Options

Fox bites off baby boy's finger

Comments

• Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cal4751 wrote: »

Well I wouldn't listen to a word the RSPCA said. :D:D They're the same people who prosecute old ladies for feeding stray cats but they'll let traveller families allow their horses to live in fields full of scrap cars, barbed wire, old car batteries, ragwort and no grass.

They're big scaredy cats who think they can wander around in black uniforms so they look like policemen. They're hardly likely to say they do agree with culling are they. All the old ladies who love animals won't bequeath them all their money then will they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put some food out last night for a local fox who I often see rummaging for food. The anti-fox mob can go screw if they think that I'm going to contribute to the decline of these majestic and adorable creatures. We need more foxes on our streets, I say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Fox attack: wildlife programmes encourage 'ridiculous' attempts at taming

Wildlife programmes that show people interacting with animals have encouraged “ridiculous” attempts to tame urban foxes leading them to become increasingly emboldened, an expert warned in the wake of an attack by a fox on a baby.

I blame Attenborough ;)

How many reported fox attacks have their been on people in the UK in the last say 10 yrs?

I would have thought dogs are more dangerous, will there be a dog cull? ;)
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I put some food out last night for a local fox who I often see rummaging for food. The anti-fox mob can go screw if they think that I'm going to contribute to the decline of these majestic and adorable creatures. We need more foxes on our streets, I say.

Your neighbours must love you........not.

You can always tell when there is a fox about, the smell is overpowering.
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't listen to a word the RSPCA said. :D:D They're the same people who prosecute old ladies for feeding stray cats but they'll let traveller families allow their horses to live in fields full of scrap cars, barbed wire, old car batteries, ragwort and no grass.

They're big scaredy cats who think they can wander around in black uniforms so they look like policemen. They're hardly likely to say they do agree with culling are they. All the old ladies who love animals won't bequeath them all their money then will they?

^ Spot on.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    "The child’s mother, in the next room, heard a piercing scream then a heavy thud as the four-week-old boy was flung to the floor.
    To her horror, when she rushed into her son’s room..."

without wanting to point any blame on the mother whatsoever because apparent fox attack in your own home is not a blameworthy matter, this is just an observation....a 4 week old baby should be in the room with you for every possible moment until they are 6 months old. I was told never to leave my baby napping in her own room, she was in the living room with me constantly.

Oh, you so want to put the blame on the mother with your observation and your gentle rebuke and your reminder to all what a superior Mum you are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »

According to the Sun the area is infested with wild evil beasts called foxes. So why leave the door open? It could have been worse the baby could have been kidnapped and murdered. It only takes a minute to steal a baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would too . I like foxes. They're such shy creatures.

How many dogs kill children yet no one densbd dogs are poisoned aka culled. Fox have a right to live as much as the next creature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    You only have to look at posts on here to find dimwits who think that wild vermin make suitable pets.

You have to treat them with respect because they're wild but you can build up trust and get them to come closer by regularly feeding them but I'd still treat them caution. Same can be said for any creature including dogs. People fail to understand animal language and when it's telling you that you're intruding in on its private space.
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Oh, you so want to put the blame on the mother with your observation and your gentle rebuke and your reminder to all what a superior Mum you are.

I've spent half my time on this thread defending her against statements saying she shouldnt have left the baby alone. And i state that i did what i was told to do. Hardly superior behaviour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree more foxes please, would love to come across a cute mum and baby, it would make my day :D
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I normally manage to restrain myself when I read even the most inane of posts but with this one all I can say is frankly you're an idiot. Then I looked at the name of the person who posted it and I wasn't surprised any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would too . I like foxes. They're such shy creatures.

How many dogs kill children yet no one densbd dogs are poisoned aka culled. Fox have a right to live as much as the next creature.

The hilarious thing is, when an animal hurts a child and everyone goes mental stating they are dangerous and need banning, they forget their kids are more likely to be killed or hurt by another person. There's more child molestors than killer animals in the UK.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to treat them with respect because they're wild but you can build up trust and get them to come closer by regularly feeding them but I'd still treat them caution. Same can be said for any creature including dogs. People fail to understand animal language and when it's telling you that you're intruding in on its private space.

You realise you are part of the problem...when more children are attacked and urban foxes are culled you will have contributed towards that outcome.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Been away for a while, how's the search for the Dog going?
    I know someone on here must have being doing the rounds of Facebook etc, hunting out them, friends and family looking for a Dog.
    They went on the hunt almost immediately with the 'Twins' case, determined to find a Dog.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been away for a while, how's the search for the Dog going?
    I know someone on here must have being doing the rounds of Facebook etc, hunting out them, friends and family looking for a Dog.
    They went on the hunt almost immediately with the 'Twins' case, determined to find a Dog.

We're waiting for someone to post the link to a Daily Mail story that apparently confirms the cover-up dog story.

Hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    adopter wrote: »
    We're waiting for someone to post the link to a Daily Mail story that apparently confirms the cover-up dog story.

Hasn't happened yet.

One of the low post count, joined last month club or the low post count joined years ago club?
    Usual suspects for 'I've got the inside track, I know people...' act.

No dog's been found then, bet a few people are pi$$ed off.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with this story is that so far we have had 3 versions of what happened, from 3 family members.

Mother...Heard a scream and a bang rushed to the room and found a fox had removed the baby from his cot and had the baby's arm down it's throat.

Aunt....Fox had managed to drag the baby all the way to the doorway and had bashed his head several times trying to get it out of the room.

Uncle..... Baby was unattended on the sofa, whilst the mother was upstairs, fox pulled it off of the sofa after biting his head.

If the story keeps changing then people will get suspicious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

I must admit that I lost faith in the RSPCA several years ago when we found a female stray cat living at the bottom of our garden.
    The RSPCA said that if we didn't adopt the cat ourselves it would be put down. This despite us having two males cats of our own at the time.
    We did adopt the cat but she was bullied by one of our males. We loved her and did our best to protect her from him. At least she had a life before she eventually passed away.
  • Options
    ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    i state that i did what i was told to do. Hardly superior behaviour.

But no way to live your own life, surely?
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    But no way to live your own life, surely?

I tend to be pretty compliant if a medical professional gives me advice on how to reduce SIDS, but I would give it some serious consideration if asked to jump off a cliff.
  • Options
    Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    You realise you are part of the problem...when more children are attacked and urban foxes are culled you will have contributed towards that outcome.

Fatuous nonsense. More children are most probably bitten by squirrels , certainly by dogs and the biggest killer of children is other people.
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

The problem is that people live in urban towns and cities. Your rather misguided feeding of what is a verminous creature in that environment is encouraging the fox to intrude on the space of people in order to scavenge.
  • Options
    ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    The problem is that people live in urban towns and cities. Your rather misguided feeding of what is a verminous creature in that environment is encouraging the fox to intrude on the space of people in order to scavenge.

Would you apply the same argument against feeding birds, hedgehogs etc etc.

By the way your use of the word verminous to support your argument is too obvious.
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »

I live in a rural area, and see the occasional fox along the river bank, and once saw one walking down my street. I've never had a problem with one.

I did have a problem with a couple of domesticated dogs, which forced their way into my garden, dragged my cat out of the hedge next to my door, and pulled it between the two of them until it was dead. They then went on to savage some lambs and killed one of them. The same dogs had already, on other occasions, bitten a child, got into an old ladies house and cornered her in her own kitchen and on other occasions had got into gardens and pulled rubbish out of the bins.

Give me a fox any day. The alleged incident was pretty much a one off, but as we all know, domestic dogs maim children on a daily basis, and there are children killed by dogs far more frequently than foxes enter houses.