Gary Barlow Genuine Or After A Knighthood?

13»

Comments

• Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    There's no comparison between the Beatles and Take That.

That's your opinion.

I have never understood Beatlemania. I preferred John Lennon's solo work.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Miss N wrote: »
    You don't seem to like him which makes me wonder why you read his autobiography? :confused:

I liked Take That (still do - have been to about 9 concerts - all this time around - not at the teenybopper stage!!!) I also used to like Gary Barlow - but to be honest Miss N - its all this (in my opinion faux) charidee work that's put me off him. The first instance was at the Kilimanjaro thing he helped organise. A very noble effort and worthwhile - but he then spent £50,000 to bring all his 'celebrity' friends back to the uk on a private jet for the last leg of the journey home. To me it was just clearly 'showing off' and he didn't see the irony in that this £50,000 could have bought another 10,000 mosquito nets! This one gesture alone made me regret donating £20 to Comic Relief that year!

He's also a total turn-off on the X-Factor - all this 'head judge' talk - just crap-bloody-crap. Who wants to be captain of a sinking ship - obviously Captain Barlow does.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    It's all scripted.

Then Gary should admit that he is willing to be a puppet - and not pretend to be about 'finding talent'. Mind you - for £2M I don't blame him.

Miss N - back to your comment / comparison with The Beatles - forget it. I do like Take That - and they put on superb shows - but musically no way on God's Green Earth can Gary Barlow's music be put on any sort of level of that of Paul McCartney and John Lennon - or even George Harrison. To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have thought he was after the knighthood for a while. All the charity stuff is great, but why not the first time round? Why now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's your opinion.

... and every sensible person's opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then Gary should admit that he is willing to be a puppet - and not pretend to be about 'finding talent'. Mind you - for £2M I don't blame him.

Miss N - back to your comment / comparison with The Beatles - forget it. I do like Take That - and they put on superb shows - but musically no way on God's Green Earth can Gary Barlow's music be put on any sort of level of that of Paul McCartney and John Lennon - or even George Harrison. To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.

I'm not arguing. I don't like The Beatles and don't understand the fuss made over them.

I have said I like John Lennon's music though. Not keen on McCartney.

I find a lot of the Beatles songs repetitive...I wanna hold your hand blah blah blah!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    I have thought he was after the knighthood for a while. All the charity stuff is great, but why not the first time round? Why now?

I imagine he was too young first time round. Take That's reunion became a bit of a phenomenom and gave them much more exposure. Robbie has done the same with his Soccer Aid charity. If they are high profile, they can attract more 'celeb' mates etc.