Final Destination 5

bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone excited about it?
The trailer is released tomorrow too because it shows before Priest! Hope it's better than the 4th, worst film ever!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I didn't even realise there was another one coming out - I mean the last one The Final Destination was made out to be the final one of the franchise so why is there another one?
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even realise there was another one coming out - I mean the last one The Final Destination was made out to be the final one of the franchise so why is there another one?
    Due out Aug/Sept
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Wow, how did i not know about this!? Like the last poster i'd assumed the 4th one was the last one...otherwise The Final Destination would be a really daft title!
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is released 12th August
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone excited about it?
    The trailer is released tomorrow too because it shows before Priest! Hope it's better than the 4th, worst film ever!

Have you not seen Resident Evil: Afterlife:eek::eek:
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought The Final Destination was going to be the last one too but I'm really excited and looking forward to seeing Final Destination 5.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    The 4th one was utter shit....#3 not much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it kinnda reminds me of friday the 13th the final chapter,they say its the last one,even the title does but then comes another five sequels lol will b nice to see tony todd back though.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not another one,4th was sooooooooooo bad

1 was great
    2 ok
    3 good
    4 horrendus
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the motorway pileup at the start of the second one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    5inal Destination as it might be called, is based around a suspension bridge. Looking forward to it, I've always sort of liked these films :)
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

I think it was because the last one did better than expected commercially, so they realised there was still money in the franchise and decided to bring out another one. In fact I read a rumour that were even plans to bring out a further two sequels if Final Destination 5 proves to be a success.

I'm in two minds about it personally. I'm one of the few who enjoyed the last film but surely they are over-egging the pudding?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP if you hated the last one what makes you think 5 will be any better...!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked 1 & 2, but not sure if it started tailing off a bit with 3 and 4....

we sort of knew what was coming, but it was just a matter of watching to see "how"...a bit like the Saw franchise went.

I`ll probably watch it anyway.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the first two films are the definitive ones. FD2 ties up the plot strands from the original and very nicely links in with it. From the third onwards, they're basically standalone. Still good fun though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    The last two of them have been pretty poor and just cover the same old ground as the first two, so I don't expect much from this one :yawn:
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that the production team has changed and that they are kind of rebooting the series
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Indeed most sequels nowadays seem to stop at 3 or 4, otherwise it's Police Academy all over again.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's better than the 4th, worst film ever!
    Better than the 3rd, though. It had the playful humour that made the second so good.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Final Destination was suppose to be the final movie, but because it did very well, they decided to carry on !!

I havent seen it, but had loads of different friends ranting and raging that was great! mainly down to the 3D - and it worked really well in 3D apparently.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I know i'm like the only person that thinks this is but i love fd 3 & 4 and think they're much better then the first two!
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this! I love the FD films. I'm just hoping that 5 will make up for the disaster of The Final Destination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not excited about it because it obvious what will happen.
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see Priest this evening, which was awful by the way, but there was no trailer for FD5...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first three films were really dark and were actually pretty creepy, and the deaths were believable, disgusting and overall the films made alot of sense and the characters were fairly likeable.

The fourth one was a disaster. It became more of a comedy to see who could get the most unrealistic death, the characters were awful and it was just so watered down compared to the others. :(