Tesco Mobile or general contract question

BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
Forum Member
I have a current phone on Tesco Mobile as part of a contract. Contract isnt up until February. As I've posted here recently though, I plan to buy a new phone myself.

I was just wondering when I buy that new phone, if I can get Tesco to swap the old phone that was originally part of my contract, with my new phone I bought myself? Do they do that? I don't see why not because it's not like it costs them anything different.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    They don't need to do anything.

All you do is take the SIM card out of the old phone and put it in the new phone.
    You can use your SIM card in any phone. The original phone you got as part of the contract is yours to keep and Tesco don't care if you use that original phone or any other phone.

Just remember that some newer phones take a smaller size SIM like a Micro SIM or Nano SIM so you may need to ask Tesco to swap your SIM card to a smaller size. Don't worry, it's the same SIM card, same number, same account and same contract. Just a physically different size SIM card to fit into your new phone.

To get your SIM swapped to a different size just ring up Tesco and they'll send you one out in the post. Then follow these instructions. The old SIM will stop working, the new SIM will start working in your new phone.
    http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-support/1080-getting-started/1320-setting-up-your-phone/swap-your-sim

If your new phone takes the same SIM card size as your old phone then you obviously don't need to do a SIM swap. Just take the SIM out of your old phone and put it in the new phone.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Oh great thanks for that info.

Yes I'm pretty positive the new phone will have a different SIM size than the current. But if that is no problem then great.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh great thanks for that info.

Yes I'm pretty positive the new phone will have a different SIM size than the current. But if that is no problem then great.

Which phone do you have currently, and what are you looking to get?