Options

Law & Order: UK - Paul Nicholls

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
Forum Member
Paul Nicholls will be replacing Jamie Bamber in Law & Order: UK as a new character, DS Samuel Casey. Devlin will die in episode 1 paving the way for Casey's entry in episode 2.

The new episodes start tomorrow in the US.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    So when were ITV going to show us loyal viewers in the UK?

Obviously too late to stop spoilers like this.

I hate UK schedulers, arrogant wonkers every one I've met in person.

Dummy well and truly spat out now.

Where's my complaining pen.

Letters to ITV en masse please.

Alternatively, continued apathy is also good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SoundWall wrote: »
    So when were ITV going to show us loyal viewers in the UK?

The new episodes start at the end of February 2012 on ITV.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That a hell of a gap. I thought they had it down to a week or two these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well as the X Factor will dominate weekends now up till christmas, tuesdays & wednesdays are reserved for football, Doc Martin and DCI banks are running mondays & fridays, and they'res documentaries on thursdays, they'res simply no time slot for it.

The New episode will be available to watch via TVLinks on Thursday from 8am onwards.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With luck ITV will axe it and Sky will take it on. Then at least this absurdity of a UK series being shown around the world long before here would end.

Not that it is on its own, of course, as Midsomer, Poirot, Marple etc have also all appeared abroad before here.

Though maybe if they had shown Red and Black somewhere first they could have avoided it coming here at all. :)

The sad thing is that if the series gets axed it will at least in part be down to driving some viewers to watch it by other means rather than wait forever for it to come here.

UK channels justify bringing US shows here unusually fast as a deterrent against this and ITV do the reverse with one of their own series....bizarre.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    But the last series was shown on Sunday nights. Surely Downton Abbey doesn't run all the way through to Feb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    But the last series was shown on Sunday nights. Surely Downton Abbey doesn't run all the way through to Feb.

No, Downton finishes in November - but i've heard rumours about another drama series taking the slot until at least christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    February????????

So America gets our home produced product first now. eh?

Brilliant.

(I know it's based on an American show, but ninety nine percent of the money comes from the UK, ITV and Kudos)

Seriously harrumphed. Any key plot or character points will be leaked before we see it on the telly.

Did this happen with previous series?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,516
    Forum Member
    The date that came up when Devlin was shot at court was Wed 29th Feb, which is what it will be next year, so feared they would make us wait until then to show the next series :(
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Weird that BBC America is showing an ITV show before ITV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Paul Nicholls will be replacing Jamie Bamber in Law & Order: UK as a new character, DS Samuel Casey. Devlin will die in episode 1 paving the way for Casey's entry in episode 2.

The new episodes start tomorrow in the US.

I was under the impression that DI Chandler had given the case to Detective Casey in series 6 episode 1.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=SoundWall;53099500)

Did this happen with previous series?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have often shown them in the US before the UK.

I think it has had something to do with the US running 13 episode series as that is common there.

It is also how Law and Order: UK is filmed. But here ITV have shown each 13 part run as two parts - one with 7 episodes and one with 6 - and often with months or most of a year apart.

Other UK dramas - from Midsomer Murders to Marple and Poirot have also commonly aired in the US, Canada or Australia well before they do here.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute! Wasn't Nicholls supposed to be joining the cast of Waterloo Road but then had to pull out for mysterious reasons to be replaced by Alex Walkinshaw?

I thought he left WR due to mysterious circumstances, not because he was joining Law and Order!!
  • Options
    McBrien76McBrien76 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute! Wasn't Nicholls supposed to be joining the cast of Waterloo Road but then had to pull out for mysterious reasons to be replaced by Alex Walkinshaw?

I thought he left WR due to mysterious circumstances, not because he was joining Law and Order!!

Ever considered that Law and Order may have been filmed a while ago? The incident at Waterloo Road only occurred in June: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s24/waterloo-road/news/a326967/paul-nicholls-leaves-waterloo-road-after-three-days.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why the new episode's not being shown online any where? Or whereabouts I can find it?

• Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have a link to watch Survivor's Guilt online?
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not the first time that other countries see our programs first, remember Distant Shores, the second series was shown around the world but ITV have never broadcast it.
  • Options
    chris_bauerchris_bauer Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Any word on if there are going to be more episodes after this coming series?

Anyone know where I can see "Survivor's Guilt"? Not keen on waiting until febuary
  • Options
    oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoundWall wrote: »
    February????????

So America gets our home produced product first now. eh?

Brilliant.

You just can't make it up, can you? We Brits get shafted, snubbed, and/or somehow ripped off for absolutely everything, including stuff that is "ours". FYI this sort of thing has gone on for ages. The US/Canada saw episodes of Hornblower long before we did, and I think they may have been treated to newer Marple episodes first too. I know they got to see the ITV version of Wuthering Heights at least a year, or possibly more, before we did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the other hand we did get to see the first series of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica before the U.S.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    On the other hand we did get to see the first series of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica before the U.S.

That's weird. How come?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.:( Not the fault of anyone here, (more the fault of the schedulers as others have said) but I really wish I hadn't clicked on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    This happens every year. Just live with it. There's more than enough to watch at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happens every year. Just live with it. There's more than enough to watch at the moment.

It's still absolutely crazy, though, do you not think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh vienna wrote: »
    That's weird. How come?

Sky co-funded the first series with the Sci-Fi channel and as part of the funding agreement got to show it on Sky 1 three months before Sci-Fi did.