Your favourite CDWM

treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I did make an attempt to see if this had been posted before but you'll all admit that this is a hard undertaking.

Personally I'm a fan of the episodes where they all get along.

My favourite is sadly a 1 hour, 4 person episode as opposed to a weekly excursion.

I'm going to have to be blunt in order to describe the episode as I don't know any other way to describe it.
It entailed a black guy, a gay guy, and a gay girl and I remember one girl burning her hand cooking and the other girl consoling her by giving her a hug. They all ended up dancing together to a soul singer and it appeared that this group would be friends for life.

For hilarity value, the one that I loved was with the guy on a budget who's only objective was to win the £1,000. He served a starter that entailed a can of baked beans and part of the main course was asparagus where he through the tips away and served the stems. The girls laughter made me burst into hysterics.

Lastly, I really liked the one which had a beetroot farmer that served beetroot in every course.

Comments

• claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode when Peter came fourth and told everyone to leave his house (as below):

Peter: Let’s see who’s won, in fourth place is me.
    Jane: Why are you shaking your head at me?
    Peter: You won, Jane.
    Jane: Oh my god
    Peter: Enjoy the money I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Jane. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.
    Charlotte: I don’t get that?
    Peter: Well you wouldn’t, let’s be honest, there’s nobody in there love. So Jane, take your money and get off my property.

Unbelievable!!! 😮
  • LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The best episodes were in Preston.

Bernard's massive rant and apology with carpets, Dawn falling asleep. Probably more as it's been ages.

CDWM's gone massively downhill.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claremonts wrote: »
    The episode when Peter came fourth and told everyone to leave his house (as below):

Peter: Let’s see who’s won, in fourth place is me.
    Jane: Why are you shaking your head at me?
    Peter: You won, Jane.
    Jane: Oh my god
    Peter: Enjoy the money I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Jane. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.
    Charlotte: I don’t get that?
    Peter: Well you wouldn’t, let’s be honest, there’s nobody in there love. So Jane, take your money and get off my property.

Unbelievable!!! 😮

I thought that I'd seen them all but I don't remember seeing this one.

I look forward to seeing the repeat.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the favourites that I mentioned is on More4 at the moment.

Salisbury, with Chris. He's having a 'cheap week' by not eating during the day in order to get his money's worth :D.

So funny.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed most of the early series of CDWM, but the one that stands out is a London one with the Estate Agent, the fishmonger, the anthropologist, the architect and the old dear who's dinner party was a throwback to the 1970's complete with sherry trifle!
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is a little repeated early series week from Brighton. It was I think the first (only?) all women week. Producers clearly thought there'd be bitchy cat fights. Far from it. They were all from very different backgrounds but got on. The winner was a regular working class girl. She was half French, spoke and cooked French effortlessly. They were all shocked and impressed. She cracked me up when she said "but what they don't know is I still sound common when I speak French !"
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    For many years I've been desperate to re-watch the episode with the super sweaty slightly autistic (maybe?) guy who had like, 5 showers on his day as he was so nervous he kept sweating. He ended up winning and cried like a baby. It was soooo sweet.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Lenzar wrote: »
    The best episodes were in Preston.

Bernard's massive rant and apology with carpets, Dawn falling asleep. Probably more as it's been ages.

CDWM's gone massively downhill.

"Dawn, your hair is in your avocaaaaaaaaado!"

:D

Classic episodes.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    "Dawn, your hair is in your avocaaaaaaaaado!"

Classic episodes.

The Preston episodes were brilliant, but Dawn clearly had some major issues and sadly she committed suicide some time later. I don't expect they'll ever be showing those again.
  • RiccieRiccie Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Mine is a little repeated early series week from Brighton. It was I think the first (only?) all women week. Producers clearly thought there'd be bitchy cat fights. Far from it. They were all from very different backgrounds but got on. The winner was a regular working class girl. She was half French, spoke and cooked French effortlessly. They were all shocked and impressed. She cracked me up when she said "but what they don't know is I still sound common when I speak French !"

I remember that one!
    My favourite was the game- player guy, who did the Caterpillar in the garden and gyrated in front of the camera with the commentator saying 'stop it, stop it, this is disturbing'
    I do have to say the narrator makes it for me. He cracks me up :D
  • Raye1774Raye1774 Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites is the episode with a group from London (I believe one was Australian and another was a radio DJ). I don't love it because it's a great episode, I love it because the b*tch of the week is hoist on her own petard on the very last night and ordered to re-score the nights that went before it or she will be disqualified. I had to look for a while, but it's on All 4 and I just watched bits of it to remind me why it made me laugh. Isabelle's expression when she's lying on the bed having been told by producers that she's got to give more honest scores is hilarious!

Ep 10 Series 5.
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memories are hazy but surely it has to be the one where the host got drunk and went to bed so the guests had to cook the dinner.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 11,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Blackpool one with Simon aka drag act Betty Legs Diamond, Liam the Masonic removal man, Cass the barking B&B landlady and er Andrea.

Simon spent as much on fresh flowers as he actually won in the contest.

Liam was peeved with Cass for bringing her own chilli sauce

Cass had the most kitsch B&B ever

Andrea I don't really remember much
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bokonon wrote: »
    Memories are hazy but surely it has to be the one where the host got drunk and went to bed so the guests had to cook the dinner.

That's the Preston one with Dawn.
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    That's the Preston one with Dawn.

Ahh, OK. Thanks for putting me on the right path. Very sad to hear about the later, tragic events.
  • Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one in my home town, because it resulted in me having a fistfight with a drunken fat oaf at 3am and clobbering him with ease.
    Forum Member
    The one in my home town, because it resulted in me having a fistfight with a drunken fat oaf at 3am and clobbering him with ease.

You can't just tease us with that and then not tell us the full story!
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My all time favourite episode was the one with tea-totaller Forbes in it - the guy with the tacky nightclubs who did all his shopping in Lidl to save money, cooked pig's trotters and then there was the scatty bint who kept calling him Frazer :D:D:D

I still laugh even now when I think about it. He even set fire to something under the grill at one point :o:D
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    My all time favourite episode was the one with tea-totaller Forbes in it - the guy with the tacky nightclubs who did all his shopping in Lidl to save money, cooked pig's trotters and then there was the scatty bint who kept calling him Frazer :D:D:D

I still laugh even now when I think about it. He even set fire to something under the grill at one point :o:D

I remember Forbes/Frazer and his hairy pig trotters well. Definitely one of the classics!
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I remember Forbes/Frazer and his hairy pig trotters well. Definitely one of the classics!
    It's absolutely my stand-out episode ;-)

I loved the bit where he turned up with a massive name badge on with FORBES emblazoned across it and she STILL called him Frazer! :blush::D
  • Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »

You can't just tease us with that and then not tell us the full story!

It was in my home town, which for obvious reasons I will not disclose.

Basically one of the contestants was extremely snotty and unpleasant the whole week through, real through-the-fingers viewing, and the local town Facebook had people commenting quite rightly that she was an upper-echelon bampot. With lovely teeth, though. Very white, very even.

So anyway one woman's ripping into everyone, super personal, dredging up photos of everyone who's commenting on the episode to mock their appearance, and worst of all kept spelling "lose" as "loose". To the surprise of nobody, she turns out to be the snotty contestant's mother. Queue big rant about WELL I CAN TELL YOU SHE'S A LOVELY PERSON REALLY AND THE SHOW WAS BRUTALLY EDITED DOWN yadda yadda yadda.

Cue me, full of 6 cans of Wellpark Brewery's finest nectar: "You're her mum. You have to like her. Even Hitler had a maw."

Much lambasting of ma good self on the Book of Faces for about a fortnight after that. Many of her friends and family posting on everything on my page - which admittedly isn't much, mostly rants about Faye Ripley, photos of the crow that I was trying to tame and obscene limericks - and threatening me with retribution most dire. I dunno why, exactly, but out of the many people on the town page going "Wow this is grim stuff" I seemed to be the one who got the most ire. I think it was because my Facebook profile photo at the time was from some My Little Pony fansite, some spindly bloke hugging a poorly photoshopped horse. Plus my name in real life is bloody hilarious.

Anyway, one fine Saturday it's 3am, and I'd stepped in to cover a shift on the taxis for a mate of mine, and it was a surprisingly quiet night so I was sitting watching Game of Thrones on the ol' Lenovo. And a big fat bloke gets in, and his big fat wife gets in the back. And he sees my name badge, and the little photo, and bugger me if he's not the horrible contestant's dad. Small world, wouldn't want to paint it, yadda yadda. Full of the beer and the testosterone, he demands that I step out of my happy little bubble of Skoda to engage in fisticuffs, thus to defend the honour of fair daughter.

Now I know everyone on the Internet is a gigantic, well muscled black belt, but I actually am a black belt in judo, a brown in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and a former amateur boxer. I have an amateur MMA record of 1-1-1, so you know that in a fight I am EVER SO SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN AVERAGE. That I like Strictly Come Dancing and look like Harry Potter's camp uncle is neither here nor there - I am well tidy, yo.

So, we step outside [he was wailing on the fixtures and fittings of the Skoda and I was worried he'd wreck my mate's taxi and I'd have to explain how a social media slapfight had resulted in a car being broken almost a month later, just too bloody ridiculous] and he squares up in this absolutely ridiculous John Wayne cowboy pose, and starts doing that forehead pushy thing all FUKKEN COME OAN THEN YE SPECCY POOF, AH'LL ****EN RECK YE, FIRST PUNCH, FIRST PUNCH YA FUC- and that was where he went sideways, because being a gigantic coward I levelled him with a fairly smart left hook before he could hit my gorgeous face. Then gave him a bit of a shoeing while he was down, just to make sure he stayed down, because bugger letting gigantic angry farmers get up and hurt me with their colossal shovel hands. His wife came out and tried to hit me with her stiletto heel, but I took it off her and threw it onto a bus shelter roof, being gentlemanly like that. As she was torn between cracking my head and retrieving her shoe, this meant she left me relatively unmolested as I kesa-gatame'd her oaf of a husband and waited for the police to arrive.

So yeah. Come Dine. Good show.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Mine has to be the one with Spencer but it was so tragic.

He was raising money for a cancer charity for his sister who was recovering from cancer.

The other contestants got behind him and the woman who won split the money with him.

Sadly he died months later from cancer before the show aired.

Lovely fella. They all gelled and kept in contact.

They set up a website to try and raise funds in his memory

http://www.comedineforspencer.co.uk/
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Mine has to be the one with Spencer but it was so tragic.

He was raising money for a cancer charity for his sister who was recovering from cancer.

The other contestants got behind him and the woman who won split the money with him.

Sadly he died months later from cancer before the show aired.

Lovely fella. They all gelled and kept in contact.

They set up a website to try and raise funds in his memory

http://www.comedineforspencer.co.uk/

That was a great episode (s) so sad