Has the Japan tsunami got anything to do with whaling?

Comments

• GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    The kill loads of sharks for shark fin soup, cutting off the dorsal fins, and chucking the still alive shark bleeding back into the sea, where, being badly wounded and spewing blood, it will become an easy target for predators, including other sharks. This has caused a depletion in the shark population, which has in turn caused an increase in the population of the Humbolt Squid, whose numbers are now getting out of hand, as their main predator is diminished in numbers.

Maybe soon the Japanese will have to develop an interest in eating the Humbolt Squid.
    That's the chinese, not the japanese.
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    The kill loads of sharks for shark fin soup, cutting off the dorsal fins, and chucking the still alive shark bleeding back into the sea, where, being badly wounded and spewing blood, it will become an easy target for predators, including other sharks. This has caused a depletion in the shark population, which has in turn caused an increase in the population of the Humbolt Squid, whose numbers are now getting out of hand, as their main predator is diminished in numbers.

Maybe soon the Japanese will have to develop an interest in eating the Humbolt Squid.

And that has what to do with plate tectonics exactly?
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkmoth wrote: »
    And that has what to do with plate tectonics exactly?

Eating soup off a plate?

That's just ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if all the whales swam round in a circle really really quickly.

:p
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobobacon wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if things like the Japan tsunami is natures way of showing how angry it is against countries that kill whales for food. These amazing ancient creatures of the sea I think are sacred beings and I am not sure I believe in karma or not but this did get me thinking.

I can't decide if this is serious or you're just a troll. Either way, this post is disgusting, ignorant, insensitive and just plain ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I can't decide if this is serious or you're just a troll. Either way, this post is disgusting, ignorant, insensitive and just plain ridiculous.

You can't decide...?! :D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I sometimes wonder if things like the Japan tsunami is natures way of showing how angry it is against countries that kill whales for food. These amazing ancient creatures of the sea I think are sacred beings and I am not sure I believe in karma or not but this did get me thinking.

Fish are no different and yet we capture and eat them.
    Perhaps we British ought to suffer a bit too?
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think aliens have more to do with that than whaleing.
    think it might have something to do with the pacific plate then anything . japan is between the two plates under the earth that move and when they do yu get earthquakes. This is why parts of california are in earth quake zones. LA and frisco
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueBell7 wrote: »
    You can't decide...?! :D

Trouble is, you never know on here. There seems to be trolls and nutters in equal amounts! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, obviously earthquakes only happen to people who eat cute animals. They should act like us and stick to ugly animals, like pigs.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    Trouble is, you never know on here. There seems to be trolls and nutters in equal amounts! :D
    I'm opting for a nutty troll...
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Fish are no different and yet we capture and eat them.
    Perhaps we British ought to suffer a bit too?

We have a conservative govt. :mad: What more do the herring want ! :(
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: *Steps in to parallel universe*

/steps out again :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Seismologists?

Investigating something after the event does not allows prove how it happened. :)

All I've read about (in the news) is a 'Ring of Fire' and 'Pacific Plates' which cause it, although, like the weather - it cannot be predicted when or how bad it will be.

So they can summise but that doesn't really explain why it's happening, just how it happened.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst one yet.

I'm sort of willing to overlook the supermoon nonsense because you can kind of see the (very flawed) logic, but this is just rubbish.
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet they tell us education standards are gradually increasing!
  • KalmiaKalmia Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    I really shouldn't respond to this but I can't help myself..

Maybe it's because Japan is in a location that has always been prone to earthquakes and has had several large ones in the past (Niigata in 2007 and Kobe in 1995 for example) plus dozens if not hundreds of small ones each year?

Experts have been saying for ages that Japan was due a big earthquake sometime soon.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I'm thinking 1/10.
    Divide that by 50 per cent. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Divide that by 50 per cent. :cool:
    0.5/5? ;)
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kalmia wrote: »
    I really shouldn't respond to this but I can't help myself..

Maybe it's because Japan is in a location that has always been prone to earthquakes and has had several large ones in the past (Niigata in 2007 and Kobe in 1995 for example) plus dozens if not hundreds of small ones each year?

Experts have been saying for ages that Japan was due a big earthquake sometime soon.

Come on mods. Stop allowing sensible answers to a really stupid op.
    What they really mean is this.
    Stick an idiot in front of a computer and he is still an idiot as the op has proved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

You're a revolting person and a bit of an idiot.

That is all.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  • The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member

For crying out loud!!!

I'd stop thinking if I were you.
  • BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0.5/5? ;)

2/20 surely?