Michelle McManus is a size 18...apparently!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Boy oh boy am I sick of celebrities (and i use that term loosely) lying about their dress size. Heat reported Michelle Mcmanus as a size 18...Im not lsaying she hasnt lost a lot of weight...but a size 18....really?

Comments

• FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boy oh boy am I sick of celebrities (and i use that term loosely) lying about their dress size. Heat reported Michelle Mcmanus as a size 18...Im not lsaying she hasnt lost a lot of weight...but a size 18....really?

She looks more like a 20/22 but I could be wrong.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    no way is she a size 18....im a sizxe 16/18 and no where near looking as big as her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fi~ wrote:
    no way is she a size 18....im a sizxe 16/18 and no where near looking as big as her

Maybe she buys her clothes from the same shop as Fern Britton who claims to be a size 16! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    size 18 ...where do they get these statistics from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what?!
    no, im sorry, but those two are NOT size 16/18. Unless the camera adds alot more than 10 pounds!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern Britton has been quoted as stating she is a size 16.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FordCapri wrote:
    Fern Britton has been quoted as stating she is a size 16.

Well I wish she'd let us know which shop she goes to that she can fit into a size 16 cos that would make me about a size 2! Quality! :D
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Slinky_madinky

Michelle McMannus is a size 18.... is this a piss-take or what? :eek: :eek: If she's a size 18, then I'm a size 8! :D:D:D Michelle, wake up and smell the coffee, love! :D

I'm with you all the way on this subject! If larger celebrities insist on commenting on the fact that they "love" being large, then they should at least be up-front and honest about their actual size! In any other circumstances, I'd say that their size is nothing to do with anyone else, but because the likes of MM and Fern Britton have recently been commenting on their size and their apparent love of it in celebrity magazines, they shoud at least be honest about what size they actually ARE!

It's the same with plastic surgery, if your going to tell a celeb magazine that you think it's great that plastic surgery exists and that you wouldn't have any worries about having sonething done in the future, then you should at least be honest enough to admit when you've actually had something done - especially as far as stick-like Vic is concerned, it's bloody obvious that she had implants, but what did she do? Deny it! The fool - people in the North Pole could see that those breast weren't her own - they looked like two melons stuck down her top!

I dont really give a toss about Michelle McMannus and Fern Britton and their weight battle/apparent joy of being large, but it drives me up the wall that they think the general public are that stupid and that we will believe any old crap they come out with! :mad:

If the ARE happy with their weight, then good for those, but I've gained a bit of weight recently and I can feel it already - and I'm only a size 14/16! If, if in their cases, your around a size 20/22 22/24, then surely you find it a strugle carring that much weight around ,and you cant be as happy as you'd like to be - all that strain on your heart isn't good for anyone! After all, MM was "happy" with her weight, but even she realised that it was getting out of hand and is now doing something about it!
  • nirvana-rhodesnirvana-rhodes Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    18what miles! haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote:
    Michelle McMannus is a size 18.... is this a piss-take or what? :eek: :eek: If she's a size 18, then I'm a size 8! :D:D:D Michelle, wake up and smell the coffee, love! :D

I'm with you all the way on this subject! If larger celebrities insist on commenting on the fact that they "love" being large, then they should at least be up-front and honest about their actual size! In any other circumstances, I'd say that their size is nothing to do with anyone else, but because the likes of MM and Fern Britton have recently been commenting on their size and their apparent love of it in celebrity magazines, they shoud at least be honest about what size they actually ARE!

It's the same with plastic surgery, if your going to tell a celeb magazine that you think it's great that plastic surgery exists and that you wouldn't have any worries about having sonething done in the future, then you should at least be honest enough to admit when you've actually had something done - especially as far as stick-like Vic is concerned, it's bloody obvious that she had implants, but what did she do? Deny it! The fool - people in the North Pole could see that those breast weren't her own - they looked like two melons stuck down her top!

I dont really give a toss about Michelle McMannus and Fern Britton and their weight battle/apparent joy of being large, but it drives me up the wall that they think the general public are that stupid and that we will believe any old crap they come out with! :mad:

If the ARE happy with their weight, then good for those, but I've gained a bit of weight recently and I can feel it already - and I'm only a size 14/16! If, if in their cases, your around a size 20/22 22/24, then surely you find it a strugle carring that much weight around ,and you cant be as happy as you'd like to be - all that strain on your heart isn't good for anyone! After all, MM was "happy" with her weight, but even she realised that it was getting out of hand and is now doing something about it!

Exellent post. Well said. These zelebs must think we are thick as mince to believe their bullsh**. :mad: :mad:
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this the same sizing that Vennesa Feltz uses when she says she's a size 12
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote:

Ha, ha!!! Yup, that would be the same sizing!! 12? My a*se!
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by FordCapri
    Exellent post. Well said. These zelebs must think we are thick as mince to believe their bullsh**. :mad: :mad:

Glad you enjoyed the read! :D To be honest, I dont give a toss about said zelebs, all it makes me realise is that they're even more of a joke than I first thought! :D For the people who like them and like reading about them, they should shop treating them like idiots and start telling them truth! :mad:

Also...
    Originally posted by welwynrose

Yeah.... :rolleyes: as much as I like Vanessa, to say in that infamous OK! photoshoot that she was now a size 12 was just absurd! Yes, she'd lost weight, but she was still at least a size 16! :mad: :mad:

They're all as deluded as each other, in my book! :rolleyes:
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I saw This Morning last week for the first time in months, and Fern did look much much slimmer.
    She was doing cycling training for charity or somehting.

BUT I totally agree with this thread, it is crazy what zelebs expect us to believe, do they think we are blind?. I am a 16, and am half the size of Michelle McManus.

Just look at the size of her waist, they she's at least a size 20+.
    i do commend her loss, she did really well on you are what you eat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote:
    I saw This Morning last week for the first time in months, and Fern did look much much slimmer.
    She was doing cycling training for charity or somehting.

BUT I totally agree with this thread, it is crazy what zelebs expect us to believe, do they think we are blind?. I am a 16, and am half the size of Michelle McManus.

Just look at the size of her waist, they she's at least a size 20+.
    i do commend her loss, she did really well on you are what you eat.

Will she be able to maintain it though? MM could have lost weight without McKeith's over fussy diet just through eating less and exercising more. That said, fair play to her for doing so well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any recent pictures of Michelle so I can't comment on her but I agree about Fern...there is no way she is a size 16.

Another one I noticed today was Janet Jackson...she's got all portly and Reveal magazine declared she had "ballooned" from a size 8 to a size 16.

Well having seen the so-called size 8 picture, she was at LEAST a size 10 and as for the size 16, make that a US 16, which is a UK size 20 :p

And while I'm at it, Kirstie Alley is another one who claims to be a size 12 and is at least 2 sizes bigger :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    It's obvious that Michelle McManus has lost shedloads of weight. She must easily have been a size 28/30 at her heaviest.

She has shed six stone I believe, and from looking at the photos of her now, she is probably a size 20/22.

No doubt she WILL reach an 18 dress size very soon, within the next six months easily, but no - she certainly isnt an 18 at the moment.

Does Michelle claim this or is Heat Mag just making it up as they go along?

Either way, MM has done bloody well !!!
  • GuccinaraGuccinara Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is she the scottish one that won pop idol?

she does seem 2 have lost a lot of weight.

but size 18 she aint. unless her height is 4ft 3
  • thewisemanthewiseman Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    McManus is grossly overweight and nowhere near a size 18. She should be ashamed of herslef for lying. I imagine she lies to herslef about her calorie intake and excercise routine.

Fen Britton is not a size 16 eaither. Size 16 is the average UK dress size, and that woman is FAR larger than average.

These 2 are just as bad as someone (like Posh) claiming she has not had breast implants. They are lying to hide their insecurities and it is a sickening habit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewiseman wrote:
    McManus is grossly overweight and nowhere near a size 18. She should be ashamed of herslef for lying. I imagine she lies to herslef about her calorie intake and excercise routine.

Fen Britton is not a size 16 eaither. Size 16 is the average UK dress size, and that woman is FAR larger than average.

These 2 are just as bad as someone (like Posh) claiming she has not had breast implants. They are lying to hide their insecurities and it is a sickening habit.

So you think Posh should fess up about the boob implants?? Not that it matters, we all know she was lying... :D
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    So you think Posh should fess up about the boob implants?? Not that it matters, we all know she was lying... :D

If she is asked directly, "have you had a job done on your breasts" she should not lie and say no.

She is entitled to say "none of your business", but she should not tell porkies and say "no, they are natural"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewiseman wrote:
    If she is asked directly, "have you had a job done on your breasts" she should not lie and say no.

She is entitled to say "none of your business", but she should not tell porkies and say "no, they are natural"

She has told a big black lie though and denied it!
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    She has told a big black lie though and denied it!

I agree. She has lied through her (small) backside
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that she's doing that Kate Lawler diet - you know, the no exercise, eat like a horse one? - but whereas Kate looses weight :confused: and looks skinny, poor old Michelle has the same reaction as I do when I try it :)
  • gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some, like Dawn French go on about how happy they are being fat (what a load of rot), but absolutely refuse to say what dress size they are. I would imagine that DF is nearing the size when she will have to have all her clothes made for her, she is so over weight.