BSA shortlist 2014

avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[news]Hollyoaks tops British Soap Awards 2014 shortlist[/news]

I know the short list doesn't come out till tomorrow but soap squawk has just tweeted saying hollyoaks will be very happy.

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh for Hollyoaks :) thanks for the info ava.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean they are going to win anything tho now does it!!
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we find out the short list at Midnight?
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale won't be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »

No it doesn't but at least if they are shortlisted they might have a chance to win some awards.
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »

No it doesn't I think they mean they have done very well from the long list.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised. Every storyline HO has done this year has purely been designed around the soap awards. Obviously its worked. Its like winning a BSA is all they care about these days.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised. Every storyline HO has done this year has purely been designed around the soap awards. Obviously its worked. Its like winning a BSA is all they care about these days.

They know how to make a good montage I'll give 'em that. Making a coherent story on the other hand....

*tumbleweed*

(and this time last year I would have considered myself an uberfan. Not anymore!)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,642
    Forum Member
    The only award I can see them winning this year is Sexiest Male.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE Will win sexist male with Danny Dyer
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd laugh if they don't win Most Spectacular Scene with the amount of stunts they have done over the past 12 months.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    The only award I can see them winning this year is Sexiest Male.

Danny Mac can savage me with his dodger any time he likes. Phwoar. I'm tempted to start watching hollyoaks just for him. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've only voted for the actors/actresses we haven't yet voted for the other catergories. So I think people were voting on who impressed them 'acting skills' etc well I certainly was.
    Forum Member
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    EE Will win sexist male with Danny Dyer
    Seriously? :confused:

ETA - Did you mean sexist or sexiest?
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Danny Mac can savage me with his dodger any time he likes. Phwoar. I'm tempted to start watching hollyoaks just for him. :D
    He doesn't do it for me, but I can see that he is a nice-looking guy.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

Although seriously, I think that will be one of the few award Oaks is likely to win this year.

Hoping that Dominic Power (formerly Cameron in Emmerdale) will be up for an award or two.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    I know the short list doesn't come out till tomorrow but soap squawk has just tweeted saying hollyoaks will be very happy.

That's interesting considering how crap it has been recently. I'm guessing a couple of the actors got shortlisted. Probably Kieron Richardson and Stephanie Davis?
  • kjg1995kjg1995 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    That's interesting considering how crap it has been recently. I'm guessing a couple of the actors got shortlisted. Probably Kieron Richardson and Stephanie Davis?

Those two and Anna Passey i'd guess at.

Do we also find out the nominations for panel voted awards at the same time then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjg1995 wrote: »
    Those two and Anna Passey i'd guess at.

Do we also find out the nominations for panel voted awards at the same time then?

I think we do.
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    I think we do.

Thanks. I could see Stephanie Davis getting shortlisted for Best Actress and/or perhaps something in the Best Dramatic Performance category. That's panel voted, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I could see Stephanie Davis getting shortlisted for Best Actress and/or perhaps something in the Best Dramatic Performance category. That's panel voted, right?

I think best soap/actor/actress/sexiest male/female and villiain are viewer voted. All the rest panel voted.
    Forum Member
    I think Danny Mac will become the male version of Michelle Keegan and have Sexiest Male as an automatic win for him each year.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think Danny Mac will become the male version of Michelle Keegan and have Sexiest Male as an automatic win for him each year.
    I really think Danny Dyer will win personally but it will be between those two.
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member

:o:o:D:D:D SECONDED!!!

I think they might win best stunt for the blast or maybe best single episode for the blast and Clare and Browning deaths. That episode was packed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who is going to win the most important category best soap. i know we can vote right up to the awards virtually, but that is the only category that really matters.. i see it being between eastenders and corrie. i have a sneaky feeling eastenders may clinch it this time.