Options

Armour - Cannes winner, out on Friday..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
This is really something special this film. Never seen anything like it, it deals with such a terrible subject matter but remains refined and purposeful.

I saw a BFI screening of it on Monday, my blog post here (no spoilers though don't worry)

http://www.thisisafilmblog.com/armour-2012/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    I think you mean Amour...
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Huge fan of Haneke and very much looking forward to this.
  • Options
    finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've hated everything i've seen from Haneke but i'm actually looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echoes for me of Hiroshima Mon Amour, the same actress was in that, 53 years earlier, also won a prize at Cannes. Emmanuelle Riva.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    My grandparents are getting very old and frail and probably haven't that much long to live - so although I want to see this movie, its probably going to be pretty tough for me, as will likely really hit home. Its a fascinating topic though which so many people can relate to, so its surprising it hasn't been covered more.

I have been a bit mixed on Haneke in the past, I really liked the White Ribbon, but some of his other stuff is as many other reviewers say - just Haneke telling the viewers off.
  • Options
    Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to go into see it and as much as I love Haneke, you really need to be in the right frame of mind to see it. I am not.
  • Options
    Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! New favourite Haneke film.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the easiest film to watch for Haneke's work (compared to some of his earlier works which I have no idea what he's trying to say at all). I quite like the ending and the pace of the film