BBC South East loses another weather presenter

Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Six months after Nazaneen Ghaffar resigned to join Sky News, Kaye Forster has left today to join North West Tonight on a temporary basis.

Also as mentioned in one of the radio threads by PhilH36, Kaddy Lee-Preston hasn't been seen on-screen for two months.

Comments

• zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need a weather presenter. Just save our license fee and do it from London. What's the point of paying someone else to do an OB from a farm somewhere when they could do it down the line from London?
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zing wrote: »
    They don't need a weather presenter. Just save our license fee and do it from London. What's the point of paying someone else to do an OB from a farm somewhere when they could do it down the line from London?

The regional weather presenters don't just sit on their backside and look pretty for a couple of forecasts, they prepare copy for BBC local radio stations as well as online, so they actually provide value for money from the licence fee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It became a shambles when they axed Geoff and Bev. The current mob just ramble on about anything trying to look like they know what they are doing. I've heard some interesting stuff about Kaddy from taxi drivers that's all I'm saying. I caught a glimpse of the lunch time bulletin and I can't remember her name but the presenter today usually does the National weather or London's for itv, why can't she cover for SE Today?

I personally prefer Meridan's team just the news aspect sucks donkey kong and so I don't bother tuning in to watch news about people in Southampton when I'm many miles away.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double shifts for Rachel Mackley then,or perhaps viewers will be seeing even more of Michael Fish......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if Elizabeth Austen and Michael Fish cover Kaye and Kaddy's shifts along with help from Sara Thornton who seems to cover every region going.

Lara Lewington also has covered shifts on SET, but hasn't been seen for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Six months after Nazaneen Ghaffar resigned to join Sky News, Kaye Forster has left today to join North West Tonight on a temporary basis.

Also as mentioned in one of the radio threads by PhilH36, Kaddy Lee-Preston hasn't been seen on-screen for two months.

I wish Kaye all the best and will miss her
    she is a lovely girl ; she gave a liitle wave goodbye last night

can I see her on North West Tonight and why is she temping?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep,Elizabeth has been doing Breakfast shifts this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard some interesting stuff about Kaddy from taxi drivers that's all I'm saying.

Steady, it's a public forum :D You don't want Carter F*ck on your ass :)

Best one-line quote I've seen in a while though. Intrigued as to what the rumours might be

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MEDWAY wrote: »
    can I see her on North West Tonight and why is she temping?

You'll be able to see NWT on Sky and Freesat in the 900s or the 6.30 bulletin online.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    You'll be able to see NWT on Sky and Freesat in the 900s or the 6.30 bulletin online.

do you know why she moved?
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Now this is what I call a weatherforecaster!

Ana Belen Roy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight it was Rachel Mackley doing the weather on South-East tonight. I'd certainly like to see more of her! ;)
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MEDWAY wrote: »
    do you know why she moved?
    She'd not been back for long either, she'd been on extended leave. Odd to move to cover temporarily though.

Now it's Kaddy missing in action - "away from the programme". Well blow me down, talk about stating the obvious!

I wonder if she is filming for a new series of Inside Out South East?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are more than welcome to have on a permanant basis Reham Khan from South Today.She is truely shocking,and not a patch on Georgie Palmer who hopefully one day will return.

I agree with what you say about the work the Regional Forecasters/Presenters do away from the screen.The forecasts on the Eastern Counties BBC locals by Jim Bacon etc for example,are very good indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Lion wrote: »
    You are more than welcome to have on a permanant basis Reham Khan from South Today.She is truely shocking,and not a patch on Georgie Palmer who hopefully one day will return.

I agree with what you say about the work the Regional Forecasters/Presenters do away from the screen.The forecasts on the Eastern Counties BBC locals by Jim Bacon etc for example,are very good indeed.
    No thanks, you can keep Reham - very kind of you to offer though :D

I just want Kaddy back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »
    She'd not been back for long either, she'd been on extended leave. Odd to move to cover temporarily though.

Now it's Kaddy missing in action - "away from the programme". Well blow me down, talk about stating the obvious!

I wonder if she is filming for a new series of Inside Out South East?

I stumbled across various internet postings indicating that Kaye was ill last year-although I don't know the specifics.

I think Polly and Rob would have said Kaddy is filming for Inside Out if that was the case,rather than make a general statement. Even there initially it was 'on leave', which subsequently became 'currently away from the programme'-is there a different meaning behind those two statements? I think most viewers can accept that she's not on air at the moment,what they want to know is when (or if) she'll be back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I stumbled across various internet postings indicating that Kaye was ill last year-although I don't know the specifics.

I think Polly and Rob would have said Kaddy is filming for Inside Out if that was the case,rather than make a general statement. Even there initially it was 'on leave', which subsequently became 'currently away from the programme'-is there a different meaning behind those two statements? I think most viewers can accept that she's not on air at the moment,what they want to know is when (or if) she'll be back.
    Exactly, I agree entirely. All this cloak and dagger stuff just arouses suspicion but then again if it's something personal there's not really a lot they can say.

I do recall Kaddy had a very long break last year too, then never seemed off our screens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Lion wrote: »

Georgie's gone for good from South Today. At least Southampton seems to be able to keep their presenters for more than 5 mins!
  • SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaye's up in Manchester to cover for Diane Oxberry, who is apparently away until July for unspecified reasons.