Options

Danielle's Reported Homophobic Twitter Comments *Sensible Discussion Only Please*

Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just been reading through a thread about a claim made by Pink News, that Danielle had made repeated homophobic comments on her twitter page, which soon lead to heated debate and the thread's removal.

Amongst the back and forth I was surprised to see that no-one had questioned the validity of the source (Pink News), and had assumed that they had reported accuractly. Surprised because, well, Pink News said the quotes they gave were "sent from what appears to be McMahon’s Twitter account last year". (my italics). Also, they didn't provide a link to the twitter site for people to verify the claims. Nor did they provide screen shots, nor even dates for the offending tweets.

Here is the Pink News article: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/06/10/big-brothers-catholic-topless-model-shoot-poofs-that-use-words-like-lush/

And here is what appears to me to be Danielle's twitter account (it's also the one linked on the official BB site): https://twitter.com/classicfox

Now, I may have missed the tweets in question (and if I have then fair enough, it's an honest mistake on my part), but none of them appear to be on her site as linked above. There is one tweet which mentions the word 'poof', although it's clearly in relation to heterosexual men she feels aren't good enough for women.

It is possible that they have been deleted, although that still begs the questions as to why the comment I've referred to above is still there (it's the very first comment on her account), and why a screenshot wasn't provided if Pink News were aware of them being deleted.

I'll say at this point that, regardless of whether these tweets exist or not, I'm not a fan of Danielle as a person (far too conservative and judgmental for my liking), but, can someone clear this particular issue up and find these tweets?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting. The linkage to Danielle is far too vague for me. I would not approve of a witch hunt. I find it off-putting when posters foam at the mouth.
    But from what I have seen, I would not be sorry if she goes early.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it unlikely that hers would be a feed monitored in the past for deleted tweets.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has said numerous times in the house that she has nothing against gay people, except her religion dictates that marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman. She doesn't appear to have any problems talking to, and getting along with the guy from liverpool. So certainly at face value I see no reason to slap the homophobe label on her.

As for the tweets in the article above, if proven to be true then it could be damning evidence. Innocent until proven guilty I suppose?
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    :D @ *Sensible Discussion Only Please* :D

You know this is the DS BB forum right? :cool:
  • Options
    BrightonBearBrightonBear Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Here's one of her tweets

https://twitter.com/hashtag/stepouttheclosetufreak?src=hash

As you can see it uses the homophobic "Poof" term
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I do not think the word 'Poof' denotes someone being Gay, but more that the person is effeminate.

I have only heard it used in recent times towards hetrosexual men as a diss to their masculinity.
  • Options
    storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I do not think the word 'Poof' denotes someone being Gay, but more that the person is effeminate.

I have only heard it used in recent times towards hetrosexual men as a diss to their masculinity.

Doesn't really matter what it denotes. There are certain words you just don't use - n***er, p**ki etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has said numerous times in the house that she has nothing against gay people, except her religion dictates that marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman. She doesn't appear to have any problems talking to, and getting along with the guy from liverpool. So certainly at face value I see no reason to slap the homophobe label on her.

As for the tweets in the article above, if proven to be true then it could be damning evidence. Innocent until proven guilty I suppose?

Without a doubt, which is why I'm wary about the fact that Pink News seem to have been so casual in their reporting here. As I've said, no links, no dates, and no screenshots - just a claim which doesn't seem to be backed up with evidence.
    AOTB wrote: »
    :D @ *Sensible Discussion Only Please* :D

You know this is the DS BB forum right? :cool:

The mods took the last thread on this out the back for a good kicking, so I'm hoping my more rational approach might curb their feral instincts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She likes using that term "poof" a lot doesn't she

Another

https://twitter.com/hashtag/manupyoucreep?src=hash
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without a doubt, which is why I'm wary about the fact that Pink News seem to have been so casual in their reporting here. As I've said, no links, no dates, and no screenshots - just a claim which doesn't seem to be backed up with evidence.

The mods took the last thread on this out the back for a good kicking, so I'm hoping my more rational approach might curb their feral instincts.

The screenshots have been posted above.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But she also has a hashtag saying: "Step out the closet you freak".

I've liked Danielle and have been giving her the benefit of the doubt, but these tweets don't sound great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    storm818 wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter what it denotes. There are certain words you just don't use - n***er, p**ki etc

It does matter what it denotes.

My wifes aunt is called Pacqui. am I racist every time I mention her name?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's one of her tweets

Fair enough, that seems to seal the deal. I've noticed that her tweets there date back to before her account starts when I view it (29th April 13 is the earliest tweet I can see) , which is why I couldn't see them. Why would that be?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Not sure poof is on the same level as them.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Here's one of her tweets

I thought using "poof" as an offensive term went out with the ark? But words aside, it gives the impression that she was being deliberately nasty and stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Loathing of other people = Loathing of oneself

It really is as simple as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does matter what it denotes.

My wifes aunt is called Pacqui. am I racist every time I mention her name?

Think about what you just said and try again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter has deleted it but he had a screenshot yesterday of her tweet saying

some men act so gay it creeps me out #manupyoutool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not homosexual but if I was and I heard someone using that terms as a derogatory reference or as a "joke" I would be pretty offended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The term 'Poof might be a bit outdated now but it is a term that a lot of gay people grew up being called in playgrounds.

Its a word that brings back painful memories to people like myself
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Boofie wrote: »
    Dexter has deleted it but he had a screenshot yesterday of her tweet saying

some men act so gay it creeps me out #manupyoutool

Anyone else see any irony here :cool: and snigger just a bit :blush:
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not homosexual but if I was and I heard someone using that terms as a derogatory reference or as a "joke" I would be pretty offended.

I have been called it loads of times and I am not Gay, and was not offended.

However if someone called me the C Word then I would be extremely offended, and that word is banded about quite freely nowadays.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been called it loads of times and I am not Gay, and was not offended.

Um, ok. What does that have to do with someone who is actually gay being offended by it?