Colouring black hair

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi I was wandering if anyone has coloured their hair from black to lighter and if so what process did you have to go through? My hair is really dark brown, practically black https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2030234247/P2020001.jpg . I want to get it to a colour similar to this one . I wont do it myself at home, I'll go to a salon but cause my hairs so dark it wouldnt be straightforward and just putting a colour on would it? Would I have to have it lightened/bleached? How long would the process take?

Thanks if anyone can help :)

Comments

• pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi the colour you want it is probably not that much lighter than your natural colour, so when you go to the hairdressers they will probably mix a tube of colour with 6% peroxide.you will need the peroxide to lighten it. but don't worry 6% is only very mild and won't damage your hair. its will probably take about 10 mins to apply it to the hair then they will leave it on for about 30 mins then wash it off. hope this helps.:)
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have black hair and in my early 20's I used to dye it chocolate colour or cherry chocolate with Loreal Feria and then use Jerome Russel b Blonde to put blonde streaks in it.
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    SophStar wrote: »
    Hi I was wandering if anyone has coloured their hair from black to lighter and if so what process did you have to go through? My hair is really dark brown, practically black https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2030234247/P2020001.jpg . I want to get it to a colour similar to this one . I wont do it myself at home, I'll go to a salon but cause my hairs so dark it wouldnt be straightforward and just putting a colour on would it? Would I have to have it lightened/bleached? How long would the process take?

Thanks if anyone can help :)

My advice as a trained hairdresser...is don't ever put bleach on a beautiful hair like yours.:) It will ruin it I promise you.

You can go from a natural black to brown its not that difficult in salons they use special colour that doesn't need bleaching its only when its Coloured black that then you need bleach in order to go much light. Just ask for Quasi colour not permanent its much kinder to hair and it lasts about two months.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Yip when I got my highlights done, they didn't bleach it, I didn't ask what they used though, but you can get caramel/brown hair without bleach :-)