The Retreat

lady_marylady_mary Posts: 595
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching this with Nick Knowles? Obviously Billy is as lovely irl as he is on DIY SOS! It was very emotional when he talked about his daughter.

Comments

• tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt keen but I watched it last night as there was nothing else on and then tonight I found myself wanting to see what else happened.

Did Billy lose his daughter?

I am very suspicious of these healer types, my mum is well into all that stuff, you name it, she does it or hires someone to do it for her. I find it all a bit cultish and quackery.

The dieting and weight loss is one thing but tummy massage to get toxins out is another.
  • lady_marylady_mary Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    I wasnt keen but I watched it last night as there was nothing else on and then tonight I found myself wanting to see what else happened.

Did Billy lose his daughter?

I am very suspicious of these healer types, my mum is well into all that stuff, you name it, she does it or hires someone to do it for her. I find it all a bit cultish and quackery.

The dieting and weight loss is one thing but tummy massage to get toxins out is another.

Yes I'm agreement with you Tia - but I also secretly want it all to work (except not sure about the tummy massage or colon cleanse 😱). Had reiki once and it seemed to work 🤔
    Yes Billie's daughter passed away aged 20 but he didn't say how or when - very sad.

Well it seems as if it's just you and me watching 😎
  • tallulahulatallulahula Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    I'm hooked - it's interesting how they're all being gradually drawn in. Although I have to say that one lady (can't remember the names) is strikingly like Johnny Vegas' alcoholic sister in Benidorm.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, it was cancer apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Ah, it was cancer apparently.

What was cancer?
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_mary wrote: »
    What was cancer?

Billy's daughter's cause of death I think. That was really sad, I was crying.

I really enjoyed watching this every night. Was surprised when Nick left so abruptly before the end. He was really kind with the police officer, it was sad when she was upset.

The lady with the eye problems - felt really sorry for her, that sounded awful.

I don't think I could have done it - I'd be worried about being bored.

I hope they all feel like they have benefitted from it now they are back home.
  • alfie_stuartalfie_stuart Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I saw him talking about this on twitter, thought i'll get it on catch up, OMG it's so emotional, what a great thing too do, don't know if it's the mind set or if it works but hey each to their own...... really enjoying this :):)
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to go to this place - it is in Thailand and the cheapest stay, in a dormitory, is about £1.500 for 2 weeks in low season plus the flights etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I enjoyed this but would have liked a catch up after a few months back home. Would also liked to have heard what Billy and Jules had to say about the whole experience.