If you knew a policeman who smoked cannabis...

Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would you report him? Or would it not bother you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah would leave him to it, I would think he is at threat from random tests anyway.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member

Depends. If he's about to go on duty well, yes of course.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless he was smoking a joint on the job.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Depends. If he's about to go on duty well, yes of course.

Just in his/her own social time.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I wouldn't, but it would annoy me.
  • McKittrickMcKittrick Posts: 96
    Forum Member

I would assume the person who knew of his extra-curricular activities would also have a vested interest in his habit, making it unwise for him to say anything.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would report him/her....still breaking the law and the cops should not be above the law...
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not my business.

If I happened to have any dealings with one on duty who appeared off their face, then yes I would report it.
  • Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd report him to his colleague 'PC Pea' :)
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet there's plenty that do.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't care whatsoever unless the smoking weed that they have confiscated from someone!
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might. Not because I particularly care that he's having a joint, but becasue next week he'll be out arresting some poor sap, locking him up and charging him with possession for doing the same thing.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    No, I wouldn't give a monkeys, it's a ridiculous law anyway:)
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if he was off his face and ignoring a crime or something. Otherwise no, if someone wants to risk their own career it's none of my business!
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I know of such a one, and no I wouldn't report him.
    Forum Member
    fink wrote: »
    I might. Not because I particularly care that he's having a joint, but becasue next week he'll be out arresting some poor sap, locking him up and charging him with possession for doing the same thing.

Actually most policemen just give an informal warning for that kind of thing, this is a tacit acknowledgement of the fact that they have far more valuable things they can be spending their time on. The exception to that is where they are arresting someone for something else anyway, then it often gets included in the charges.
    Forum Member
    fink wrote: »

yep, and bribing him for priveleges inside.
    Forum Member
    McKittrick wrote: »
    yep, and bribing him for priveleges inside.

LOL you've been watching too much TV:D
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    ?
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Actually most policemen just give an informal warning for that kind of thing, this is a tacit acknowledgement of the fact that they have far more valuable things they can be spending their time on. The exception to that is where they are arresting someone for something else anyway, then it often gets included in the charges.

Yep. I wouldn't. Back in the day I knew of policemen, teachers and nurses who enjoyed a joint at the weekends.
    Forum Member
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    LOL you've been watching too much TV:D

Nope, some people wanted to join the navy, some the army, some to be a vet, some to be a park ranger. I wanted to join the force, but never followed my potential
    Forum Member
    McKittrick wrote: »
    Nope, some people wanted to join the navy, some the army, some to be a vet, some to be a park ranger. I wanted to join the force, but never followed my potential

okaaay, is that because you couldn't get your head round the basics of bribery?? Not sure of the relevance of your comment tbh:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, it's up to them what they do. Like someone said before, it's a stupid law. :D
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't, but I'm not an interfering busy-body or a grass.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't need to, the random testing will get them in the end! I personally know two police officers who have fallen foul of this, and they took 3 other police officers and two SOCOs with them. One of them was even rearrested for supplying when they checked his confiscated mobile and found texts telling his other colleagues that he'll 'get the stuff for the weekend'!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but think of BBC's Ideal :)