Options

Capaldi and Season,,,,

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
Forum Member
From 'Deep Breath' onwards have loved PC's Doctor, there have been many great performances and wonderful quotes.....and i was so looking forward to last night.....

Last week set up everything for a great finale.......but again in my opinion, last night was so very, very bad it left me feeling that if i never watched again it would be no great loss....

i won't say too much in case of anyone who hasn't seen it but even this morning i feel kind of the same way.....

Only my opinion, and i realise there have been dire episodes in previous seasons before, but for me after such a good season overall and thoroughly loving Capaldi.....i am so disappointed....

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    It has been a series of ups and downs, most downs coming from Moffats pen,but on the whole I loved it , it felt good again, and with such wonderful stories like flatline I felt it was mostly back on track again.

PC saves Moffats stories most of the time, he is so good that he can make any old rubbish seem great.

I really feel that it is time for Moffat to move on and perhaps just write every now and then, to keep it fresh it needs a new EP.
  • Options
    mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It has been a series of ups and downs, most downs coming from Moffats pen,but on the whole I loved it , it felt good again, and with such wonderful stories like flatline I felt it was mostly back on track again.

PC saves Moffats stories most of the time, he is so good that he can make any old rubbish seem great.

I really feel that it is time for Moffat to move on and perhaps just write every now and then, to keep it fresh it needs a new EP.

Really? The only real clunker was In the Forest of the Night. The most divisive episode was Kill the Moon - I loved it, as did many people, but there were significant numbers of people who hated it. But the four Moffat episodes - Deep Breath, Listen, Dark Water and Death in Heaven were generally received well, with Listen considered a classic.

As showrunner Moffat gets a lot of blame, some of it bang on, but some of it very unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    For me the only episode i wasn't overly fussed on until last night was 'Robots of Sherwood' but even then there were moments in that that i enjoyed, but overall i felt a bit 'so what' about it......but 'Kill The Moon' i enjoyed, 'Listen' was brilliant.....but last night for me was utterly underwhelming.....
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    Really? The only real clunker was In the Forest of the Night. The most divisive episode was Kill the Moon - I loved it, as did many people, but there were significant numbers of people who hated it. But the four Moffat episodes - Deep Breath, Listen, Dark Water and Death in Heaven were generally received well, with Listen considered a classic.

As showrunner Moffat gets a lot of blame, some of it bang on, but some of it very unfair.

Not full episodes, just some of the directions he goes in, for me anyway, sometimes stinks.