Options

Sylvie Carter and Elaine (Will Both be Cast) Who will Play them.?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will they be cast soon, and be on screen before the summer! What are your thoughts, who should play Sylvie? Elaine has been talked about alot!

I think Sylvie will have to be a very harsh character, cold, but seeking help and vulnerable.

I think Maggie Steed would be a great actress to play Sylvie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Steed

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824353/

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean Marsh would be a fantastic casting to play Sylvie would love to see her and Timothy West (Stan) have scenes together

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Marsh
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sylvie is dying but Elaine will be a recurring guest character like Aunt Sal.
  • Options
    Hollyoaks_Fan2Hollyoaks_Fan2 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I think Helen Fraser should play one of them as she played a very cold hearted character in Bad Girls so I think she would be great for this part
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Helen Fraser should play one of them as she played a very cold hearted character in Bad Girls so I think she would be great for this part

and she has already been married to Timothy West in Corrie :D
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want them both to be full time as it'll turn into the Branning overload all over again imo
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we will meet Elaine anytime soon, I know she is being refernced lots and we have seen Linda talk on the phone to her but I can see her being one of these unseen characters, like Fat Elvis. No doubt we may meet her one day but it won't be yet.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess DTC has already cast Sylvie...
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love for Elaine to be played by Gavin's mum from Gavin and Stacey so sorry but her name escapes me
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Elaine?
  • Options
    KingCorrieKingCorrie Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Maggie Kirkpatrick for Sylvie
  • Options
    AngieWattsFanAngieWattsFan Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Elaine should be Vicki Michelle. I think Jean Marsh won't be a bad choice (but she suffered a stroke). Jane Asher could be a big name to glitz up the show. I wish Ann Mitchell could pay Sylvie Carter.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    The only actress I could think of to play Sylvie is Sheila Hancock - facially similar to Linda Henry - but of course she'd be out of the running having already played the rather notorious role of Steve Owen's mother
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    KingCorrie wrote: »

That would be effing amazing if they could get her over and she could do cockney. My favourite candidate yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Will they be cast soon, and be on screen before the summer! What are your thoughts, who should play Sylvie? Elaine has been talked about alot!

I think Sylvie will have to be a very harsh character, cold, but seeking help and vulnerable.

I think Maggie Steed would be a great actress to play Sylvie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Steed

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824353/

Maggie Steed would be perfection in casting, a formidable actress with many years experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I don't think we will meet Elaine anytime soon, I know she is being refernced lots and we have seen Linda talk on the phone to her but I can see her being one of these unseen characters, like Fat Elvis. No doubt we may meet her one day but it won't be yet.

Turning into a bit of a stampede of Carters at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KingCorrie wrote: »

Someone mentioned Maggie Steed, who I think would be perfection.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BodyBag as Elaine would be brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    The only actress I could think of to play Sylvie is Sheila Hancock - facially similar to Linda Henry - but of course she'd be out of the running having already played the rather notorious role of Steve Owen's mother

Jean Marsh looks like Shirley

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8802390/Jean-Marsh-pulls-out-of-Upstairs-Downstairs-following-minor-stroke.html
  • Options
    perpet83perpet83 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »

Linda Henry played Mandy's mum and Mandy didn't seem to notice upon her return that her mother had a new head and that the old head was wandering round the square atop someone calling them self Shirley.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I think we have quite enough Carters already.
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more the better, more older cast is needed aswell.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Kate O'Mara or Helen Fraser would be my personal choice's for Sylvie and Alison Steadman for Elaine! :)
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they've ever tried to get Alison Steadman? She is an absolute dream casting for me. I just see her sitting with her rollers in on the other end of the phone everytime she is referenced.
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Cornelia Frances who was in Sons & Daughters and Home and Away springs to my mind as Shirley's mum.
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! Helen Fraser! To have Helen and Linda working together again would be amazing!