Music Man in the Hat (Trev) Appreciation thread

Comments

• Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trev do you get to spend much time with the celebs?

Are you allowed to say who you would like to win? :D
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    OOoooo.You have put me in a position there, Because I want to ask a question on behalf of many of us but I fear it might compromise you and your contracts with the Beeb. So I will understand if you don't feel able to answer.

But who for goodness sake picks the music? And why do they choose such staggeringly inappropriate tracks so often. You guys do a great job of bring the numbers to life but some of the numbers you are asked to perform are :o Dance is first and foremost about music - dancers and dances are only following in the footprints of the musicians and composers. They create we merely reinterpret. SO why upset that alliance?

I am happy if you need to do a "you might think that I couldn't possibly comment' response. :)

As far as I'm aware, unlike previous series where the Pro Dancers chose the music, for the last two series (since the new Exec Producer from DWTS took over), the producers have been choosing the music which is why it's completely unsuitable for many of the dances since none of them are dancers themselves!
    Clartem wrote: »
    Lovely to see you both back.
    These are questions for the Hat.
    Does Trev only wear you when playing?
    When did he start wearing you and why?
    Has he ever threatened to swap you for a younger version?

Hopefully less controversial questions than ATP's

He had to get a younger version last year because he lost the original version after a Christmas Party!!!:o:D I think it might even have been the SCD Christmas Party LOL.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Trev

Who is going to sing "Ricky Martin - María"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCEvCXuglqo

In Spanish or English?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a tweet from Trev the Hat yesterday :D:D:D:D Im still smiling!!
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I got a tweet from Trev the Hat yesterday :D:D:D:D Im still smiling!!

Well done.

I still haven't figured out Twitter.

By "Tweet" do you mean just to you or to all his followers mentioning you?

I imagine that it was not a direct message as you would have said so.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Just watching the Results Show from Sunday and noticed that you can see Trev in the background when One Republic are playing and he's not wearing The Hat!! This was recorded last Friday not Saturday so maybe he thought he wouldn't be on camera.

I'll be seeing him on the 22nd at the 606 Club with Tommy Blaize so I'll have to ask him if he forgot his hat.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will he ever pop back in do you think........

I hope so *prays*
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's on ITT now! :D
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the Christmas wave and big happy smile. Merry Christmas to you, yours and your hat, :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so Trev and his hat are off on tour - anyone going?
    Forum Member
    Any early sightings of "our" Trev and even more importantly is he wearing his hat this season? :)
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any early sightings of "our" Trev and even more importantly is he wearing his hat this season? :)

yes and yes!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    katt wrote: »
    yes and yes!!!!!!!

Fantastic.

*sighs happily * :kitty:

Trev is in his hat. All is well with the world. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic.

*sighs happily * :kitty:

Trev is in his hat. All is well with the world. :)

lets hope the band and singers make a few more appearances on ITT this year too :D
  • anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets hope the band and singers make a few more appearances on ITT this year too :D

Ooooh. I hope so tooo! :cool::kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm, not many Trev The Hat sightings this series is there

*sad face*

I miss his cheery wave!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm, not many Trev The Hat sightings this series is there

*sad face*

I miss his cheery wave!

Me too. Sometimes I catch him in a wide shot of the band, but never in the formal acknowledgement segment so he's close enough to wave. :(
  • DervlathedogDervlathedog Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.strictlycomedancingband.com/Strictly_Come_Dancing_Band/news_blog/Entries/2015/11/9_Carol_and_Pasha.html

Really nice write-up from The Man in the Hat. Excellent strumming too :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.strictlycomedancingband.com/Strictly_Come_Dancing_Band/news_blog/Entries/2015/11/9_Carol_and_Pasha.html

Really nice write-up from The Man in the Hat. Excellent strumming too :cool:

Thanks for that link Dervlathedog. It's only been a year and I forgot Trev (and other band members) write blogs that give very helpful behind the scenes info. :blush:

I note that he indicated that the Pros can ask for tweaks of the music (if not get the song they want). It was a lovely anecdote about Giovanni. :)
    ...Giovanni is a really funny bloke, he made a change at the intro after our first play through then changed it back after and said “don’t hate me” which you couldn’t and it what we’re there for anyway, to make changes at the last minute, or add a couple of things etc. Top guy, he was also nice enough to praise us on the twitter, which is always nice.

Great blog HatMan! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anothermi wrote: »
    Thanks for that link Dervlathedog. It's only been a year and I forgot Trev (and other band members) write blogs that give very helpful behind the scenes info. :blush:

I note that he indicated that the Pros can ask for tweaks of the music (if not get the song they want). It was a lovely anecdote about Giovanni. :)

Great blog HatMan! :D

He has a really nice way of putting you right in the middle of things. :) I liked the anecdotes too and the little gossipy snippets, as well as hearing about the musical stuff. It's a really good case for having a live band who can make those last minute changes, instead of a pre-recorded track.

Not just a pretty hat!
  • ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man in the hat, man in the hat, man in the hat waving yay:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The band and the singers tonight... Top performance with some difficult/strange songs. Well done and thank you!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clartem wrote: »
    Man in the hat, man in the hat, man in the hat waving yay:):)

Big wave back to Man in the Hat!! :D:blush:

If you hadn't posted about it I might have missed it. :)

I caught a good view of him when Tess came down the stairs, but then he was there - actually waving - during the Dave Arch part of the band intro. Who do we have to thank for that? Thank you unknown camera person/director.

And I agree that the music was quite challenging this episode. :o
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIG FAN over herein my little corner too. I'd love someone to somehow get him on ITT on a Friday. When you think of some, not many I'll admit, of the guests who clearly know very little about the current show and are a waste of time, He would come as a refreshing change

Forgot to say, the 'at deserves a thread all of its own