What's your gas bill for Jan to April?

manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ours is £288 and I think that's high but it's right, had the central heating on a lot when it's been cold. Electric is £179. Anyone got quarterly ones higher?

Comments

• Ron_JRon_J Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't send my meter readings when they asked (as I always never do) and was billed an estimated £236 for my house for the quarter, with just myself living here. When I did eventually submit my meter readings the other week, it turns out I had used £41 of gas. So there you go.
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours is £288 and I think that's high but it's right, had the central heating on a lot when it's been cold. Electric is £179. Anyone got quarterly ones higher?

Mine was 325.00. The one before that was 363.00 - I nearly had a heart attack - they have never been anywhere near that high before. Electric was ok at ninety something.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ron_J wrote: »
    I didn't send my meter readings when they asked (as I always never do) and was billed an estimated £236 for my house for the quarter, with just myself living here. When I did eventually submit my meter readings the other week, it turns out I had used £41 of gas. So there you go.

I submitted my readings two weeks ago yet the meter reader came last week. He was annoyed, says they never let them know. They've only to see the meter annually by law and he read it last quarter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    Mine was 325.00. The one before that was 363.00 - I nearly had a heart attack - they have never been anywhere near that high before. Electric was ok at ninety something.

Are they estimated or actual readings? The prices have gone up and we had a cold spell.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I don't have gas, but if we're including electric bills, mine was £132 for that quarter, but for most of that time I had switched my single storage heater off after discovering it was costing almost £2 a night to run.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours was £450 and we don't even use gas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they estimated or actual readings? The prices have gone up and we had a cold spell.

The last one was a reading, the one before was estimated I think. But estimated or real - I have never had a bill that high before. I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my meter.

I can't believe the price rises have made that much difference. If they have - I am going to have to economise more - I think the price of gas is a total rip off.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was just over £150 which is a lot for us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one was a reading, the one before was estimated I think. But estimated or real - I have never had a bill that high before. I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my meter.

I can't believe the price rises have made that much difference. If they have - I am going to have to economise more - I think the price of gas is a total rip off.

I know ours are right as the Oct. to Jan gas was £220. Just we've never had as high as these before. Prices should be capped now as it's ridiculous. Even if you try to use the same or less, with rising tariffs we're still paying more.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I dread to think what mine is going to be,:eek: the meter reader came out today. I've had my heating on a lot over the winter, can't stand to be cold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can have a test meter but I think they charge you £50 if no fault is found on yours. So it's a gamble.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably £42 quid if i've stuck to my budget ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know ours are right as the Oct. to Jan gas was £220. Just we've never had as high as these before. Prices should be capped now as it's ridiculous. Even if you try to use the same or less, with rising tariffs we're still paying more.

It's quite scary - I don't live in a large house - there really is no explanation for such a high bill. I agree prices should be capped - my monthy direct debit is getting ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can have a test meter but I think they charge you £50 if no fault is found on yours. So it's a gamble.

Oh cripes - more expense. I don't know - I will have to give it some thought.
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90 quid.

For a single person one bedroom flat.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine (for both gas and electricity) for the three months was £365.88 including the last gas bill being £115.78. The electricity bill in the same period was only £35.80. The gas bill for that amount covered the period 07/03/13 to 10/04/13, a period of very cold weather. Unfortunately my house is hard to heat during cold weather and for a large part of that month I had the heating on for some considerable time, including for one week where it was on almost all the time...
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We pay monthly and have a bill every 6 months for gas and electric
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ours was £300+...:eek:
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably £42 quid if i've stuck to my budget ..

Good on you if you've managed to keep it that low. :)

Our bill for the summer months is usually less than £50 - that one is the only bill I don't mind getting. :D
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £174 I don't have gas.

I know this is too low though, I've had the storage heaters on and even had to top up with convection heaters this winter. But I pay monthly and am pretty sure that once the heating's off it'll even out a bit.

I don't even use the hot water - it's a huge immersion tank and a neighbour told me it was really expensive to run.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i pay monthly, got an estimate saying i owed £20 i though oh that cant be right dont want a huge bill down the line phoned with a reading and they owed me £40 :D cant believe it
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    People should stop moaning and just appreciate the joy of having privatised utilities...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I'm starting to think we might need to get our system checked. Ours was £600 this quarter and for the same quarter last year it was £900!!!! (Large 3 bedroom terrace, gsh, open fire places and gas hob)
  • ShearwaterShearwater Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Don't have the option of gas, so can't get the benefit of combined gas & electric bills.

Used 1000 litres of heating oil in that time - £702!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think we,re moaning its good to share and see what we all pay