Options

Lawless - Possible Spoilers

ritchritch Posts: 2,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was pretty disappointed. The first thing that stuck me was that Shia LaBeouf narrated, never a good thing. The whole film seemed empty and pointless, I found myself getting pretty bored waiting for it to start, an hour in I wondered if there would be enough time for something actually interesting to happen.

I was looking forward to seeing Tom Hardy in this, although he was good he didn't really do much other than making comical grumbling noises. Gary Oldman was just shoehorned in, seemed almost pointless really, his character really had next to no purpose other than offering a quick appearance, I find pointless cameos irritating. LaBeouf was predictably annoying and had way too much screen time, his best scene was when he got the crap kicked out of him. Guy Pierce as the villain was too cartoon like, could have been an interesting character but I struggled to take him seriously after a while.

Strange that it ended up like that, especially with the talent involved, maybe I missed the point. I might put myself through another viewing one day.

Comments