Do BT offer deals when a FTTC cab goes live?

pete taylorpete taylor Posts: 1,977
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a BT broadband customer on a good broadband deal. Our FTTC cabinet is being installed at the moment.

Does anyone know if BT contact their customers with any special deals when Infinity becomes available, or do they just offer you the price from the published rate card if I sign up voluntary.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Certainly no special offers here when we went live about three years ago.

I believe they treat it as a premium product and as such discounts are rare and currently competition is very limited.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    itvdig_csr wrote: »
    Certainly no special offers here when we went live about three years ago.

I believe they treat it as a premium product and as such discounts are rare and currently competition is very limited.
    You are correct that BT offer no special deals when an FTTC cabinet goes live.

However you are not quite correct when you say that there are no discounts! For about the last 6 months BT have been pushing BT Infinity aggressively - with Sainsbury's Vouchers, Quidco and discounts on Broadband monthly cost.

See the BT Infinity website for current offers.
  • garroshgarrosh Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    the cab in my area went live 3 weeks ago, i only know because i constantly kept checking the btwholesales checker on my phone number.

when it was live i phoned bt who then said i would need to take out another contract (as my old one had expired quite few years ago) to have FTTC. they run through the offers they have now, which all in all are quite expensive.

I gave them the spill that sky could offer this and that at a better price, upon saying that they gave me a discount and chucked in a free youview box in as well (which came last week and is still in the box haha) also i get the BT sport included which is a good deal

i think its a case of giving them a call when its live and seeing what you can push for
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know they don't discount and don't contact you either...the offers online are what they do, but they can alter them.

Now if they screw up your order, then a discount might be offered, I got Infinity 2 with anytime calls for £20.00 a month plus line rental...think that is a saving of around £10 a month.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They contacted my next door neighbour loads of times when our FTC went live, they did not give them any offers. Just bombarded them with letters and phone calls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There is an offer of £50 to take up Infinity.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although the geheral advice is not to depend on it Quidco are offering up to £200 cahback (depending on package) aand you still get the BT Offers http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/

I got £150 last year
  • syko29793syko29793 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Although the geheral advice is not to depend on it Quidco are offering up to £200 cahback (depending on package) aand you still get the BT Offers http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/

I got £150 last year

BT do offer discounts for existing customers to upgrade but they are hard to get hold of.

They are currently running an upgrade offer by special invite for existing copper broadband customer. They can upgrade and keep any current discounts.

To get the invite you have to wait for BT Infinity to become available then call up BT retentions team on 0800 800 030 option 1, and renew your standard broadband at a reduced rate and refuse any hard sell to take Infinity and fight for the biggest discount.

You will then get an email or a letter shortly after the new contract starts. (providing you have allowed BT to contact you with marketing offers) asking you to upgrade to infinity with no set up costs and keeping the discount you took on the standard broadband.

The invite will have a special code that you have to input here https://www.vouchers.bt.com/promo/infinityupgrade/?s_cid=con_FURL_fibreoptic
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    They contacted my next door neighbour loads of times when our FTC went live, they did not give them any offers. Just bombarded them with letters and phone calls.

Do any of the big providers 'bombard' people with letters and phone calls these days? I think your really exaggerating this one Noise lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=neo_wales;73851480]Do any of the big providers 'bombard' people with letters and phone calls these days? I think your really exaggerating this one Noise lol[/QUOTE]

They sure do...every week I get a letter from VM, and Talk Talk aren't to far behind either, other than those nobody else really, they are the worst two companies by far.

BT have sent me about 3 letters trying to get me to sign up to their TV package. Never had a phone call apart from Sky who offer free or half price upgrades to Movies/Sports for a limited time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be lucky, I've never had an email/letter/telephone call from my current provider (TT) or my previous provider (BT).

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/how-do-I-stop-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material if you've not already joined.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    I must be lucky, I've never had an email/letter/telephone call from my current provider (TT) or my previous provider (BT).

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/how-do-I-stop-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material if you've not already joined.

Thanks for the link, but if I'm honest letters don't really bother me, as they can just go in the bin, besides one day I may wish to change providers.

Phone calls are my main bug bear thankfully though it is only Sky and I don't mind because I have them, and if I am honest they have always given me a good offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which does nothing if you are a customer of the company, notice UNADDRESSED, and also the Royal Mail seems to ignore it anyway. I sent the form back to them a couple of years back and still get all the crap under the sun, including stuff from BT and your beloved Talk Talk.
    Makes no odds, it all goes in the bin, if they want to waste money and paper.

As for bombarded, it depends what your view of bombarded is. Getting a letter every other week and a phone call every month is in my opinion being bombarded. True it is not like AOL of the old days,

It seem to have done the job as they signed up for FTTC, but they was a ADSL customer of BT.

Also peoples, think about what the service is going to cost you after the offers, certainly if you are stuck in a contract for 18 months or more. Price is not always the issue I know, quality of service is important as well, but some people just go by price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Which does nothing if you are a customer of the company, notice UNADDRESSED, and also the Royal Mail seems to ignore it anyway. I sent the form back to them a couple of years back and still get all the crap under the sun, including stuff from BT and your beloved Talk Talk.
    Makes no odds, it all goes in the bin, if they want to waste money and paper.

As for bombarded, it depends what your view of bombarded is. Getting a letter every other week and a phone call every month is in my opinion being bombarded. True it is not like AOL of the old days,

It seem to have done the job as they signed up for FTTC, but they was a ADSL customer of BT.

Also peoples, think about what the service is going to cost you after the offers, certainly if you are stuck in a contract for 18 months or more. Price is not always the issue I know, quality of service is important as well, but some people just go by price.

To be honest, I don't believe you, pure fantasy and gross exaggeration from you again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't believe you, pure fantasy and gross exaggeration from you again.

I don't really give a crap what you believe. to be honest, just go away.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get letters quite frequently from bt and virgin to change. Bt also phoned me about 2 weeks after infinity was live. They kept saying for the extra the speed would be fantastic. All sounded good till I cottoned on it was limited to 40gb on that package. The unlimited infinity was too expensive.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member

I do believe noise 747 as I get letters from BT quite a bit lately and Fibre won't be here for another 2 months. I also get letters from TT who I left 1½ years ago.

I wouldn't exactly call it a bombardment though.

I am anti BT because They ripped me off (in my opinion) for about £35 when I cancelled my broadband and phone line ..... I did cancel on time but apparetly I should have contaced two departments within BT to do this .... so I had only cancelled one and got stuck with the other. ''If you don't pay your phone line will be cut off'' was the helpful advice from India.

That was about 10 years ago so never went back.

Another thing I don't like about BT at the moment is that they are offering 3 fibre pack ages one of 10GB pm one 20GB pm and the other (pricey) unlimited.
    The Ad says you can get free unlimited Wi-Fi on your unlimited package .... well thanks a bunch.

What I mean by the 10GB and 20GB packages is that they are offering high speed internet to the masses and if only 30% exceed their download limits then BT is in for big paydays. Unsurprisingly the monthly download limit is hidden in T&C's at the bottom.

I've always though of BT as a very greedy company, they have the infastructure but are always playing catchup on offers and deals .... they have got Champions League next year which may get them a bigger share of the market but it cost a fair few bob.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Do any of the big providers 'bombard' people with letters and phone calls these days? I think your really exaggerating this one Noise lol

I get a weekly mailshot from Talk Talk addressed to "The Occupier". The main culprit is Virgin who send me a large A4 envelope every week and stuffed with leaflets.

Both go back in the post box at the end of my street marked "Addressee not recognised". I'm on MPS and the bloody post office deliver it (and much more)>:(