Options

Poor Scheduling = Low ratings

Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does the BBC want the Voice to secretly fail? No wonder the audiences are dropping like a stone, its not so much the content of the shows, its the timing which is dismal from the BBC. Semi finals on really early in summertime, the same night as televised England footy and Eurovision, the final on the Saturday of the Diamon Jubilee...madness!! Very few will be watching the final live, its simply crazy. The BBC surely must schedule the next series at better times....a shame as the format is far better than X factor..Commercial tv would have done the show so much better...

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peace100 wrote: »
    Does the BBC want the Voice to secretly fail? No wonder the audiences are dropping like a stone, its not so much the content of the shows, its the timing which is dismal from the BBC. Semi finals on really early in summertime, the same night as televised England footy and Eurovision, the final on the Saturday of the Diamon Jubilee...madness!! Very few will be watching the final live, its simply crazy. The BBC surely must schedule the next series at better times....a shame as the format is far better than X factor..Commercial tv would have done the show so much better...

They could put it on at 3p.m on Christmas Day and it still wouldn't cut the mustard
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could put it on at 3p.m on Christmas Day and it still wouldn't cut the mustard

Um, I don't know whether this was meant to be clever or ironic or whatever, but I think less people would watch if it were to be on Christmas day? I don't watch much TV on Christmas and I'm not sure if you do, but if I do, I only tend to watch Christmas-related programmes?

I think it should have ran from the middle of January to the middle of March or so because I agree that the scheduling is seriously affecting the ratings (in my opinion).
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Peace100 wrote: »

That's what happened with SYTYCD... the first series did well as the Beeb aired it in January/Feb, but the second series flopped as they put it in a May/June slot.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that scheduling has been a problem.

When the show started at 7:00 it had high ratings every episode. The dip started when they changed the time slot.
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also bounced around the schedules regarding timings. One of the crucial things to keep an audience is to broadcast at the same time each week and this just hasn't happened. Unbelievable with a show they've invested so much in.
  • Options
    David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also bounced around the schedules regarding timings. One of the crucial things to keep an audience is to broadcast at the same time each week and this just hasn't happened. Unbelievable with a show they've invested so much in.

I don't think recording the result show and airing it Sunday night helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no humour whatsoever in The Voice.

Also it lacks any spark as when Holly had a chance to shine by sticking up for Max Milner when the judges were having a go at him she simply wimped out and said nothing as usual. The Voice started off great but now it's a mess.
  • Options
    kellygirlkellygirl Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I hope next year it goes out in January and has a set time to start at 7.30 on a Saturday with ther results show at 10.00 or live the following day
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    I don't think recording the result show and airing it Sunday night helps.

You're absolutely right on that score. It's an awful decision which surely must be rectified for the next series or there's no hope at all for a third series of The Voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a great time of year to have it on. People have better things to do than watch television especially so early in the evening when it's still light out and still not too cold. I've missed almost all the episodes because of work (which I either start at 5 or finish at 8). This wouldn't be a problem so much is the voting was open long enough to watch the performance and vote before the results.

Xx..xX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's the scheduling but Holly has slipped up numerous times, I don't think she is cut out for a show like that. The judges dancing is beyond cringey.

The music artists like Paloma Faith and Cheryl Cole have been terrible.

It's lacking in entertainment

Plus Jessie J really needs to sort her attitude out.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Do the whole thing on a sunday. Ive always thought Dancing on Ice drags on but it still gets high ratings -- if it was on a saturday I cant see it could do as well but it has no competition in January on a Sunday. Doing the results show on a seperate day is a big mistake.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's the scheduling but Holly has slipped up numerous times, I don't think she is cut out for a show like that. The judges dancing is beyond cringey.

The music artists like Paloma Faith and Cheryl Cole have been terrible.

It's lacking in entertainment

Plus Jessie J really needs to sort her attitude out.

That thing the other week where she started her song again apparently due to earpiece problems was a complete and utter shambles.

It didn't look professional, and even though it happened I still find it hard to believe that it did.

It just made it come across as a really cheap show.
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    There is no humour whatsoever in The Voice.

Also it lacks any spark as when Holly had a chance to shine by sticking up for Max Milner when the judges were having a go at him she simply wimped out and said nothing as usual. The Voice started off great but now it's a mess.

I agree with this, it is far too po faced and self righteous and has no grounds to be. It's merely a derivative of pop idol type programs it get's on my nerves how it is portrayed as being a superior, serious singing competition when it is clearly just another karaoke competition like x factor without the novelty acts.
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kellygirl wrote: »
    I hope next year it goes out in January and has a set time to start at 7.30 on a Saturday with ther results show at 10.00 or live the following day

Results won't be on at 10 on as Saturday night. News then match of the day.

Show 7-8.30
    Results 9.30 be better but have to fit the loterry game show draw into the schedule.

BBCs Saturday night schedule is very restrictive.