Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inside Llewlyn Davis
    Beautiful film, with one of the best soundtracks from a film i have heard in a while.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here, Then (Ci chu yu bi chu) (2012) 7.5/10
    Winter Of Discontent (El sheita elli fat) (2012) 7/10
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devils Due (seen tonight)

Thoughts:

Peter Cushing has never been replaced-or is it that the Church has receded so much in modern thinking that Satan has the field to himself?

The young actress playing the newly-wed and central character is fabulous but prone to mood swings.

"Found footage" films make for very easy storylines as its very easy to chuck the camera about and make viewing impossible when things might otherwise have to be explained.

.........and why o why do people (especially younger types) insist on looking at their phones throughout an entire showing. I swear at least one person was actually watching another film on their phone tonight-and half the audience seemed to be catching up on emails interspersed with occasional giggles.

Despite everything still found some enjoyment in watching - but then again I haven't got a smartphone.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Woman's Secret [1949]. Director: Nicholas Ray

6/10

One of those movies where someone is shot in the first few minutes and we get flashbacks to work out how things happened.

Unfortunately the secret wasn't worth waiting for but there's plenty of crisp dialogue and moody photography to enjoy along the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    August: Osage County - 5/10

The Wolf Of Wall Street - 5/10

Inside LLewyn Davis - 7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The croods
    Beauty and the beast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

8/10 Funnier than I expected, Jim Carrey is great.
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) - Vicious lampoon on the Greenwich Village Folk Scene of the early sixties, or at least i hope it was. My teeth were on edge after the far too long opening number, and i didn't make it through the next onstage number. Thanks to the Oscar Nominations many have been spared the pain and expense of this film. blaaargh/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Of The Big Heat ..1967 9/10 silly but classic cult sci-fi directed by the hammer films director Terrance Fisher ...Stella British Cast .Including Christopher Lee , Peter Cushing ..Sarah Lawson and Partick Allen !
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    The Sentinel

Another jump on the 70s devilry bandwagon, in which a fashion model discovers her New York apartment block hosts the Gates of Hell. Much hysteria ensues. There's a certain crude appeal to the parade of garish visions on display, but it's mostly vulgar, lumpen trash, sorely in need of a more artful touch. Michael Winner directs, if you hadn't already guessed. 5/10

The Invasion

Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman waste their talents on this fourth (and by far the weakest) take on the Bodysnatchers text. In typical Hollywood SF style, a few good ideas early on get thrown on the fire in favour of dumb plotting, endless chases and trite resolutions. A tragic victim of studio interference by all accounts, and boy does it show. 4/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) 8/10
    Shinobi no Mono 2 (1963) 8/10
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of the Past / Build My Gallows High (1947) - 8/10

Until tonight, I didn't see it again since I was 13 or 14 (I think Alex Cox introduced it in his film programme on BBC2? Or maybe one of Channel 4's noir film seasons?). I enjoyed it then, enjoyed it now. Better than I remembered, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working Girl - 7/10
    Re watched the great gatsby - 9/10. Even better on a second viewing
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Elysium - 5/10
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Human Centipede:o

Wrong to say I liked it as I found it disturbing but still couldn't stop watching.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perks of Being a Wallflower on DVD last night. One of the best films I have seen in a very long time (as long as you ignore the huge plothole that a bunch of kids who love Dexy's Midnight Runners have never heard of David Bowie's Heroes). Emma Watson was delightful. 9.5/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Fantastic James Stewart/Frank Capra film. I watched it for the first time last night. Highly recommended. :)
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug..... it was like watching paint dry and talk about over acting; Ian McKellen was awful... thats two and a half hours of my life gone and never to come back :(
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens [1922]. Director: F. W. Murnau

8/10

A far better adaptation of Dracula than the authorised 1931 Hollywood version.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Bugsy Malone. Class!!!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Their Skin...8/10 it's pretty similar to The Strangers and not a bad horror at all. Certainly better than a lot of the predictable dirge Hollywood has churned out lately in the horror genre
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    Currently watching Gladiator for the hundredth time and I still think that Joaquin Phoenix should have won an Oscar!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE WORLDS END - 9/10
    funny ass movie, the FOURTH in the "cornetto trilogy", in the same vein as THE WATCH ..... which i also thought laff-taculour!!!

except the fight scenes are faaaaaaaaar from what i was expecting :D

RIDDICK - 6/10
    terrifically shot scifi caper for our favourite brutal murderer who can see in the dark :cool: but takes an interesting twist!

but that's where the good stuff ends i'm afraid, as the story is so BADLY MANAGED it almost ruins it!

but there's PLENTY more of riddick to come ..... but give it a decent story this time
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Groundhog Day - 10/10

Just perfect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Holy Innocents (Los santos inocentes) (1984) 8/10
    Shinobi no Mono 3 (1963) 7/10
This discussion has been closed.