Options

UEFA decide Man City are in breach of FFP....

bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No word as yet on the punishment offered to them.

PSG also in the same boat.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-04-28/man-city-and-psg-in-breach-of-ffp/

Comments

• Options
    thegreytistthegreytist Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    "The clubs - understood to be fewer than 20 in total and including Manchester City and PSG - can either accept the offer of the sanctions, which could range from a reprimand to a fine up to restrictions on the squad for European competition next season, or try to negotiate a lesser punishment."

To me that just gives me the impression that they will just negotiate a large of amount of money to pay UEFA to sweep this under the carpet. Therefore making a complete mockery of the alleged rules anyway.
  • Options
    FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    What's the point in offering settlements? Either you have complied with the rules or not. If not then have the balls to follow through otherwise there is no point. Suppose everyone knew that though anyway
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Clever by UEFA, I don't know why anyone would expect anything less. The clubs in question will probably just need to pay a bribe/fine.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once someone threatens UEFA with a Brussels or Strasbourg court as a restraint of trade FFP will mysteriously disappear
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    FFP rules may as well not exist at all.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The punishment will be a fine of a few million, which City lawyers will successfully overturn at greater expense than said fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Slap on the wrists.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone really think FFP would have any teeth?

As soon as Platini promised big - it was destined to go nowhere.

Even more hilarious - it's all to make sure clubs don't spend beyond their means - but the big spenders who get punished can just make it all go away with big fines that no doubt go straight into the UEFA coffers.

UEFA in financially dubious impartiality decision shocker! Never!
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think PSG messed it all up for Platini.
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    City should be deducted 10 points in the league this season. Then let's see if they have the balls to breach the rules again.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Liverpool fan I'd like to see City docked 10 points :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If UEFA want clubs to take FFP seriously, the punishments need to be severe.

Can't see it happening though.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    City have been pretty quiet on FFP for a while now and didn't even reference it in their end of season accounts.

I think the question is do they accept a form of punishment thus accepting FFP and legitimizing it or maybe risk further punishment and take UEFA to court which someone will eventually do down the line.

City were always going to officially fail the FFP test but the removal of pre June 2010 wages would then allows us to sneak through, not sure if this has been applied yet.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even a free-spending club like Chelsea have done their best to comply with the FFP rules.

We sold Mata to a rival to do this.

But when it is finally revealed that the consequence of completely ignoring FFP is a fine, it makes it a complete mockery.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Clever by UEFA, I don't know why anyone would expect anything less. The clubs in question will probably just need to pay a bribe/fine.

Well it's only fair that with all that money swishing around the suits in charge get a goody bag.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »

As a United fan, trust me so would I ;-)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a United fan, trust me so would I ;-)

How about all the teams above us get docked thirty points, so that Giggs can retire with a 14th league winners medal? :D;-)
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would you really want the league handed to you in that way?

I wouldnt
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Once someone threatens UEFA with a Brussels or Strasbourg court as a restraint of trade FFP will mysteriously disappear

Would it really count as restraint of trade? The clubs knew the entry requirements for the competition so if they couldn't meet them that's not UEFA's fault. Most other teams seem to have managed it.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can probably be deemed to be unfair and discriminatory by a club based on its debt, equity and income.
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    Would you really want the league handed to you in that way?

I wouldnt

Sure I believe you. :p

The league wouldn't be handed to us anyway. We've already been the best side all season, we've worked hard, battered almost every team in the league, and are worthy champions no matter how we get there now. So yeah, dock 'em 10 points I say. It wouldn't devalue our remarkable achievement in the slightest.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »

The league wouldn't be handed to us anyway. We've already been the best side all season, we've worked hard, battered almost every team in the league, and are worthy champions no matter how we get there now. So yeah, dock 'em 10 points I say. It wouldn't devalue our remarkable achievement in the slightest.

Correct.

If you finish top.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Why haven't they done it already? How do you know it's not within EU laws?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your fellow Liverpool fans must love you.

City and Chelsea will be gaining more support with every arrogant, self-entitled post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's either high time you stopped declaring yourself to be a Liverpool fan, or you grew up and decided to debate threads in here as an adult. You are doing neither the club nor yourself any favours, so please, just stop with the idiot posts.