HDR-1000S Firmware Download from Beta Website

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
Forum Member
I half read on another forum about a beta software for the Humax HDR-1000S.

I went to the official Humax Beta website and could not find it.

But then I scrolled down to the bottom of the Home page and found the file
Recent Freesat Files

hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf 13563k - 24 Dec 2012 05:22 by Humax Testing (v1)
‎HDR-1000S Default File‎

If anyone does not no were the official Humax Beta website is at.
just add .co.uk to
beta.humaxonline

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnsat wrote: »
    I half read on another forum about a beta software for the Humax HDR-1000S.

I went to the official Humax Beta website and could not find it.

But then I scrolled down to the bottom of the Home page and found the file
    Recent Freesat Files

hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf 13563k - 24 Dec 2012 05:22 by Humax Testing (v1)
    ‎HDR-1000S Default File‎

If anyone does not no were the official Humax Beta website is at.
    just add .co.uk to
    beta.humaxonline

I rather think this is 1.00.16 that everyone should have? Is it?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I rather think this is 1.00.16 that everyone should have? Is it?

The link says it's a system default file, not a firmware upgrade.

‎HDR-1000S Default File‎
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    The link says it's a system default file, not a firmware upgrade.

‎HDR-1000S Default File‎

I have downloaded the file, but I was hoping someone else would try it?

Windows recons it is
    hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf
    13.2 MB (13,888,408 bytes)

Please note that an old Foxsat HDR software for example
    FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf
    7.69 MB (8,073,417 bytes)

So it really looks like the hdr1000s is the software / firmware or what ever is the correct technical term?

Also I can now see the hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf file for download in the Freesat HD section of the Beta website but not in the Downloads section.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Windows recons it is
    hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf

So it really looks like the hdr1000s is the software / firmware or what ever is the correct technical term?

Also I can now see the hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf file for download in the Freesat HD section of the Beta website but not in the Downloads section.

All it does is resets the box to factory defaults - same as a reset from the menus as far as I am aware. The file format is .hdf for all Humax kit. Loader updates also have the same structure. The latest software version is 1.0.16 which all HDR-1000s should have picked up automatically as Repassac posted.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it does is resets the box to factory defaults - same as a reset from the menus as far as I am aware. The file format is .hdf for all Humax kit. Loader updates also have the same structure. The latest software version is 1.0.16 which all HDR-1000s should have picked up automatically as Repassac posted.

Could it be both the firmware and default?
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Could just try it ?
    How do you select an update from USB ? It wasn't clear to me when I tried.
    Forum Member
    paul1962 wrote: »
    Could just try it ?
    How do you select an update from USB ? It wasn't clear to me when I tried.

The only idea I have is try the update system for the old Humax Freesat recorder or the Humax HD Feeview recorder.

Which is copy the file to a USB Memory Pen (do not put it inside any folders).

Make sure the Humax is in standby.
    Put the memory pen in the front usb socket.

Press and hold the STANDBY button on the front of the Humax. The Humax start up and the download process should start, please keep the STANDBY button held in for 30 seconds and then release.
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Tried that, the box just powers up and then shuts down after approx 30 seconds.
  • ClemClem Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Windows recons it is
    hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf

Why would you expect someone else to try the firmware for you?

Clem
    Forum Member
    Clem wrote: »
    Why would you expect someone else to try the firmware for you?

Clem

Because it's my only recorder.
    Other people have spare recorders so they can experiment.
    Without loosing any recordings (since they can record the same program on both recorders).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without loosing any recordings (since they can record the same program on both recorders).

As I posted earlier it's not a new firmware at all, merely a support file that Humax may ask you to use.
    Forum Member
    As I posted earlier it's not a new firmware at all, merely a support file that Humax may ask you to use.

Any idea how to telephone Humax without phoning a premium rate number = 0844.
    I can phone 0870, 0845, 01, 02, 03 numbers for free on my phone package.

I tried say not to 0870 website and phoning Humax Sales contact number (on Humax website).
    But they refused to put me through to Customer Services or Technical since they insisted I must phone their 0844 number so they can make money out of the call!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea how to telephone Humax without phoning a premium rate number = 0844.
    I can phone 0870, 0845, 01, 02, 03 numbers for free on my phone package.

I tried say not to 0870 website and phoning Humax Sales contact number (on Humax website).
    But they refused to put me through to Customer Services or Technical since they insisted I must phone their 0844 number so they can make money out of the call!

They aren't going to get very rich from this, after 0800, 0844 is the cheapest national call rate other than special arrangements with your phone service provider.

http://www.08numbers.net/08_call_costs.html
    Forum Member
    I have just looked on the Currys and John Lewis websites.
    The old Humax Freesat recorder has gone.
    You can only buy the new Humax model from these shops.

With the current bugs, normal / average customers will be throwing them back at a massive rate.
    At least before they could buy the cheaper older model.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think people have spare recorders per se -- they just choose to experiment. Why not buy a second recorder of some sort yourself -- you could then check things out without expecting other forum members to potentially break their kit for your benefit.

Clem
    Forum Member
    Clem wrote: »
    I don't think people have spare recorders per se -- they just choose to experiment. Why not buy a second recorder of some sort yourself -- you could then check things out without expecting other forum members to potentially break their kit for your benefit.

Clem

I don't know if you are deliberately causing trouble or are just not experienced in how to behave on forums.

But if people like you continue to behave like you are, forums will cease to exist since no one will post.

Because just like me people will think why on earth did I post on a forum when I will probably get a post back from people like you.

You may well say so what, who needs forums?
    I say wait until you have problem with something and find no forums to find the answer to, then you will wish forums still existed and people still tried to help each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you are deliberately causing trouble or are just not experienced in how to behave on forums.

But if people like you continue to behave like you are, forums will cease to exist since no one will post.

Because just like me people will think why on earth did I post on a forum when I will probably get a post back from people like you.

You may well say so what, who needs forums?
    I say wait until you have problem with something and find no forums to find the answer to, then you will wish forums still existed and people still tried to help each other.

I'm more than experienced in forum etiquette, thank you, and I'm certainly not out to 'cause trouble', as you suggest. My point is that I think that it's unreasonable for someone to expect others to potentially total their kit trying something out at the behest of someone else who hasn't apparently made any effort to try that particular something first (rubbish grammar, but I hope that the point is made). Of course forums require give and take, and I'm all for that -- just check-out my postings on AVForums, for example. I'm just not minded to help people who expect others to try stuff out where they're clearly not disposed to make contributions too, and I find that annoying.

Clem