45 minute delay confirmed for tonight

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
So real time fesitivities will be kicking off about 8.15

So please be careful from there on if you are going to be out and about on the BB forum, just in case some bright spark thinks it will be funny to deliberately spoil things on who is going in

Other than that enjoy the show tonight and see you all on the Launch Night thread later :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the warning!! How long is the usual Friday eviction delay?
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Im not pleased about this! You'd think for the last series they'd put things back to the pre-BB8 days when the Launch shows were actually 'Live' or at least with a 5-10 minute delay.

So does this mean the live stream is actually delayed by 45 minutes? if it starts at 10.30pm when the main show ends then we'll be watching coverage from 9.45?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks richie, there's always a few!

Might kip til 9 to avoid spoilers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    Launchs have been on this sort of delay for the past few years, It was at least 30 minutes for BB9
  • srslydudesrslydude Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just know there's gonna be someone who'll announce some of the housemates in a thread title. But bloody hell, 45 minutes?! I'll have to go and wander around the house for a bit to avoid anything :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    Im not pleased about this! You'd think for the last series they'd put things back to the pre-BB8 days when the Launch shows were actually 'Live' or at least with a 5-10 minute delay.

So does this mean the live stream is actually delayed by 45 minutes? if it starts at 10.30pm when the main show ends then we'll be watching coverage from 9.45?

It said on the LF article that the delay will be fifteen minutes. So...they might cut the action until 10.15 then start. I hope not. I think the best thing for them to do is run at a 45 minute delay until all the housemates are asleep, then jump the feed forward half an hour.
  • PaulB1973PaulB1973 Posts: 2,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »

Shame really - pretty-sure earlier series launches were actually real-time live. Nothing is actually live with BB other than the spin-off shows these days.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Nothing new, been on a delay for a few years now. Will be off the forums by then anyway. :)
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    srslydude wrote: »
    You just know there's gonna be someone who'll announce some of the housemates in a thread title. But bloody hell, 45 minutes?! I'll have to go and wander around the house for a bit to avoid anything :D

Even if I read all the names it wouldn't mean anything to me, I never really read the potential housemates list. :(
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulB1973 wrote: »
    Shame really - pretty-sure earlier series launches were actually real-time live. Nothing is actually live with BB other than the spin-off shows these days.

Sometimes they do Big Mouth pre recorded.
    Forum Member
    PaulB1973 wrote: »

I imagine the crowd has to bee off-site by a certain time hence the delay. Certainly on a midweek it's probably even earlier than it would be on a Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Desert Rat wrote: »
    Sometimes they do Big Mouth pre recorded.

How? If the evicted HM is meant to be on it?
  • icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the warning, have been caught out by those spoiler mad aholics before... will def not touch this forum till after the show
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ2008 wrote: »

Because some evictions are filmed that far in advance they can pre record Big Mouth too. Its normally when theres a double or something else happening- the one with Emma Willis during CBB was pre recorded.
    Forum Member

Eviction interviewes are pre-recorded during the 10pm break.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evicted Housemates usually exit the House around 10pm (straight after the first show goes off air), which means Big Mouth can start recording by around half past, or soon after.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone spoils it without pointing it out I will personally be extremely annoyed and will not rise to their stupidity.
  • thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont use the forum at that time anyway....presume it may crash lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks richie, there's always a few!

Might kip til 9 to avoid spoilers.

Wouldnt it be easier to just avoid DS til 9? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what delay the live feed will be on then, considering it starts at 10.30.
  • nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know a good website to read as they go in? Apart from this :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    michael777 wrote: »
    I wonder what delay the live feed will be on then, considering it starts at 10.30.

The normal 15 minutes.