MKR Australia Series 7

1128129130131132134»

Comments

• Raye1774Raye1774 Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Interesting. I must confess I forgot all about it once it was over.

I'd guess that that's be the case with a lot of the 'villain' teams now - didn't Sophia want to be a reality zeleb? I'd also guess that the most genuine baddies were the first ones, Peter and Gary, and even they were encouraged. Once the production team saw how it got people involved they took it and ran with it.

It seems like a short-lived career move for them even if they get anywhere, which I find doubtful - reality 'stars' are like buses, there's always another one right behind. I would have thought you need a degree of charisma, which neither of them have, but I don't really know what appeals to people who watch shows like Big Brother. I suppose they could go around the country opening new Coles supermarkets.

Oh, and they postponed having a child for the competition (didn't another couple do that? I know that there was a couple that were doing the competition to give them the ability to start their family, but I am sure that another couple said that they'd postponed starting a family because of the competition). The interweb is full of stories about L&C yet hardly any about Tasia and Gracia - guess they have a bit more class than to be selling everything to OK and Hello!
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    I see they've got their own website, they certainly big themselves up in the 'about us' section. The success of the series was entirely down to them apparently!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i would think the main problem with them wanting to be a "brand" is i dont think there is a market for a cringeworthy italian australian trying to be "street"
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i would think the main problem with them wanting to be a "brand" is i dont think there is a market for a cringeworthy italian australian trying to be "street"

:D

I hope you're right!
  • Raye1774Raye1774 Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

And "American Street" circa 1980 at that!