Options

BSA shortlist 2014

12346»

Comments

• Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the soap awards let the soaps themselves decide who is nominated? It just seems wrong. Also why does there have to one person per soap in each panel category. It should be the best 4 or 5 in that category no matter what soap they come from.

If they are going to have a panel decide who wins they should at least be the ones who decide who best deserves to be nominated based on their performances. It is clear that in some of the nominations by the soaps it is more about tactics/profile etc rather than soaps putting forward their best people.

If you look through the list I don't think you can say this is the best of the talent in the soaps and some categories like best newcomer look really weak to me
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy's death only happened last week?!

Talk about unfair advantage...
  • Options
    MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I want to happen;

VIEWER-VOTED CATEGORIES

Sexiest Male
    Danny Mac (Dodger Savage, Hollyoaks)

Sexiest Female
    Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes Browning, Hollyoaks)

Villain of the Year
    Anna Passey (Sienna Blake, Hollyoaks)

Best Actor
    Jeremy Sheffield (Patrick Blake, Hollyoaks)

Best Actress
    Stephanie Davis (Sinead Roscoe, Hollyoaks)

Best British Soap
    Hollyoaks

PANEL-VOTED CATEGORIES

Best Single Episode
    The Woolpack siege (Emmerdale)

Best Dramatic Performance

Best Comedy Performance
    Laura Norton (Kerry Wyatt, Emmerdale)

Best Young Performance
    Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham, Hollyoaks)

Spectacular Scene of the Year
    The Woolpack flood and siege (Emmerdale)

Best On-Screen Partnership
    David Neilson and Julie Hesmondhalgh (Roy and Hayley Cropper, Coronation Street)

Best Newcomer
    Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)

Best Storyline
    Sienna steals Nancy's life (Hollyoaks)
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIEWER-VOTED CATEGORIES

Sexiest Male
    Danny Mac (Dodger Savage, Hollyoaks)

Sexiest Female
    Jac Jossa (Lauren Branning, Eastenders)

Villain of the Year
    Anna Passey (Sienna Blake, Hollyoaks)

Best Actor
    Kieron Richardson (Ste Hay, Hollyoaks)

Best Actress

Best British Soap
    Hollyoaks

PANEL-VOTED CATEGORIES

Best Single Episode
    Lucy Beale aftermath (hopefully the Tuesday ep) or the actual JP rape ep (that was great)

Best Dramatic Performance

Best Comedy Performance
    Dan Testall (Jim Mcginn, Hollyoaks)

Spectacular Scene of the Year
    Hollyoaks Blast or Johnny coming out

Best On-Screen Partnership
    Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright (Mick and Linda Carter, Eastenders

Best Newcomer
    Maddy Hill (Nancy Carter, Eastenders)

Best Storyline
    Sienna steals Nancy's life (Hollyoaks)
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Lacey nominated for best actress for like 4 episodes..
    Glad to see Nancy nominated for best newcomer.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    Why is Lacey nominated for best actress for like 4 episodes..
    Glad to see Nancy nominated for best newcomer.

I think they should have went for Ronnie instead of Stacey.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph Davies to win both her awards and Anna Passey to win hers please!
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    They put Lacey forward as they know she is popular and and would most probably make it on to the shortlist and they were proven right the fact she's made it on to the shortlist and has hardly done anything yet since returning proves how popular she is .
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexiest Male - Knew it would be between Danny and Danny (hey never realised they had the same name :D). Hopefully next year we'll have Sam Strike up but with Danny as his father that'll probably never happen!
    My Winner - Danny Mac HO

Sexiest Female - Disappointed in HO nominations, they have so many females to pick from who are so much better than Theresa and Mercedes, and have so much more class! Lindsay and Maxine would have been my picks.
    My Winner - Jacqueline Jossa EE

Villain of the Year - Again, completely flummoxed at the HO nominations! ...did I just say flummoxed? Sienna is the only one worthy of a nod. Fraser just no, and Trevor is too lovely to be a villain :( HE LOVES FISH. Gutted Keith Rice or Joseph Thompson aren't up...so, even though I don't watch ED I saw the siege episode and that single episode sewed up Cameron's win for me! It was as epic as Brendan's exit in HO :o
    My Winner - Cameron Murray ED

Best Actor - I love Danny Dyer, but I don't agree with him being up for actor. He hasn't shown his full potential, and his acting so far - even though it's great - isn't deserving of the nod over people like Adam or Michael. I'm also not the biggest fan of Jeremy in HO.
    My Winner - Kieron Richardson HO

Best Actress - Lacey Turner WHAT. Complete and absolute crap. It should have went to Samantha Womack or Jacqueline Jossa. Even June Brown for Nicks 'death'. Pretty easy award to give out this year, in my opinion.
    My Winner - Stephanie Davis HO

Best British Soap - I watch both HO and EE religiously. Hollyoaks has been going steadily downhill since Brendan left. On the other hand, EE has been going steadily uphill. Even though HO has flashes of brilliance (and Robbie Roscoe ;-)), I think with the introduction of the Carters and the utter brilliance of Adam Woodyatt...it's pretty obvious who should win this award.
    My Winner - Eastenders

Best Single Episode - I was surprised to see Lucy's death in this, as I was expecting that to come next year. It's a struggle for me, this one. I want Keith Rice and James Sutton to get the recognition they deserve, but the siege was just so epic! Maybe I'll toss a coin...
    My Winner - Rape ordeal HO

Best Dramatic Performance - Stephanie Davis, 100%. Easy.
    My Winner - Stephanie Davis HO

Best Comedy Performance - Shirley is one of my favourite EE characters and she always makes me laugh. I can't wait for her big SL with her He-Was-Definitely-Carved-By-Angels son, I'm sure she'll shine. But this award goes to Dan Tetsell. He was hilarious :D I'm still silently fuming that they killed him off.
    My Winner - Dan Tetsell HO

Best Young Performance - Again, I think the wrong nominations were made in regards to Hollyoaks. As much as I adore Ellis, Keith should have had this in the bag. For EE I would have said Sam Strike as well, but I'm not sure how old you have to be for this...
    My Winner - Ellis Hollins HO

Spectacular Scene of the Year - It is so refreshing to see Johnny's coming out scene in this category. I can't remember a time when something other than a crash/disaster was up for this!
    My Winner - Johnny comes out to Mick EE

Best On-Screen Partnership - Happy to see Joseph Thompson getting a nod. He did get dragged out and became a little tiring towards the end, but at the beginning he was a fantastic villain. Also good to see Danny/Kellie up there. My ideals would have been Stephanie and Kieron for HO, or in a complete fantasy, Danny and Joe. Dodger and Dennis are just my favourite pairing, I absolutely adore them :D
    My Winner - Jennifer Metcalfe and Joseph Thompson HO

Best Newcomer - Worst nominated category by far this year. Mandy instead of Sam? He would have had it in the bag! Charlie C instead of Charlie W? I do like Nancy, and I also like Freddie even though he has been far too overused lately.
    My Winner - Maddy Hill EE

Best Storyline - :confused: at the EE choice. I would go for ED but I only saw the Siege episode so I don't think I can vote for the entire storyline! Even though it had me screaming and shouting at the screen whilst being incredibly frustrated at Sienna, I enjoyed the HO storyline. Jessica Fox shone in it, she really did.
    Sienna steals Nancy's life HO

I enjoyed writing that :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed for ED :(

I'm surprised that Charley Webb and the lad who plays Jacob are in the final shortlist.

Very pleased at Dominic Power (Cameron) and Michael Parr (Ross) getting nods though. Especially Michael.;-)

And Doctors' Mandy & Lois up for Best Partnership, rather than Daniel & Zara?!:o
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that Charley Webb and the lad who plays Jacob are in the final shortlist.

Very pleased at Dominic Power (Cameron) and Michael Parr (Ross) getting nods though. Especially Michael.;-)

And Doctors' Mandy & Lois up for Best Partnership, rather than Daniel & Zara?!:o

I thought Belle would have been put up instead of Jacob .
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    I thought Belle would have been put up instead of Jacob .

Me too, even though she won last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best newcomer should have been charlie wernham and im actually a charlie clapham/freddie fan:o
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,287
    Forum Member
    Ch4 just said 'Hollyoaks won 5 awards last year and they are nominated again this year. Go to so and so to vote' :o
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Emmerdale wins the spectacular scene for the siege and flood at the Woolpack. I'm not too bothered about the other categories, but I feel very strongly that Emmerdale deserves that one as it really was sensational and jaw dropping. I was glued to my TV screen for the whole episode - it was so action packed and well done. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't win this.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what the actor who plays Freddie just tweeted

@CharlieClapham: Good luck knockin the smile off my face. 1 year in I wake up n I've only got myself a nomination! Immensely proud #SOAPAWARDS #bestnewcomer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame Alison King isn't in the shortlist - im not happy :-(
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Its a shame Alison King isn't in the shortlist - im not happy :-(
    She deserved to be nominated too. Amazing actress.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks are really promoting this everywhere even after tonight's E4 episode wouldn't be surprised to see them do really well especially in the viewer voted categories.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    So pleased for hollyoaks. With that many nominations i am almost certain they will win something. If they can get 5+ that would be brilliant.
    Though the GANGSTER rubbish has let it down a bit recently they have done well for other things and both Steph Davies & Anna passey in particular deserve something.

Dan aka Jim deserves his comedy performance more than any other award. Hope the panel actually do the right thing and give him the award. The other nominations aren't that funny and has he has left the show would be amazing if he could nab something. So cruelly killed and Jim was an amazing character. If he wins that i don't care about the others.
    I do think Danny Mac will get Sexiest Male again so at least we will win one.

Orange Keegan getting sexiest female again no doubt :( i despair at how anyone finds 'that' attractive. What happened to liking the natural look. At least it will be her last win , unless she moves to another soap :o it's nice if someone else could win.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the nominees for best newcomer hilarious considering how hated Freddie and Maddie are on here :p Also a bit surprised at the nomination for Nancy, I like her but she would have been the last Carter I would have expected to get a nomination in that category :confused: Still hope she wins out of the choices though!

Quite strange nominations overall though, I haven't watched Hollyoaks in ages but shocked to see it get so many nominations as from the sounds of things it's been absolutely abysmal lately :o Hopefully it doesn't win much. A shame to see Adam Woodyatt not nominated for anything although I guess the storyline has only just started so hopefully it will be a big win for next year. Happy to see the nominations for the Lucy's death aftermath episode (I assume that's last tuesday?) and the nominations for Julie Hesmondhalgh, David Nielson and Mimi Keene - hope they all win their respective categories!

Also has Best Exit been removed as a category this year?