Options

Pixie has gone. Please get over it!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I definitely think that she thought that she was safe. You could tell by her face.

Predictable
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    houdi wrote: »
    Predictable

Do you mean my comment was predictable or Pixie's behavior was predictable?
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think that she thought that she was safe. You could tell by her face.
    Not true .. she was shaking like a leaf .. which Tess rather unhelpfully pointed out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I've still not got over Sophie coming 4th last year below stompy Susanna

me neither. to me, both pix and soph were exciting dancers - and whatever boxes they did or didn't tick they nearly always put in very engaging dances. a lot of people made easy assumptions about their character with zilch evidence, and, actually, in pixie's case in the face of evidence of a lot of good in her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean my comment was predictable or Pixie's behavior was predictable?

Your comment, but then you obviously saw something i didn't pick up on. One of us needs to go to Specsavers.
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie- really good looking, confident, multi talented girl who appears to have it all. Was also clearly the best dancer, and had a sweet and engaging nature.

It always makes me laugh when you see certain types who claim they didn't *cough* 'warm' to her. Hmmmm.

Girls like that rarely win on reality tv shows- you'll always get more housewife 'Darcy types' who will gush over talentless muppets with zero personality like Mark Wright who offer nothing, for no other reason than they are male, (and have guns etc), and be slightly less gushing shall we say about the females. Bit cringey to see, to be honest, but not a huge surprise.

The show is a hell of a load worse for Pixie's departure, and the final is a bit of a damp squib with her not being there. It makes a mockery of the show, almost as much as whiny whingey moaning threads like 'waaah, i don't like Pixie and I don't like people talking about her so no one else can waaah' type nonsense.

Pretty sure this is a public forum for discussion, no?

Think that about covers it. :D
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diabolus wrote: »
    Pixie- really good looking, confident, multi talented girl who appears to have it all. Was also clearly the best dancer, and had a sweet and engaging nature.

It always makes me laugh when you see certain types who claim they didn't *cough* 'warm' to her. Hmmmm.

Girls like that rarely win on reality tv shows- you'll always get more housewife 'Darcy types' who will gush over talentless muppets with zero personality like Mark Wright who offer nothing, for no other reason than they are male, (and have guns etc), and be slightly less gushing shall we say about the females. Bit cringey to see, to be honest, but not a huge surprise.

The show is a hell of a load worse for Pixie's departure, and the final is a bit of a damp squib with her not being there. It makes a mockery of the show, almost as much as whiny whingey moaning threads like 'waaah, i don't like Pixie and I don't like people talking about her so no one else can waaah' type nonsense.

Natasha Kaplinsky
    Jill Halfpenny
    Alesha Dixon
    Kara Tointon
    Abbey Clancy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    streetwise wrote: »
    Natasha Kaplinsky
    Jill Halfpenny
    Alesha Dixon
    Kara Tointon
    Abbey Clancy

no - not in the same league - whether you are talking natural talent, or personality. plus they were all dancing with either regular faves or the new hot kid on the block
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natasha Kaplinsky
    Jill Halfpenny
    Alesha Dixon
    Kara Tointon
    Abbey Clancy

Not sure I'd put them in the same category as Pixie to be honest, for a number of reasons.

The only one out of that lot who it was a surprise to me actually winning was Abbey Clancy.

You still got the predictable dislike (and not just the hackneyed, 'can't warm to her' stuff, on various forms of social media/ forums etc.. but it was a pleasant surprise, and fair play to her.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my god, are you really bringing out the 'jellus haters' argument??????

*sigh*

I loved Pixie and Trent when they were interviewed on ITT. She was sweet and funny and lovely.

Unfortunately, when it came to the dancing, even though I could see she was a wonderful talent, despite me trying to love her performances, I just couldn't.

But we can't all like the same thing nor the same people. If we did, then we would not be individuals, but part of some hive consciousness. We are diverse. We like diverse things and people.

And Pixie's dances lacked, for me, an indefinable 'something' that wows me and makes me want to vote.

During the first few weeks, I used my internet votes for Caroline, my favourite, but also threw the odd one to anyone else who had made me 'feel' something special. I never voted for Pixie because she never evoked that reaction in me.

If that makes me a 'jellus hater' then the definition of 'jellus hater' has just been revised to mean something entirely different.
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Natasha Kaplinsky
    Jill Halfpenny
    Alesha Dixon
    Kara Tointon
    Abbey Clancy

Yes, and another reason that argument doesn't hold up is because as well as the aforementioned attractive, female winners, there were also many attractive, female runners up, such as Kimberley Walsh, Rachel Stevens, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Denise van Outen, and this year we have Caroline and the stunning Frankie in the final. They would not have won, or got to the final if people weren't voting for them, and I refuse to believe it was only men supporting them because all the women were jealous of them. It's such a tired old argument but gets trotted out all the time for some reason.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not go over it yet and after watchuing that lacklustre semi final i missed her even more. Her and Trent brought something extra special each week. All her dances were good. She'd have wiped the floor with the dreadful routines the five did this week.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd sooner watch Pixie's ineffable legs all day than Kevin's hyperactive grasshopper impressions or Caroline 'emoting' on the dancefloor.

Me too! And Frankies dull as dishwater no charisma routines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, are you really bringing out the 'jellus haters' argument??????

*sigh*

I loved Pixie and Trent when they were interviewed on ITT. She was sweet and funny and lovely.

Unfortunately, when it came to the dancing, even though I could see she was a wonderful talent, despite me trying to love her performances, I just couldn't.

But we can't all like the same thing nor the same people. If we did, then we would not be individuals, but part of some hive consciousness. We are diverse. We like diverse things and people.

And Pixie's dances lacked, for me, an indefinable 'something' that wows me and makes me want to vote.

During the first few weeks, I used my internet votes for Caroline, my favourite, but also threw the odd one to anyone else who had made me 'feel' something special. I never voted for Pixie because she never evoked that reaction in me.

If that makes me a 'jellus hater' then the definition of 'jellus hater' has just been revised to mean something entirely different.

Woah there. What an odd reply. You clearly have totally missed/ ignored my points, whether intentionally or not. Seems just a tad hysterical/ over defensive if you ask me.

Please do not put words into my mouth or imply or say things I haven't said.. If I thought people were 'jellus haters' (are we back in school here??) I'd have said it..

If you wish to debate the points, then great, if not, then I'll let you crack on with your 'jellus hater' stuff.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woah there. What an odd reply. You clearly have totally missed/ ignored my points, whether intentionally or not. Seems just a tad hysterical/ over defensive if you ask me.

Please do not put words into my mouth or imply or say things I haven't said.. If I thought people were 'jellus haters' (are we back in school here??) I'd have said it..

If you wish to debate the points, then great, if not, then I'll let you crack on with your 'jellus hater' stuff.

*sigh*

I think she gave a much better reply than your post (with all its sweeping generalisations) deserved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity. wrote: »
    I think she gave a much better reply than your post (with all its sweeping generalisations) deserved.

Thank you, Serenity. I actually had to go back and read the original post to which I had replied to ensure I hadn't just misinterpreted it.

I hadn't.

If the poster wishes to make sweeping generalisations and play the 'jellus hater' card (however disingenuously) then I am perfectly entitled to give my own opinion and explain why I personally didn't enjoy Pixie's dances.

And instead of addressing THOSE points in my post, I get criticised for being 'over defensive'?????? Where the flippin' 'eck was I ocer-defensive? I was being perfectly reasonsble.

Of course, now I am just plain ticked off.

If you're gonna make these sweeping generalisations, then at least OWN them when you're called on them. Otherwise, those opinions are worth nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Serenity. I actually had to go back and read the original post to which I had replied to ensure I hadn't just misinterpreted it.

I hadn't.

If the poster wishes to make sweeping generalisations and play the 'jellus hater' card (however disingenuously) then I am perfectly entitled to give my own opinion and explain why I personally didn't enjoy Pixie's dances.

And instead of addressing THOSE points in my post, I get criticised!

If you're gonna make these sweeping generalisations, then at least OWN them when you're called on them. Otherwise, those opinions are worth nothing.

Blimey, you really do seem to have a chip on your shoulder with this bizarre 'jellus' thing don't you. :D

If you struggle to comprehend the basics- ie that i am not calling people 'jellus haters', or what ever other childish nonsense you may come up with, then there is not too much point bothering to try and explain anything even remotely complex to you.

If you also cannot understand that a variety of tv shows, will often appeal to different demographics, and subsequently this can affect what types of people on the show will generally (but certainly not always) be more popular than others, then again, there's not really much point.

I've asked once that you don't put words into my mouth, regardless what hangups you have with your whole 'jellus' thing you keep banging on about. .

You've tried to make up stuff I haven't said twice now, so please stop. I am sorry if you have issues or if people have personally called you out as 'jellus'. I am not one of them. Let me make that clear again.

Perhaps take it out on those who have actually called you it.

Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ae we saying that in the list of girls who have won Kara wasn't better than Pixie??! (I might be misunderstanding the thread). :confused: Good lord. I and a sizeable number on here would dispute that a lot. Technically she was superior and performance wise she was at least equal or surpassed her IMO. I still don't think overall she can be beaten as a winner. Jill had tremendous warmth and charisma, and equally although I wasn't a fan I can look back and see Alesha and understand why she won. For me my enjoyment of Pixie derived more from Trent's routines than her, she was good, performed them well, as the 40s foxtrot housewife, I would say excellently well, but she was under par in the Latin, as the cha cha showed, and to me she was another Emma/Lisa type, overpraised by the judges, lacking charisma for the most part and very boring in interviews.
    I love Frankie though unfortunately her partner is a liability enough possibly to stop me voting for her. Abbey improved her performance skills enormously from start to finish and I was pleased she won, Susannah was unbearable and Natalie wasn't just a ringer, she was ridiculousy ringy, and didn't entertain me at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, you really do seem to have a chip on your shoulder with this bizarre 'jellus' thing don't you. :D

I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I also don't have any 'hangups' with anything. I just enjoy a good debate. Which this is definitely not, Because instead of debating with me, you are instead baiting me. Against the T&Cs.
    If you struggle to comprehend the basics- ie that i am not calling people 'jellus haters', or what ever other childish nonsense you may come up with, then there is not too much point bothering to try and explain anything even remotely complex to you.

Now you've insulted me and my intelligence and breached the T&C's again. Nice.
    If you also cannot understand that a variety of tv shows, will often appeal to different demographics, and subsequently this can affect what types of people on the show will generally (but certainly not always) be more popular than others, then again, there's not really much point.

Okay, let me remind you what *I* ACTUALLY SAID before you posted this!

In other words, I actually stated exactly what you did (in a different way). BEFORE you said it. So, it seems that it's not actually me who has difficulty in comprehending what is on the written page.
    I've asked once that you don't put words into my mouth, regardless what hangups you have with your whole 'jellus' thing you keep banging on about.

Then what did this mean, exactly?

Girls like that rarely win on reality tv shows- you'll always get more housewife 'Darcy types' who will gush over talentless muppets with zero personality like Mark Wright who offer nothing, for no other reason than they are male, (and have guns etc), and be slightly less gushing shall we say about the females. Bit cringey to see, to be honest

Because I am not the only one who took what you insinuated to mean that we were either jealous (and 'jellus hater' is simply a saying on here. I didn't coin it and don't subscribe to it) or worse, women who can't control their hormones and instead fancy any guy going on a dance show. If I am mistaken, then please clarify your statement for everyone.

And for the record, no, I don't 'fancy' Mark, nor Simon and didn't 'fancy' any of the other males. I am not some rabid hormonal woman. I am well past middle age and have a life.

Besides, I have voted for Caroline since the start of the series (and Frankie as well). And have said so on numerous occasions on numerous threads (including this one).
    You've tried to make up stuff I haven't said twice now, so please stop. I am sorry if you have issues or that people think you are 'jellus'. I am not one of them. Let me make that clear again.

No, I haven't. I have taken you at your word and called you out on it. Unfortunately, it seems that instead of wishing to debate with me or anyone else, you've resorted to being passive-aggressive, insulting and denying what you wrote when it's on the board in black and white.
    Perhaps take it out on those who have actually called you it.

Just a suggestion.

I haven't 'taken anything' out on anyone. I have answered an opinion that you stated. But that's fine. But this is a forum for discussion. If you don't wish to debate and instead merely want to insult other forum members, then you're in the wrong place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I also don't have any 'hangups' with anything. I just enjoy a good debate. Which this is definitely not, Because instead of debating with me, you are instead baiting me. Against the T&Cs.

No, It is YOU who is baiting me. Not once but 3 times now. I have told you, you've got it wrong, right from the start and yet you continue.

I love a good debate but not with those who misrepresent, misinterpret and bait as you have done right from the off. That is against the T&C's I believe.

I will tell you yet again, you have not understood what was written, and have jumped to conclusions in your very first reply to me as opposed to trying to engage in a discussion. There is little point debating with someone like that.

I will of course happily debate with non hysterical people who can talk reasonably and rationally.

I suggest you stop and we get back on topic. I'll happily do the same.
  • Options
    felinofelino Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    No, It is YOU who is baiting me. Not once but 3 times now. I have told you, you've got it wrong, right from the start and yet you continue.

I love a good debate but not with those who misrepresent, misinterpret and bait as you have done right from the off. That is against the T&C's I believe.

I will tell you yet again, you have not understood what was written, and have jumped to conclusions in your very first reply to me as opposed to trying to engage in a discussion. There is little point debating with someone like that.

I will of course happily debate with non hysterical people who can talk reasonably and rationally.

I suggest you stop and we get back on topic. I'll happily do the same.

You could try rephrasing what you said in your original post if you feel it's been misunderstood
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the subject of jellus haters (is that a trendy new way of spelling jealous?) I read on this forum that there was a hate campaign a couple of series ago against Lisa Snowdon and Rachel Stevens. Can anyone tell me which particular gender was responsible for this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    felino wrote: »
    You could try rephrasing what you said in your original post if you feel it's been misunderstood

Yes, I'd suggest this too. I read it the way Cally's mum has interpreted it, so if we are wrong, please clarify what you mean.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no real "debate" over Pixie's elimination. There are people who are outraged at her elimination, and people who are just wrong because for them, talent is optional or even something to be scorned when dancing...

Unless you're Alison Hammond, in which case it's fun/entertaining, and she should have just pipped Scott Mills to the glitter ball on Saturday...
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    houdi wrote: »
    On the subject of jellus haters (is that a trendy new way of spelling jealous?) I read on this forum that there was a hate campaign a couple of series ago against Lisa Snowdon and Rachel Stevens. Can anyone tell me which particular gender was responsible for this?

Dunno but I hated Lisa and loved Rachel. What am i? A half Jellus hater? Couldn't give a toss. I like what I like whether girl or boy :p