Alison Hammond...most successful HM ever?

rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldn't stand her in BB3 and still not so keen today.

But I have to give her credit she seems to have made all the right moves in her career from BB. Considering she was only in the house for 3 weeks, On this morning she gets to interview the real ;) celebs and now is one of the presenters on Loose women.

how did that happen?

It also proves that you have to be a certain character in BB to be successful rather than who stays in the longest or wins?

What has she got that the rest didn't have?

Edit...Maybe this thread will take away the bordem of reading about Pikki all the time :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, surely Jade Goody is the most successful ever? :confused:
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachelb65 wrote:

But I have to give her credit she seems to have made all the right moves in her career from BB. Considering she was only in the house for 3 weeks, On this morning she gets to interview the real ;) celebs and now is one of the presenters on Loose women.

how did that happen?

It also proves that you have to be a certain character in BB to be successful rather than who stays in the longest or wins?

A lucky break on a long running show.
  • rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote:
    Erm, surely Jade Goody is the most successful ever? :confused:

Whats her job in the media?
  • sabusabu Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachelb65 wrote:

how did that happen?

I believe she had an equity card before she went into the house ... as did Johnny Regan ... and had already appeared in "bit parts" in Casualty, and such

So I suppose she was a "pro" of sorts already, and knew the doggedness required to make it as a small player in that business they call "show"
  • murkredimurkredi Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Ms Hammond's appearance on BB was only a small step in her well-planned career path. It gave her a boost, but I think she would have been succesful, BB or not.

Personally I can't bear the woman, but as you say, credit to her for her achievements so far.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    rachelb65 wrote:

A brain, is the short answer.

She wasn't n BB for very long, so it's hard to see that the much coveted exposure on TV played much part.

It's also a reality check on those FMs who spend hours and hours with their high powered microscopes trying to identify talent in this year's crop, who seem a pretty average bunch in my estimation.

Pete may have a Crazy Frog type novelty hit and then disappear, but only Imo and Glyn have even a glimmer of emulating what Alison has done, and probably in Wales, in Welsh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachelb65 wrote:

Well hasn't Jade earnt more in her promotional 'work' than Alison so she is more successful.
  • rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote:
    Well hasn't Jade earnt more in her promotional 'work' than Alison so she is more successful.

I actually didn't mean amount of money made. I was meaning who had the most successful media/career job.
  • BibblesBibbles Posts: 7,755
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote:

Jade has made most money as she tells us endlessly but has no respect and is a national idiot.But if you value only money she is the most successful.

Better would be a mixture of money and respect-Brian and Kate look to lead the pack but in the smaller confines of Irish TV what about Anna who does a lot more than Alison albeit for not much more money.Alison does little on this morning -just a couple of minutes.(Is she on Loose women or was she just a guest?I can't be bothered to find out)

Plus happiness-difficult to gauge or attribute to BB.Jade doesn't seem happy to me with her national idiot joke about to come home in her family.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,647
    Forum Member
    I dare say Jade is richer but she has no real career. Alison, much as I don't like her, is the only ex-HM who has a 'proper', established TV career in terrestrial television, even if it is only daytime television. I don't think 'a brain' is the answer. She is not particularly intelligent, and there have been loads of ex-HMs more intelligent than her. I think, as someone else suggested, it was just a lucky break. The fact that she already had a background in television would have given her an advantage, I suppose. Finally, when Alison was hired by This Morning, there were not nearly so many ex-RTV types all clambering after the same jobs as there are now. That inevitably lowers any ex-HM's chances of getting such a job.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote:

more successful = richer?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people will just succeed anyway. Appearing on BB may just be a small factor.

But with Jade I would say the show made her, unfortunately for the nation.

If she'd been chucked out the 1st week, though...
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    rachelb65 wrote:

Do you mean media career? Or money made?

Assuming it's the media career, Alison has done extremely well. Her success is down to a combination of what is often described as her bubbly personality & hard work.

Alison was also lucky. BB3 put her in the right place at the right time. She was noticed on BB where as before she had not been, despite being a card-carrying member of Equity. Having said all that, she really isn't for me.

BB1's Anna has done equally well, with regular work on Irish TV dating back to when she left the BB1 House. She has also had her own show over there. Given that Anna is based in Ireland, her audiences are smaller than Alison's, but she is a nationally known figure over there which perhaps is not the case with Alison.

Less successful than these two, but nevertheless hugely successful when compared to most ex-hm's, is Jon Tickle. He has been presenting on Brainiac since 2003 & the show is still running.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we taliking long term or right now?
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade has never managed to shake off the BB tag - she is, and always will be, Jade from Big Brother. The difference with Alison, Jon Tickle and Anna is they are now known without the stigma of being ex-reality contestants but by their own merits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian has done and does as much TV as Alison - whether you believe his work to be less credible than Alisons though is subjective. Reporting for a daytime prog occasionally, and dressing up in ridiculous costumes to promote phone in competitions isn't that credible. Loose Women is a good vehicle for Alison though as was Brian taking over Ant & Decs slot.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    Jade has never managed to shake off the BB tag - she is, and always will be, Jade from Big Brother. The difference with Alison, Jon Tickle and Anna is they are now known without the stigma of being ex-reality contestants but by their own merits.

totally agree. And none of them were bullying scumbags either.
  • bb7fanaticbb7fanatic Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I think that Jade will always be the most succesful !

But I loved Alison Hammond , I laughed with her and when she broke the table i actually laughed so muched i cried ... I didnt really like anna or jon but well done to them they both have very successful carreers anna is a presenter on "The Afternoon Show" in Dublin , and Jon works on Brainiac
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alison is great and love seeing her on TV. Jade makes me laugh too.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how the three most successful female BB's contestants all came from BB3 - Alison, Kate and Jade.
  • bb7fanaticbb7fanatic Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    It was a good bb year
  • GuineveretooGuineveretoo Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What media career does Alison have? I honestly haven't seen her recently at all....
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What media career does Alison have? I honestly haven't seen her recently at all....

She's a reporter on This Morning, she was on an hour ago interviewing Robbie Coltrane. She's also just become one of the presenters on Loose Women.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Who is the most succesul in the media??

Jade is

she is the one who is always seen in the media, whereas Alison is only seen interviewing celebs every now and again and would she even be doing that if it wasnt for the This Morning show

Jade has more exposure and programmes built around her than Alison will ever have

Alison is doing alright but in money and fame terms she will never touch jade

Julianne Moore was on the J Ross show the other week she commented on Jade without ever meeting her
    now that is a big hollywood celeb commenting on her

would Alison ever have a big celeb commenting on her without metting her first or having a meeting arranged by the This Morning team
  • GuineveretooGuineveretoo Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    She's a reporter on This Morning, she was on an hour ago interviewing Robbie Coltrane. She's also just become one of the presenters on Loose Women.

Ah, okay. I didn't know that. Sounds like a successful media career to me! :)

Still no idea if she is the most successful housemate, of course....