Options

Season 14 General discussion, videos, pics.

Comments

• Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I've just taken another look can't see what they are seeing thought it was ok, Even some of Cheryl's leg positions weren't as sharp as would expect from a pro, compared to say Peta.

He has double the views compared to say Katherine, so reckon if all the viewers vote he is well ahead. Don't see the attraction, but men and women seem to go gaga over him.

I don't think he's wildly good looking either. He seems nice enough and he's an OK dancer. Is he being scored on his looks? His jive was laughable in parts, yet he still received a decent score.

Maria seems to be marked on her looks as well. I don't think she's a great dancer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is hilarious:D!

Omg his comments though:eek:!
    In a certain way he is right, sex certainly sells;so unless she really gets down a dirty she might not even make it to that final, sad but true(however there is still the salsa/samba/chacha/rumba for that:D).
    During the recent weeks Donald has become increasingly popular so me thinks that he might make it to the final:cool::he has the right combination for a winner(huge football star, enjoy the show, great chemistry with Peta)
    -Katherine has been good but some people found her dance yesterday "bland":confused:. I really dont see it;I feel like she was acting and in total control of the dance.And if she is not careful, it seems like her popularity is dipping or static(thats worrying imo).
    -William:Im certain he will make it to the final :rolleyes:.
    -I dont think that Maria should make it to the final .I think that she's way overmarked/overpraised but I wouldnt be surprised if she makes it pass Katherine tbh.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far Maria, Melissa and Gladys are safe.

For the "dance duel" the bottom 2 couples will be on the floor at the same time doing the same dance to the same music.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin and Jaleel in bottom 2. They are dancing the cha cha.

All 3 judges save Jaleel. Gavin has been Kimmel'd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That dance duel was nervracking!!! Before it even started, I knew that Jaleel would win;as he was the most talented dancer.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gavin going was the right result.

I feel so sorry for Kym. I get the feeling she will suffer even more now as Jaleel will be angry he was in the bottom two.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »

Thanks Lili.

I guess it was the right result :(. Gavin seemed nice and looked genuinely popular with everyone :).

Not sure Kym looked too chuffed to be saved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Wasn't a surprise that Gavin went I suppose even though Gladys is probably the weakest dancer left(but they need her in for Motown week as they presumably created it for her) and out of the bottom 2 would have preferred Jaleel to go if only for Kym's sake as she clearly is barely tolerating him.

As I was busy didn't really get a chance to comment on dance night.Have to say I was a bit disappointed by all the dances,if I had to pick two I enjoyed ;Roshon and Melissa (despite her being quite stiff there was more joy to her performance and Maks in an open pink shirt whats not to love) I hated Derek & Maria's dance,how the hell that got the encore is beyond me totally.Didn't like any of the AT's either,Donald's was too sexy,too many acrobatic lifts not enough dancing and Katherine's was too soft,her upper body was floppy and to me it looked like she was waiting to be placed by Mark and I didn't like the pink costumes.Least said about the Judges panting after William the better.

The dance duel seemed a bit of a mess to me also and very obvious in its outcome,no tension ,boring.

New thoughts for final Katherine(should be),Donald(should be),William(shouldn't but then neither should Maria the other judges choice)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link Lili.

Dance Duel - was I the only one going cross-eyed trying to watch it with the line down the middle of the screen - cr*p:rolleyes: No suprise with Gavin, bit of a damp squib, pointless exercise.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link Lili.

Dance Duel - was I the only one going cross-eyed trying to watch it with the line down the middle of the screen - cr*p:rolleyes: No suprise with Gavin, bit of a damp squib, pointless exercise.:rolleyes:

It was a bit embarrassing for all concerned. More humiliateion for the crap dancers.

I hate it when the female pros parade around like demented drag queens to distract the audience. Yes, we know you can dance - let us see what your partners can do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygK4Wemxj-0&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f12ad2FAAAAAAAAAAA

Bless him - "C'mon, c'mon, C'MON!" :D.

They must have had a really tough week with all that travelling. Gladys has tremendous energy and enthusiasm and never seems to say 'no' or 'I can't'.

I wonder if Maks has a soft spot for her too - he's the first to give her a hug when she gets through, and I've noticed him cheering on the balcony after their dances.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Maria seems to be marked on her looks as well. I don't think she's a great dancer.
    I think Maria is completely overrated by the judges. If she was dancing with any other professonal she would not be given such high scores for mediocre dances. Also no way should that Salsa have been given the encore when they could have shown one of the three amazing Argentine Tangos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Maria is completely overrated by the judges. If she was dancing with any other professonal she would not be given such high scores for mediocre dances. Also no way should that Salsa have been given the encore when they could have shown one of the three amazing Argentine Tangos.

I think that's very true. The scoring has been very inflated this season in general.

Apparently Katherine is doing a Samba next week. She hasn't really done a "hippy" dance yet, so I'm not sure how she'll do.
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    I love Kym & I think she has gone in on herself because she is so uncomfortable with Jaleel.
    She's so different with him than she was with Hines, Donny & others.

I don't really get the impression that they don't get on (i'm not saying that they do get on, just that I don't get those vibes from them)... I think it's just that they seem so focussed on the competitive aspect that I don't enjoy watching either of them and that I haven't particularly enjoyed Kyms choreography yet this season (:o sorry).

Didn't enjoy Marias dance. Throwing in the kiss just made it look a bit desperate.

Donald's my current favourite. Poor Gavin though... absolutely lovely guy but couldn't dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have a link where you get what they done this week before dance and scores all in one, I can only find the actual dance and what the judges say ???
  • Options
    Forum Member

Agreeing with you Christian looking at the viewing figures for their dance this week from just one youtuber, the viewing count is a colossal - 389,324 for Maria, compared to William's 46,000 and Katherine's 20,500. Don't know how that reflects in people's voting patterns, but she is rather popular or Derek is. Seems some are lapping up the faux romance:rolleyes: Think they are very smart cookies doing whatever it takes, smacks of desperation to me, but what do I know, must be in the minority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gki8fmzqv80
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreeing with you Christian looking at the viewing figures for their dance this week from just one youtuber, the viewing count is a colossal - 389,324 for Maria, compared to William's 46,000 and Katherine's 20,500. Don't know how that reflects in people's voting patterns, but she is rather popular or Derek is. Seems some are lapping up the faux romance:rolleyes: Think they are very smart cookies doing whatever it takes, smacks of desperation to me, but what do I know, must be in the minority.

Regarding those viewing figures, I think that a lot of it has to do with the controversy that it created and not with the actual dance itself which in my humble opinion was overrated and rubbish:p.
    I also think that most people are voting for Derek not her;Im not saying that she is not popular but she is not as popular as some people thinks she is.
    I think that regarding the popularity of some celebs, it seems like it changes every week.
    William is at the top, same with Donald and I would like to think that Katherine is somewhere at the top.
    If she comes next week and wow all of us with her performance then she will gain more fans and maybe a ticket for the final.However if she delivers a lackluster performance then she will suffer(bottom 2 :eek:)
    Im a bit worried bc the samba is not Mark's strongest dance(from what I have seen anyway). And that dance doesnt always score well.
    If Im not mistaken, its the lowest scoring dance at strictly.
    Anyway next week should be very interesting and hard to predict.
    I still think that Gladys will be safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Regarding those viewing figures, I think that a lot of it has to do with the controversy that it created and not with the actual dance itself which in my humble opinion was overrated and rubbish:p.
    I also think that most people are voting for Derek not her;Im not saying that she is not popular but she is not as popular as some people thinks she is.
    I think that regarding the popularity of some celebs, it seems like it changes every week.
    William is at the top, same with Donald and I would like to think that Katherine is somewhere at the top.
    If she comes next week and wow all of us with her performance then she will gain more fans and maybe a ticket for the final.However if she delivers a lackluster performance then she will suffer(bottom 2 :eek:)
    Im a bit worried bc the samba is not Mark's strongest dance(from what I have seen anyway). And that dance doesnt always score well.
    If Im not mistaken, its the lowest scoring dance at strictly.
    Anyway next week should be very interesting and hard to predict.
    I still think that Gladys will be safe.

You could be right edy, hope you are, what next though to keep themselves in the headlines????

If Katherine can do as well in the samba, as the jive it might boost her support, she probably not the type to go for shock value, like some, cough, Maria:rolleyes:

Gladys could well be safe with Mowtown week, so we may have a surprise dance dual.