Options

The Least Watched Final

clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
Forum Member
✭✭
So after having IMO some of the best singers in the final it is still the least watched final of the series so far Why?

2012 7.82 34.2%
2013 7.95 34.8%
2014 6.60 30.7%

Taking from UKTV Ratings on twitter

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Not strictly true. The first two are officials, and the 2014 figure is overnight.
  • Options
    clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when do officials come out then?
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 Overnight ratings 7.14 (34.2%)

2013 Overnight ratings 7.24 (34.8%)

2014 0vernight ratings 6.6 ( 30.7%)
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not surprising. I was one of those who watched the whole series but didn't bother to watch the final.

I can only speak for myself of course but I thought the final 4 were a pretty boring and uninspiring bunch. I really didn't care who won or what happens to them afterwards and I can only assume others felt the same and gave it a miss
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my honest view

Too too many blind auditions shows they are great but 4 - 5 weeks MAX is the ideal way the voice US spent about 3 weeks of them but they are on Monday and Tuesday nights so...

Also battle rounds 1 weekend
    Knockouts the same

Then people won't be tired out by the end and will watch the lives (which should be six weeks MINIMUM to gain public interest and allegiance to artists) downloads should count towards votes now that people can download.

The voice UK needs to for survival copy and analyse the US one
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh last two finals the show had no competition, this year you had the final of Takeaway which I think stole some of the viewers

I was at a JT consort last night so I missed the final but I saw it on iPlayer which is why I think live overnight ratings are becoming less important as in the future most people won't be watching TV live but whenever they want on the likes of iPlayer & Netflix
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Tbh last two finals the show had no competition, this year you had the final of Takeaway which I think stole some of the viewers

I was at a JT consort last night so I missed the final but I saw it on iPlayer which is why I think live overnight ratings are becoming less important as in the future most people won't be watching TV live but whenever they want on the likes of iPlayer & Netflix
    The last two series had Britain's got Talent to put up with which is a much more watched show than Saturday Night Takeaway.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first 20 minutes and switched over to 3-2-1 on Challenge.
    Didn't know who had won till I logged on here.
    Not seen or heard anything in the papers or on the radio.
    Looks like nobody cares much.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed to see this as it was the best series so far and seemed to be the most popular so surprised that it did worse than the previous two, but hopefully this will make the BBC realise that the format still needs a lot of work, particularly the live shows.
    4troy7 wrote: »
    The last two series had Britain's got Talent to put up with which is a much more watched show than Saturday Night Takeaway.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that BGT had ended before the final of The Voice for the past two series? So I guess that would explain why ratings were lower as there was more competition this time.
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first 20 minutes and switched over to 3-2-1 on Challenge.
    Didn't know who had won till I logged on here.
    Not seen or heard anything in the papers or on the radio.
    Looks like nobody cares much.

Well I don't buy newspapers but there are plenty of articles in the Mail and Mirror online and a great review in the Telegraph online.

"Nobody cares" ?? Just the millions of people who watched it last night. Don't assume everyone thinks the same as you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason it was less watched may have had something to do with Ant and Dec having their big goodbye programme on the other side, which included Robbie Williams. The reason, in fact, that I recorded The Voice. So i could catch up afterwards. Many people don't have the record facility on their boxes.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Well I don't buy newspapers but there are plenty of articles in the Mail and Mirror online and a great review in the Telegraph online.

"Nobody cares" ?? Just the millions of people who watched it last night. Don't assume everyone thinks the same as you.

I don't assume everyone thinks the same as me. A live final of anything will get decent viewing figures.
    I didn't go on the internet till this afternoon and the 2 papers I read this morning didn't mention it, nor on the radio news I listened to.

When I said nobody cares, in 2 or 3 months time a lot of people will have moved onto the next hype.
    I decided not to watch it or Ant and Dec.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel that we don't get to know the final contestants very well. Once they are down to the final weeks they lose contestants very quickly.
    I know the X factor has its faults but because you have your finalists and only 1 or 2 are eliminated a week, by the time they get down to about 6 left you actually know the contestants better.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    It's not surprising. I was one of those who watched the whole series but didn't bother to watch the final.

I can only speak for myself of course but I thought the final 4 were a pretty boring and uninspiring bunch. I really didn't care who won or what happens to them afterwards and I can only assume others felt the same and gave it a miss

This. ^ :(
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »

Then you missed a great final. It was the best out of the seasons so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then you missed a great final. It was the best out of the seasons so far.

I agree. I really don't care about those who say they didn't watch it, yet choose to comment on it. In fact, I try to ignore their comments as they are obviously not valid.

It was the most enjoyable final of The Voice ever. :):):)
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    I agree. I really don't care about those who say they didn't watch it, yet choose to comment on it. In fact, I try to ignore their comments as they are obviously not valid.

It was the most enjoyable final of The Voice ever. :):):)

I agree, this was the first time I have watched the series the whole way through and the final. Partly because Jessie J used to annoy me and I found these judges much more agreeable, altho Kylie did grate a bit to start with :D