Rudolph walkers acting

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Wow... What a brilliant actor! I hope he is rewarded for this, he's an absolute star on EastEnders, I'm no expert but he has portrayed a stroke very well!

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's great to see him shine in this storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been deserving of great material for ages.
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Agreed ........ he's been superb. Glad that the character/actor has had a big storyline. Rudolph Walker's talents have been under utilised for awhile.

I think all the older members of the cast have all been better catered for with regard to storylines and screen time under DTC which I am very pleased about. A lot of my favourite characters/ actors are from the older generation.
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    It's a sensational performance. He has transformed, and I can't really remember when a soap has portrayed something like this in such graphic detail. A great move from DTC.

Rudolph Walker proves he is one of the show's top actors.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree - over the last few weeks Rudolph has been mumbling his lines.

I can hardly understand a word he is saying. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Foolish person, go to bed.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Wow... What a brilliant actor! I hope he is rewarded for this, he's an absolute star on EastEnders, I'm no expert but he has portrayed a stroke very well!

As all strokes are a bit different, it's not that difficult.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is doing a great job, love him, love the character.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    He's incredible.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    RW is really excelling in this story-line and I think EastEnders are portraying the aftermath of his stroke really well, so far.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. He's been really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    He's always been a favourite character of mine so I'm glad to see he is being used well.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's great I agree!
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a tremendous actor i also love the part he plays in one of my favourite film. I still cant believe how realistic he made the stroke look
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I always liked Rudolph its good to see him get a decent story, voted him for best actor at inside soap awards
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a tremendous actor i also love the part he plays in one of my favourite film. I still cant believe how realistic he made the stroke look

So glad that Rudolph has been given a big storyline- Patrick deserves to be at the forefront of the show.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patrick played Denise's dad in Lovejoy.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,181
    Forum Member

I am sorry Keyser but you crossed a line here >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I am sorry Keyser but you crossed a line here >:(

Bloody hell I was joking about a fictional character folks.

For the record Rudolph is a superb actor - sheer class and is very underused by TPTB - let's face it he has hardly been in his own storyline - it has all been about Ian.

This is a disgrace.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Personally, I think he is a very ordinary actor and always has been. His current role as post stroke victim is not a particularly difficult thing to act although he is making a reasonable job of it.
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    It was hilarious. :D
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Personally, I think he is a very ordinary actor and always has been. His current role as post stroke victim is not a particularly difficult thing to act although he is making a reasonable job of it.

Agreed, credit to him though doing a decent job with his current storyline
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell I was joking about a fictional character folks.

For the record Rudolph is a superb actor - sheer class and is very underused by TPTB - let's face it he has hardly been in his own storyline - it has all been about Ian.

This is a disgrace.

Agree with you on all counts.

Just because they've bothered to give Patrick a serious storyline doesn't mean we should be impressed by it. The acting has been very here nor there, imo and the storyline revolved around Ian in the moments where it should have been more focused on Patrick and although some strokes can be recovered from quicker than others, this one didn't give enough of itself in terms of a storyline.

PS: People need to lighten up about what can and can't be said about Patricks stroke. It's a soap where characters get killed for our entertainment. Lighten up! It ain't real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you on all counts.

Just because they've bothered to give Patrick a serious storyline doesn't mean we should be impressed by it. The acting has been very here nor there, imo and the storyline revolved around Ian in the moments where it should have been more focused on Patrick and although some strokes can be recovered from quicker than others, this one didn't give enough of itself in terms of a storyline.

PS: People need to lighten up about what can and can't be said about Patricks stroke. It's a soap where characters get killed for our entertainment. Lighten up! It ain't real.

Indeed.

Real life is bad enough.