How high will they chart without the XFactor to appear on?

rattierattie Posts: 7,050
Forum Member
I was just thinking that as the next series of the show is not scheduled to reach the live finals until 2012, any releases of albums/singles by Matt,Rebecca 1D or Cher in 2011 will not have the benefit of a XF performance to boost sales.

Is the winner's album being held back until 2012 to allow for this? Sorry, I genuinely don't know as I haven't seen it discussed on the board. SyCo did a good job of promoting Olly this year long before his appearance on the show and he is selling very well while Shayne and Joe didn't do so well even with an appearance. Does it really make that big a difference?

I guess we will see next year as I can't see the label holdng off until 2012.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't confirmed is it? Cowell is "hoping" to move the UK X Factor to the early part of 2012?

Dunno about anyone else but I don't think we should be taking a back seat to the USA to be honest. Its a UK show. How about they fit themselves in around our timetable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cher and 1D will do very well with or without XF tbh. Matt is a hard one, he could go either way I think. Rebecca will be an albums act I think, her singles will be moderately successful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show will most likely be on next year. Simon has already said both shows will air in 2011 and that he will do something rather 'clever' to appear on both live shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher&1D should be fine without it. And lack of XF preformace didn't hinder Olly Murs, he was number 1 without preforming on it in the summer..
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    BP4L wrote: »
    The show will most likely be on next year. Simon has already said both shows will air in 2011 and that he will do something rather 'clever' to appear on both live shows.

Oh no... hes going to do the UK one by video link :(
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    matt wants his stuff out before then in any event so not sure what difference it will make
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Oh no... hes going to do the UK one by video link :(

Yes but he is inventing the technology to make that possible. That's the "rather clever" bit. Simon is wonderful. Simon can do anything. ;)
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    JLS, Alexandra and Olly Murs have all had number 1 and/or top 10 hits without x-factor appearances. What matters far more than appearing on the show is radio and tv airplay. That is what will determine the success or not of acts coming from the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I think Cher will do really well without the show. Probably One Direction too.

I really hope Rebecca does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if they move x factor then my prediction are:

I think that Cher will be a very good single seller. Her type of music is popular(the charts are dominated by her type of music) but her market is not a big album buyer imo. Unless the whole album is really good I think she will be mostly selling singles massively not only in the UK but internationally which is also very good. Having consecutive hits and collaborations with big names is what I think will happen with her. Cher's advantage is that she stuck to her type of music throughout the competition even if that cost her votes from the casual viewers. So her fans are not going to be disappointed and know what to expect therefore they will stick by her too.

Matt could go either way imo. Unlike Cher I still don't know how his album is going to sound. Will it be more ballads(nights in white satin) or more like when we collide, which is more like a pop/rock band sound or more like a girlish pop sound that Syco loves to produce?:confused: Who knows what direction they are going to take but knowing Syco and their past decisions I'm not too optimistic. He does have a huge fanbase so I'm expecting him to at least have decent sales for the first single.

Even though bands are not so popular in the US I think 1D can make it. The last band was the Jbros which honestly couldn't sing at all. Harry sings better than all of them combined. If Simon is able to get them featured in the Disney Channel or something like that they have a very good chance. The kids are really cute and the girls will love them. In the UK they might have it tough imo because there are SO many groups competing at the moment. So imo they should actually focus more on the US. Like Matt I'm not sure the direction they will take music wise but with them it doesn't really matter since their target market are deaf teens that think with their members.

Rebecca is the one I don't know what is going to happen. Her style is very defined similar to duffy or adelle. Her tone is really beautiful too. But she really lacks so much confidence which was endearing while she was competing for votes but in the real world that won't work anymore. The music business is not all about talent obviously, it's also about personality and character, which is not Rebecca's forte. Plus (in my opinion) I loved her more when she sang show me love and sweet dreams. Uptempo club music really makes her voice shine so I'm torn with her because I wish she would take that direction but don't think she will. Rebecca is Simon's biggest risk imo because she is so shy and small (presence wise) that she could become forgettable.

Mary is a done deal imo. That woman is going to sell records in mass me thinks. Her style is very clearly similar to Shirley Bassey or along those lines. She has the fans and the charisma. She gives good interviews and is funny. Many woman of age relate to her and they definitely are the type of people that buy albums. I still don't know why Simon didn't want her to win. Mary had the competition in the bag imo if he hadn't sabotaged her. Maybe he was thinking of the US x factor promotion. Who knows...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »

Why can't he just do what Len and Bruno do for Strictly and Dancing With The Stars... Fly over to the States to record X Factor US and then fly back to record X Factor UK