Options

Moto G Battery Life

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just posting here as it seems even a bit better since the 4.4.4 update the other day ?

Have just had nearly 6 hours screen on time (including downloads, music, etc).

About an extra half an hour for me,
Very happy (moto non 4g)
Others seeing the same ?

Comments

• Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    the only thing i noticed was that after the update, no sound would come from my phone, meaning that this morning i never got woke up as the alarm never sounded, neither did the calls from my colleagues picking me up, so i am now in trouble with my area manager as i was needed to help out at another branch at 5am this morning, seriously pissed off, i had to jump a taxi to my normal work so i wasnt late for that as well.

I rebooted it twice and that fixed it, but i was raging this morning, and my area manager is out for my blood .>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just bounced mine off a wall for being unable to make a ****ing connection to tinternety. Now I need a new ****ing phone
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing I've noticed is the change in dialler and that mine now shows H+ pretty much all the time whereas before it usually show H until I did something using data and then it would show H+ then flip back to H when done with data use. Also occasionally shows 3G+ which it never did before.

On Moto G / 3G Tesco unlocked model with Tmobile SIM
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    the only thing i noticed was that after the update, no sound would come from my phone, meaning that this morning i never got woke up as the alarm never sounded, neither did the calls from my colleagues picking me up, so i am now in trouble with my area manager as i was needed to help out at another branch at 5am this morning, seriously pissed off, i had to jump a taxi to my normal work so i wasnt late for that as well.

I rebooted it twice and that fixed it, but i was raging this morning, and my area manager is out for my blood .>:(

Yeah, I lost all my ringtones, etc too.

Just had nothing or "hangouts" tones

I did a full reboot after the update, and was surprised to they they had gone, but downloaded and app full of interesting new tones instead
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before the update I'd use about 25% battery per day.

Three days since my last charge and I'm down to 55% half-way through the third day.

A definite improvement in battery life since the Kit-Kay update.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly since the update mine and my wife's don't seem to last as long now, will keep an eye on maybe a rogue app or something
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been away with some friends, one of whom as a 4G Moto G, and his battery was still on around 50%ish the next morning. My Nexus 5, which had been used mostly in airplane mode was practically dead (and he didnt micromanage his either), although I had taken a few photos and made a half hour call and listened to a couple of hours of music (low volume, headphones), but still, his phone absolutely spanks mine for battery life every time. Yet mine has 4.4.4 on as well, which is supposed to "work wonders". I've even done a factory reset, and nowt.

Still, GSMarena did post some quite impressive results for the battery life on the MG which was probably pre-update too.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I... rebooted it twice and that fixed it...(

I hazard a guess that any customised ring tones were lost
    Firmware updates are 'day 1' resets until apps are re-installed etc etc.
  • Options
    tom558tom558 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switch my Moto G off at night,since the 4.4.4 update find that I have to agree to location consent,every time I switch on in the morning,if I want to use my tracking app.
    This means turning off GPS and turning it on again,then clicking agree in the dialog box
    Bit of a pain,but at least I can get it to work. :(:)
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I hazard a guess that any customised ring tones were lost
    Firmware updates are 'day 1' resets until apps are re-installed etc etc.

I dont have anything customised, just the same ringtone it had the day i bought it, as is the alarm.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with the OP

Battery life has improved imeasurably for me, I converted my device to GPE, its nice to get access to the Google Now Launcher. It isn't greatly different from the standard AOSP offered by normal Motorola roms, it just means one gets the updates faster.

I still love this handset even after 5 months with it, battery life is the best of any smart phone I have owned. Motorola played a blinder with this, I look forward to what they will offer with its successor.