So Zayn started all this?

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the wanted and 1D were on good terms when they met on the X factor not long ago.

The wanted glad u came does well in hte USA. Max says 1D are no competition, we got a top 5 single they are nothing.

A few weeks later, 1d is bigger than sliced bread. The wanted become further pissed off.

some rumours about some comments from both bands about each of this

Then Zayn tweets a pic of Max and calls him a geek

Max replies. zayn replies conversation ended mate when i called you a geek. it gets worse zayn continues insulting. Max suggests sorting problems out in person....

Louis and Liam step in to defend their bandmate.

Tom steps in to defend his bandmate.

From then on its continues ridiculously. The Wanted realize the advantage of this feud to get US press and awareness for their own band after their EP did semi-well and One Direction sold 1 million ++ then all this nonsense about a bxing match etc etc. 1D now hush up and start ignoring them after they realize this pulling cars up or whatever

And there was me giving 1D some credit....never realized Zayn started all this. I thought it had been the Wanted. The Wanted are to be frank idiots! 1D always seemed quite down to earth until this. I mean to be fair the level of success of 1d is going to go anyones head and it clearly had for Zayn's. Lets be honest, if the Wanted were in 1D's place i think they'd be even more up themselves than 1D are so that is to 1D's credit - harry and nial haven't participated in this all at as the case Siva i believe. But Zayn Malik not impressive, you sort of started this didn't you?

cue robbie/gary 10 years on 'Shame'. Why do people get so cocky in their 20's...

Comments

• Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sooner these little shits are eradicated the better. They bring nothing to music/
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, you forgot those 2 articles:

The Wanted: "One Direction, where are they now?" in july 2011 http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2011/07/The-Wanted-One-Direction-where-are-they-now/
    You can tell it stunned 1D a little: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z94sqxyEtM

& The Wanted: "One Direction are just faces – we’re actually a music band" in March 2012 http://metro.co.uk/2012/03/04/the-wanted-one-direction-are-just-faces-were-actually-a-music-band-339554/

The twitter fighting started afterwards.

I think the "they are just faces" really kickstarted the feud (probably the last nail on the coffin of whatever “friendship” they had), but it was clearly not the 1st indirect "diss" at 1D if you add those 2 to your incomplete timeline ;)

EDIT: I am not saying Zayn calling Max whatever he did was a great idea, I think this fighting (whether on twitter or through the press) is lame & immature on both sides. I am glad that 1D seem to have decided to stop & hope that it will stay that way!
    But let's not put it all on Zayn's shoulders, the Wanted had been throwing shade at 1D for a good while!
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the wanted and 1D were on good terms when they met on the X factor not long ago.

The wanted glad u came does well in hte USA. Max says 1D are no competition, we got a top 5 single they are nothing.

A few weeks later, 1d is bigger than sliced bread. The wanted become further pissed off.

Max replies. zayn replies conversation ended mate when i called you a geek. it gets worse zayn continues insulting. Max suggests sorting problems out in person....

From then on its continues ridiculously. The Wanted realize the advantage of this feud to get US press and awareness for their own band after their EP did semi-well and One Direction sold 1 million ++ then all this nonsense about a bxing match etc etc. 1D now hush up and start ignoring them after they realize this pulling cars up or whatever

And there was me giving 1D some credit....never realized Zayn started all this. I thought it had been the Wanted. The Wanted are to be frank idiots! 1D always seemed quite down to earth until this. I mean to be fair the level of success of 1d is going to go anyones head and it clearly had for Zayn's. Lets be honest, if the Wanted were in 1D's place i think they'd be even more up themselves than 1D are so that is to 1D's credit - harry and nial haven't participated in this all at as the case Siva i believe. But Zayn Malik not impressive, you sort of started this didn't you?

cue robbie/gary 10 years on 'Shame'. Why do people get so cocky in their 20's...

It looks like that could be what started it?
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously who actually cares?:sleep::yawn:
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, who seriously cares? I'm amazed people get so worked up about it?! And before the 'well don't read it' it's hard not to when it's in your face all the time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Sorry, they are both really immature. Somebody at their management/record label needs to tell them to grow up and to start controlling their fans. Given that their fans are all fairly young, perhaps they should think about setting an appropriate example, rather than bickering all the time and letting their fans bully each other?

Also, does it matter who started it? Not really, just end it already...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Max and Zayn are the ones from each band I think come across as really cocky. Having said that they're both being talked about. They probably enjoy it and would be laughing at everyone discussing it.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I care in the slightest OP, but I'd suggest the first comment you included that was meant as a dig -
    Max says 1D are no competition, we got a top 5 single they are nothing.

- is what started it.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sooner these little shits are eradicated the better. They bring nothing to music/

^^This^^
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, they are both really immature. Somebody at their management/record label needs to tell them to grow up and to start controlling their fans. Given that their fans are all fairly young, perhaps they should think about setting an appropriate example, rather than bickering all the time and letting their fans bully each other?

Also, does it matter who started it? Not really, just end it already...

Spot on. They need to quit the 'handbags at 20 paces' display asap.

Honestly, how old are they all?
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the above posts and fair play - Max George well and truly started this, Zayn made it a little worse but 1D were clearly stunned by the comments when they were on radio 1 scott mills.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was started by the unwanted well before zayn tweeted that... we've been seething at the arrogance of the unwanted for months such that when zayn tweeted those it SEEMED someone from this camp AT LONG LAST stood up for themselves!!!! :eek: ;)
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    This reminds me strongly of The Spice Girls and All Saints pretending they hated each other for the sake of publicity. Same with Take That and East 17, Oasis and Blur, Noel Gallagher and just about everybody,Sophie Ellis Bextor and Thicktoria Beckham, etc etc ad infinitum.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    This reminds me strongly of The Spice Girls and All Saints pretending they hated each other for the sake of publicity. Same with Take That and East 17, Oasis and Blur, Noel Gallagher and just about everybody,Sophie Ellis Bextor and Thicktoria Beckham, etc etc ad infinitum.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Thing is, in the short term, the publicity wins. In the long term there's usually a clear "winner" based on record sales, income etc etc. in those cases, Spice Girls, TT, Oasis. Although I'm far too old and sensible to care, 1D are the clear winners here in terms of success and the Wanted (?Unwanted) just look foolish, immature and desperate each time they try to reignite this so called "feud".