Another nutter writing for DM...Katie Hopkins

Comments

• user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Sometimes the problems are more obvious in the poor than the rich. Sometimes middle class marriages appear to be good with nice well dress, attentive children but something is wrong.
    Sometimes that middle class parent can have a side to her that is nasty to other children...I can understand protective parents, however that little girls is very nice and may find she is being excluded from the homes of all her friends, it will further damage her self esteem.
    Katie Hopkins is discourging friendships even in the classroom and based on a child's name and clothes. Whether they had an iPad and work well in school. I am pretty sure that "state primary school" is a well sort after, very middle class school.
    Katie might get a shock to the system when she sends her kids to a private school, only to find out that certain parents there don't approve of her state educated children, whether or not it was a well sought after school.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this lady on this morning, when the poll went against her, insulted the other lady seated beside her, called Eamon H stupid and was generally obnoxious.No self awareness.
    I think the answer is somewhere in between her views and a laissez faire attitude. If a child is very badly behaved and aggressive, of course you would advise your kids against them, but I think most kids avoid these types anyway.

I would not judge a kid on their name or their parents but on they themselves.as individuals. if I knew a kid was deprived and suffering and there were drugs in the home and alcohol, I would contact my local Health authority or ISPCC. to give some support. I would have no problem with my kids befriending the child, it would teach them compassion and kindness.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the parents were rich and successful it would make no difference, who would send their kid into such an enviornment!!

Rich, successful people are often better at hiding their problems and putting a face on things. One might never know if rich parents had drug or alcohol problems and your child could befriend theirs never realising there were problems in the home.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie might get a shock to the system when she sends her kids to a private school, only to find out that certain parents there don't approve of her state educated children, whether or not it was a well sought after school.

And some of the kids at private school have parents like Katie Price or Kerry Katona....or have so much money that the academic achievement of their children doesn't matter to them either. The boys that go to Eton don't seem to be especially bright or well accomplished as grown men, they are just a network for advancement .
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Image the horse faced bints horror when her daughter brings home her new best friend who lives in a mansion and goes to a posh private school and the mother turns out to be that well known bastion of class, Kerry Katona!
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what she said was to the extreme but i think good parents do place a judgement on their kids friends, If i am not happy with a childs home enviornment i would NOT allow my child into that enviornment. A girl in my daughters class was very very poor, her mother usually "out of it", the guy!!! (not the kids father) was a case and a half and NEVER on the months of Sundays would i have allowed my child into that situation. I would not have said she couldnt be friends with her at school but thats where it would end.

Whilst I wouldn't allow my children in their house, had that been a friend of one of my children, I'd have happily invited her into my home. If the child was very, very poor and had an awful home life, my maternal instincts would be to show a bit of empathy, not exclude her.

I never judge my childrens' friends by their parents - if you are a friend of my children, you are welcome in my house.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Image the horse faced bints horror when her daughter brings home her new best friend who lives in a mansion and goes to a posh private school and the mother turns out to be that well known bastion of class, Kerry Katona!

She'd probably like that - a bit more fame to cling onto!
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    She'd probably like that - a bit more fame to cling onto!

Kerry's daughter Molly has a scholarship to a posh school because apparently she is very bright.

I am glad for the kid that she has a chance, despite the atrocious Mum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Whilst I wouldn't allow my children in their house, had that been a friend of one of my children, I'd have happily invited her into my home. If the child was very, very poor and had an awful home life, my maternal instincts would be to show a bit of empathy, not exclude her.

I never judge my childrens' friends by their parents - if you are a friend of my children, you are welcome in my house.

You're an awesome mom and I bet your kids turn out to be thoughtful, charitable and kind.
    I've met and worked some people with incredible pedigree including a dude who is a KBE. They were genuinely lovely people. All of the posh people I know are confident and secure of their position in life and wouldn't dream of behaving like this Katie Hopkins creature. My son has had friends whose parents wouldn't be my choice of friends, but the kids were great. I feel sorry for Katie Hopkins' kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an entertaining, intelligent woman. I would love to see her on Celebrity Big Brother. However I think if she went on the highlights of her would be boring. But you would get some intriguing conversations from her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always amazed, maybe I shouldn't be, that people like her get so much air time, I guess it's down to lazy journalism and an easy life for TV bookers who employ the rent a quote mob.
    She in particular is one of those people who claim to be business gurus but her main business seems to be selling herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Did you watch Derek last night. The end line really sums up Katie Hopkins.

"She always was a c**t"

Perfect summing up of her.

LOL That's true. Awful, awful woman. Just vile.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    All of the posh people I know are confident and secure of their position in life and wouldn't dream of behaving like this Katie Hopkins creature. My son has had friends whose parents wouldn't be my choice of friends, but the kids were great. I feel sorry for Katie Hopkins' kids.
    You make a good point with the word 'secure'. Perhaps despite her children's benefits in life (nice home - obviously pots of money) Katie isn't so secure in her belief in her own children's 'cleverness' believing that they can 'catch' it from other people.

How awful for her kids - to have a mother who thinks you're a bit dim.

With regard to an earlier comment on Kerry Katona's child getting a scholarship to a posh school. Good on her - BUT I'm always quite angry when I read of kids from homes that CAN afford a private education (and Kerry Katona CAN afford it despite her protestations of poverty) who then go on to win something like a scholarship - which is supposed to benefit those bright children whose parents couldn't in a million years afford to buy them. I'm speaking from someone I know. Years ago I worked at a company when we got a new Director of Education. He was on over £80K a year then (I'm talking 25 years ago) had a home in London and a holiday home in the Highlands. The first thing he did when he was introduced to us was to brag about how his son had won a scholarship to a posh school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The pics were from an article she did last year - 'My nanny's pregnant and I'm not pleased', so they won't have changed that much and presumably people will still know whose kids they are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165804/My-nanny-s-pregnant-I-m-far-happy.html

She's an arrogant, nasty piece of work.
    This whole character irritates me. I love strong women: Caitlin Moran, for example. But Katie Hopkins is a shallow, snobby bitch! And to say that she needs to behave like a man in business to succeed? Possibly one of the most annoying traits of anti-feminism.
    Eurgh. What a piece of work.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole character irritates me. I love strong women: Caitlin Moran, for example. But Katie Hopkins is a shallow, snobby bitch! And to say that she needs to behave like a man in business to succeed? Possibly one of the most annoying traits of anti-feminism.
    Eurgh. What a piece of work.

I agree. She's the worst type of female manager. She thinks you can only get on by being a backstabbing bitch or acting like a man. Although it appears she isn't adverse to sh*gging her way to a promotion.

Women like her give career girls a bad name. Her type will stab anyone in the back to climb the ladder and then do all they can to stop other women succeeding. Michelle Mone had her number on You're Fired and she didn't like it at all. Real top businesswoman like to encourage and nurture others, not crush them.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    I'm always amazed, maybe I shouldn't be, that people like her get so much air time, I guess it's down to lazy journalism and an easy life for TV bookers who employ the rent a quote mob.
    She in particular is one of those people who claim to be business gurus but her main business seems to be selling herself.

She's a professional troll like Samantha Brick, simply a conduit to get the DM website hits up.

She's a bit like Katie Price - will do anything for attention and spouts any old twaddle to get her repulsive mug some airtime.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking about in regards to this story and that horrid woman. :D
    (There's a few with that character. Getting lost in the car in East London is a good one!)
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel really sorry for her children. Exposing them like this in the national press to get herself a few column inches and raise her profile, because that's the sole purpose of this "article". I doubt Hopkins believes anything she writes or says, she's only interested in the impact it makes. As others have said, a professional troll.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    What a horrible, judgemental and snobbish article. I couldn't even really take it seriously though. It seemed rather desperate to shock. Nobody could ever write such tripe and actually believe in it surely?

She's committed one of the ultimate social faux pas - slagging off the people she has to see every morning at the school gate... oh wait, that shouldn't really be a problem for her. She only slags off the late mums and their children! :rolleyes:

Encouraging your child to do well in education by placing them certain schools and organising extra lessons is all fine and good - but whilst they may be flourishing academically, they'll probably end up being socially ''slow'' all because they didn't know how to embrace different walks of life.

I smell a massive rebellion from children like these in years to come. Let's be honest, it's always much more gratifying when the snobs trip up. ;)
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! I think this article shows her to be a bit psychotic tbh. With her attitude, her children are not going to learn what tolerance, compassion and kindness are, it's more likely they'll be fixated on their social status, money and judging others by their outward appearances. It's also more likely that they'll grow up to be cardboard cutouts of this woman's judgemental, shallow self. If I cared enough, those would not be the type of people I'd like mixing with my child.

However, I don't actually care which children my son chooses to play with because I have absolute faith in him and his abilities, something maybe this mad women ought to try having herself for her children. Social status should not matter at all, but the emotional well being and happiness of the child should always be of paramount importance.

I do hope Charmaine's mum (if they even exist) can rise above this silly womans actions and come out of it the better person. I'd find it very difficult not to find her at the school gates and give her what for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. She's the worst type of female manager. She thinks you can only get on by being a backstabbing bitch or acting like a man. Although it appears she isn't adverse to sh*gging her way to a promotion.

Women like her give career girls a bad name. Her type will stab anyone in the back to climb the ladder and then do all they can to stop other women succeeding. Michelle Mone had her number on You're Fired and she didn't like it at all. Real top businesswoman like to encourage and nurture others, not crush them.

I thought it would be rude not to reply to your reply, but I can't say any more than I agree with your post wholeheartedly :p
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's at it again today running down her husband. He was good enough when she sh*gged him in a field for the paps, but now.....Complete bitch. :mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2289255/Katie-Hopkins-admits--I-love-husband--respect-Dont-make-laugh.html
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's at it again today running down her husband. He was good enough when she sh*gged him in a field for the paps, but now.....Complete bitch. :mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2289255/Katie-Hopkins-admits--I-love-husband--respect-Dont-make-laugh.html

It's a rare person that doesn't have a single redeeming quality, but Katie Hopkins is that rare person.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a rare person that doesn't have a single redeeming quality, but Katie Hopkins is that rare person.
    I agree. I normally take the DM's "columnists" with a pinch of salt and women like Samantha Brick do provide the lol's but Katie is simply despicable.