AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Your thoughts?

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a sensible decision to add some variety aside another dance act or a singer.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Probably a sensible decision to add some variety aside another dance act or a singer.

Yeah I agree, even though I would have liked light balance.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty obvious. Personally, I thought he was crap, but as I said in the other thread, I'd prefer him over another dance act or singer.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good choice, won't pose any threat to the votes of BAM
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, even though I would have liked light balance.

Same here, but Light Balance were never in the running as they weren't one of the top 3 acts in the heats.

Clegg is very "meh" for me. The only decent one he does is Dec.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Jon - he or Jodi would have been my choice but I guess they didn't want another singer.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought his audition was appalling (except Marge Simpson) but his semi-final was quite good. Not a worthy finalist though in my opinion. But good that we have some more variety now.
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BGT is a show designed to find a talent to go in front of the queen in The Royal Variety Show - John Clegg, is just that, a variety act, so I'm happy he got through. He won't win of course, but at least it's not another singer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very annoyed. We've had far better impressionists before (Paul Burling being the best) and I find him a very annoying person in general.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    It should be the person who got the most votes in their semi final, but didn't go through.

I thought he was crap. The impressions were average and the material was very weak.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    abs2512 wrote: »
    He won't win of course, but at least it's not another singer.

Why not? He ought to have the same chance of winning as a singer or dance act.. OK if you took the types of acts represented as a whole the overwhelming odds are that it will be a singer or dancer as they make up something like 8 of the 11 finalists. But if you took each act individually I am sure Jon has the same chance of winning.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the words 'making up the numbers' spring to mind

No threat to the singers one of which is more likely to win

Ok it's variety but he is pretty s**t to be honest
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »
    Why not? He ought to have the same chance of winning as a singer or dance act.. OK if you took the types of acts represented as a whole the overwhelming odds are that it will be a singer or dancer as they make up something like 8 of the 11 finalists. But if you took each act individually I am sure Jon has the same chance of winning.

As much as I want him to win I just think his type of act rarely does well in these kind of competitions - for me it's a shame because I think he is great
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »

I think it's open to whatever the acts do and how well they perform in the final.

It'll be boring if they all perform the same acts as they did in their auditions and semi-finals. I hope the magician comes up with a new trick/ illusion, etc....and Jon with new impersonations.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he related to Nick Clegg?
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right choice whatever you think of him atleast not another singer/dancer
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that it's an act who I don't recall Simon being blown away by in the same way he appeared to be by his favoured acts. Which kind of suggests that he doesn't think he has a chance anyway and is therefore no threat to the chances of his favourites.

Plus I imagine that he thinks it will be a decision that will satiate the demands of those clamouring for more variety.

So my feelings are 'pfft, whatever' won't make much difference to things in terms of the competition. It provides a bit of filler between the 'big' acts I suppose.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good choice !!!
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    It's not a surprise really.
    Good to have another variety act , people would have moaned if another dance act or singer went through so you can't please everyone either way.
    He won't win ether so Simon can rest easy.
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He deserves it

However, there is really no point of a wildcard because the only people with a chance of winning are the ones who came 1st of their semis, and most of them are dull>:(
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great act. him, darcy, Lettace and paddy and nico are the only variety acts this year.I dont think ive missed any non singers out have I
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rightly so
    Was worried it was going to be Bailey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Good choice! Pleased with that
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Great act. him, darcy, Lettace and paddy and nico are the only variety acts this year.I dont think ive missed any non singers out have I

The French dancers and the addict initiative
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason Clegg came 3rd is because people thought he was already through.

Clegg will storm it in the final, you see.

His Alan Hansen was pretty good.