How brave are you?

ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How brave are you?

Some of us are braver than others, our definitions of feeling safe vary, how does it affect you?

Would you ride the worst biggest roller coaster?
I would, I imagine most would.

Would you do a skydive?
I would, probably, however I imagine only around half the adult population would.

Would you dive with sharks?
I possibly would, if I was caged, I think more than half would.

Would you allow someone to shoot a bullet at you if you were wearing a bullet proof jacket?
I wouldn't, even though I do believe bullet-proof jackets are safe, my fear would take over?

What about letting an attack dog chase you when you were wearing one of those arm protector thingys. Again, I wouldn't allow it.

Comments

• agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I'm not very brave...especially when it comes to sharks...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I thought I was but then I read your post OP!

Depends on what was thrown at me. Heights okay. Small places okay. Surgery petrified. Water/boats petrified. Dangerous animals okay. Flying not a fan.

:)
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i_l_yx wrote: »
    I thought I was but then I read your post OP!

Depends on what was thrown at me. Heights okay. Small places okay. Surgery petrified. Water/boats petrified. Dangerous animals okay. Flying not a fan.

:)

Oh yeah I'm scared of surgery too, actually anything medical! I'm not scared of needles, but I am scared of injections, the thought of some strange drug entering my blood system and doing things to me freaks me out.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think being brave comes down to how determined you are to overcome something. I think it also depends on how much aggression you can summon up to overcome your fear of something.....and to succeed at it. Some people don't have that aggression in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rollercoaster - yes
    skydive - def yes
    sharks- hell no ...maybe if i was in a cage
    bullet - no way no how
    attack dog - only if the protective arm thing was a full body suit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brave to me is not measured by what exciting things that have some illusion of danger, you would choose to do for kicks.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am generally a big jessie (yeah i said it :)), but rollercoasters don't bother me and i'd certainly love to give skydiving a go.

If we're talking bravery, is this brave or stupid ?

3 minutes, 8 seconds out of your day :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0V7xv9qu0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    rollercoaster - yes
    skydive - def yes
    sharks- hell no ...maybe if i was in a cage
    bullet - no way no how
    attack dog - only if the protective arm thing was a full body suit

I think the best uses for being brave would be situations where nothing will happen if you go through with something, but you just fear it.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd probably only do the shark and dog one.

I really dont do heighrs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am generally a big jessie (yeah i said it :)), but rollercoasters don't bother me and i'd certainly love to give skydiving a go.

I don't know how bad the pain is, but quite a few people out there tend to be drama queens when dealing with pain. In otherwords, some are more vocal about the pain they're in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I think were all brave in different ways.When it comes to horror movies,heights,spiders,the dark and fairground rides im the biggest baby ever.If it is about pain,im not too bad.Like giving birth,its horrendous but I didn't cry just swore and shouted,so don't know if that makes me brave
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would poo in a bear's woods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'd try anything like roller coasters, skydives etc. I have a high pain threshold, horror films don't scare me (some are a bit gratuitous and they're boring but not scary). I'd let a professional shoot at me because that's just following safety. Shark dive, meh if I was accompanied with a professional and in a tank, maybe. Attack dogs...probably not, only because with a human you can say "no thanks, it's hurting me" a dog doesn't understand.

I hate insects with a passion though, if it has more than four legs, it is not coming within ten feet of me. I will cry.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would do everything in the first post. I can't put eye drops in my eye and i would run half a mile naked if I thought a spider was on me though
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife and I skydived from 15,000ft for a joint 60th birthday prezzie :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I skydived from 15,000ft for a joint 60th birthday prezzie :)

:p That's nothing, I fell out of an army helicopter. *folds arms and nods*

(in an air museum... on the ground. Misjudged the step because of my new glasses. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. I'm not clumsy. )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so brave i've just got back home to see a giant alien godzilla death spider on the wall right outside my front door so i almost flattened myself against the opposite wall to try and sneak indoors without disturbing it, which i did.

i was tempted to go out and attack it with a double shot of RAID but it's that big, it might just use the spray to comb it's hair ..
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How brave are you?

Some of us are braver than others, our definitions of feeling safe vary, how does it affect you?

Would you do a skydive?
    I would, probably, however I imagine only around half the adult population would.

Would you allow someone to shoot a bullet at you if you were wearing a bullet proof jacket?
    I wouldn't, even though I do believe bullet-proof jackets are safe, my fear would take over?

What about letting an attack dog chase you when you were wearing one of those arm protector thingys. Again, I wouldn't allow it.

no, I wouldn't do any of those.........:o
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It dependes upon the interpretation of "brave".

I am brave enough to stand up for my opinions and beliefs but terrified of walking across a high bridge.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How brave are you?

Would you do a skydive?

No, don't like roller coasters, and never have.

No, not that keen on heights, especially when I'm falling from a great one.

No, can't swim.

No, it might not work.

No, don't like dogs.

Apart from that I'm quite fearless. :D
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im stupid enough to chase shopliters, not brave enough to change my sex..
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Phaa, that is nothing. Try doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLmabaalX48
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite brave today going into Hackey Tesco.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phaa, that is nothing. Try doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLmabaalX48

yeah i'd piss that ..

(i really wouldn't. i'd likely piss myself before anything :))
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I was quite brave today going into Hackey Tesco.

Are you scared of hipsters?