Options

Rhona Emmerdale

spudatospudato Posts: 1,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am i alone in thinking Rhona is a right cow,it seems she is all me me me.

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I don't think she is. It's an awful decision for her to make, and she's just being really honest and knows that she couldn't cope. I don't see Marlon offering to take full responsibility of the child. I think her and Paddy are great together.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think she is being a cow but i cant stand the character or how the actress plays her.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she is being selfish. She is being realistic and it would be such a difficult thing to even contemplate!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    i think its awful whats happening :( feel so bad for her, its a very difficalt situation. but i dont think she'llgo through with the abortion.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nattyx wrote: »
    i think its awful whats happening :( feel so bad for her, its a very difficalt situation. but i dont think she'llgo through with the abortion.

I agree with you, I think she'll keep the baby. But I like the way their doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt just mean about the baby,the whole Paddy Marlon thing,one minute she wants one then the other but still doesnt seem satisfied.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rhona. She's definetly one of my favourite soap characters at the moment. We've grown to like her and she's been a nice person, but we've slowly become aware of her flaws as she's chosen between Paddy and Marlon and now she must make such a hard decision :( I sympathise with her. I think she's being very brave.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    spudato wrote: »

I don't think she is. It is a great responsibilty looking after a child with disabilities. It is not easy. I have a friend who knows somebody with downs.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Didnt just mean about the baby,the whole Paddy Marlon thing,one minute she wants one then the other but still doesnt seem satisfied.

It wasn't "one minute". The feelings for Paddy developed over time. She ended it with Marlon prior to even telling Paddy so there was no cheating involved.

Marlon didn't want anything to do with the baby until now and he didn't even go to the scan. He has no say over a decision like this IMO. Rhona should do what she wants to do.
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    My sister has a notion Rhona is going to turn out to be a nutter (there have been clues to her character along the way as have been eluded to in this thread) and eventually Paddy and Marlon will be reunited once it comes to a head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    This has been a great storyline wasted on Rhona. The actress isn’t good enough to be act such emotional scenes; she is barely good enough for those crappy scenes with Marlon and Paddy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blimey i was beginning to think i was alone,but i see one or two do agree wiih me.:D
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey i was beginning to think i was alone,but i see one or two do agree wiih me.:D

Count me in as well she drives me mad. Fed up with her miserable face and the woe is me routine.
  • Options
    JustJanetnoJohnJustJanetnoJohn Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Don't think Rhona is being a right cow but last night wanted to punch Paddy for the way he treating Marlon, whose baby is it? Well done again emmerdale for the good acting, shame my husband thought I was right Doris for crying into my tomato cup of soup.:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Until men have babies, woman have the ultimate decision whether to carry or terminate a baby.

I feel she is playing the part well. She wanted the baby but is being realistic about the extra work a Downs involves. I am sure Marlon and Paddy would help but women tend to end up doing most of the everyday chores involved with looking after a child, Downs or not.

If I had been in the same position as her, I would have terminated the baby too.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had been in the same position as her, I would have terminated the baby too.
    She hasn't actually terminated the baby yet!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    She decides next week to keep the baby after speaking to Hazel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I like Rhona :) Thought it was weird how quickly she came to her decision of having an abortion but i think that was a rash decision and i can see her keeping the little un.

Completely unrelated, but the actress who plays her has the most stunning eyes. :)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe Rhona first appeared in 2001 :o
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    My sister has a notion Rhona is going to turn out to be a nutter (there have been clues to her character along the way as have been eluded to in this thread) and eventually Paddy and Marlon will be reunited once it comes to a head.

The actress who plays her was a nutter in Coronation St not so long ago, wasn't she?
    Maybe she's the go to actress in the North of England when nutters are required. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her either.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Rhona's decision, although parents with disabled children will obviously disagree, however I can't see them letting her go through with it because it isn't P.C.
  • Options
    sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think she is well acted - and Paddy absolutely brilliant! (on a par with the legend Roy Cropper).
    But as for that jerk who plays Marlon, well his terrible acting makes me cringe so much I now either hop channels when he comes on or switch the screen to something else and just listen to it (at least that halves the pain). I'd so love him to be written out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in situations like this, the mother-to-be is allowed to be slightly selfish as the majority of the work will be down to her.
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    what happened to my post about rhona yesterday?
    Have the digital spy stormtroopers been overworking again?