Options

Great British Bake Off, 2016

Comments

• Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candice everytime I watch this is the obvious Star Baker and winner of the series.

It's not just her baking which is a sweet delight from her nana, but her personality, charisma and her looks. She is the perfect flag bearer for such a "feel good show".
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do Selasi and Benjamina look like a couple? It seems like they really like each other.

Glad Tom came back strongly after a horrible Pumpkin pie. Glad Selasi came back with a BEAUTIFUL showstopper as well. Candice was impressive in the sense that she managed the time well with one extra layer (was that her who kept messing up the time during showstoppers at the beginning of the series?)

Rav :( just didn't do enough. Glad my gingah boy survived.
    He lives with his girlfriend, who presumably isn't Benjamina.
  • Options
    EadfrithEadfrith Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »

Scandal brewing
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Eadfrith wrote: »
    Scandal brewing

The contestants spend a couple days in a hotel together every weekend, people can make friendships without there being anything further.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do Selasi and Benjamina look like a couple? It seems like they really like each other.
    I think they act more like siblings - they tease each other constantly, and Benjamina laughed like a drain when Selasi's filling was deemed 'too thick' and was basically hilarious about calling him 'thick'. But they cheer each other on, and seem to have developed a lovely friendship. I don't see it as a romantic connection - they don't flirt in that way IMO. I suspect it's perhaps because they come from similar backgrounds, both are Londoners, and have similar interests. I just love their adorable friendship - it's pretty similar to Nadiya and Tamal's last year - people from similar backgrounds, bonding over a shared love of cakes! Were Selasi single, I'd be shipping them all the way, but he has a girlfriend, and is clearly at a point in his relationship where her mother is giving him her recipes! So yay for platonic male-female friendships - they are possible, you know!;-)
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Candice everytime I watch this is the obvious Star Baker and winner of the series.

It's not just her baking which is a sweet delight from her nana, but her personality, charisma and her looks. She is the perfect flag bearer for such a "feel good show".

I am cynical, when I hear people talking about their dead relatives looking at them from heaven and such, I think it's fake. If it's so precious to you, leave it private, don't tell everybody. She is dead, isn't she? :o:D
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    I think they act more like siblings - they tease each other constantly, and Benjamina laughed like a drain when Selasi's filling was deemed 'too thick' and was basically hilarious about calling him 'thick'. But they cheer each other on, and seem to have developed a lovely friendship. I don't see it as a romantic connection - they don't flirt in that way IMO. I suspect it's perhaps because they come from similar backgrounds, both are Londoners, and have similar interests. I just love their adorable friendship - it's pretty similar to Nadiya and Tamal's last year - people from similar backgrounds, bonding over a shared love of cakes! Were Selasi single, I'd be shipping them all the way, but he has a girlfriend, and is clearly at a point in his relationship where her mother is giving him her recipes! So yay for platonic male-female friendships - they are possible, you know!;-)

It's a a shame because they would look cute as a couple but yeah, good friends can still do :p
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I am cynical, when I hear people talking about their dead relatives looking at them from heaven and such, I think it's fake. If it's so precious to you, leave it private, don't tell everybody. She is dead, isn't she? :o:D

I can't see any problem, many people have a close bond with a relative which continues after their death. If it is someone who encouraged them in an activity like baking and they are now taking part in a baking competition then hardly surprising they will be remembered,
  • Options
    BearcubBearcub Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Danny Baker on Extra Slice.... 😂
    "You've got the next series here in the studio.... Ooops - they told me not to mention the next series...."
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Bearcub wrote: »
    "You've got the next series here in the studio.... Ooops - they told me not to mention the next series...."
    Yes, brilliant. I'm sure he did it deliberately. :D:D:D:D

Just a knowing smile from Jo in response.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Aikens looked very handsome on ES. BTW they talked a lot about Bake Off on Mock the Week, they were hinting that Dara O'Brien may be interested in C4 show, not sure if they were just pulling his leg. They said Ed Byrne would be a great replacement of Mel and Sue, because he looked like a cross of both of them, which is true :D And there will be an Indian version of Bake Off with Paul Bollywood :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Bearcub wrote: »

:D:D:D That was so funny.

Danny loved everything he tried :D
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :D:D:D That was so funny.

Danny loved everything he tried :D

He did! I liked ES this week - the panel all gelled well and Tom Aikens can come and cook for me any time!
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening you Crusty Loafs!

Dessert week - yum!
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :)
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Hellair!!!
  • Options
    eggplanteggplant Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening All :)
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dessert week .... Maybe Cherish, the poison dwarf, will make an appearance ... Lol
  • Options
    jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943