Comments

• Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Handed is a very interesting choice of word.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And people are surprised?

Clueless Cameron, yet more hot air about immigration and no actual action, again.

UKIP just have to gain the momentum and seize on yet more Tory lies and failings about immigration
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands up all those who saw a Daily Mail link and thought not even worth clicking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands up all those who saw a Daily Mail link and thought not even worth clicking?

LBC had a few interesting callers yesterday afternoon in all fairness with first-hand experiences of immigrants and tax credits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    And people are surprised?

Clueless Cameron, yet more hot air about immigration and no actual action, again.

UKIP just have to gain the momentum and seize on yet more Tory lies and failings about immigration

Clueless Blair. They were in government when WTC were introduced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LBC had a few interesting callers yesterday afternoon in all fairness with first-hand experiences of immigrants and tax credits.

It's funny though don't you think that all these stories never make reference to the net gain immigration has to the economy though? I read the Mail when it's left around at work if there's not much else to read, but it's a depressing and angry read that after a few pages would have you believe Britain is going to the proverbial dogs so to speak when actually if you put aside statistics, stories and tales; my day to day life is pretty good and the things I do regularly, services I use, events I enjoy are top notch.

All we need to do is look at what life is like directly for us instead of listening to the doom-mongers. In one political survey recently on immigration something like 65-70% of people said immigration was a problem. Then the survey asked if immigration caused any problems personally for that individual and less than 20% said it did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

The Tories have had a whole 4 years to sort out this mess.

What have they done? Talked a lot and actually made the situation worse.

I love how the desperate Tories will always blame anyone but their own inadequate party
  • Options
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

Tax credits are designed with a purpose to fulfill because many employers dont pay sufficient for workers to live on.Its a wages top up-Why should immigrants be paid less forthe samework?Its the low wage economy that requires tax credits that you should be criticising not immigrants.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron needs to axe foreigners getting benefits from the government its criminal them coming over here just for the dole money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron needs to axe foreigners getting benefits from the government its criminal them coming over here just for the dole money

They can't. They must meet a 'habitual residence test' before they can even claim and that requires they live here for so long before they're entitled to anything.

But then if you believe the pap the DM puts out you might believe people can get benefits the second they set foot on our soil.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This country has gone to the dogs and immigrants in my city think they run the place.

Call me racist if you like, I don't care, but I'm sick of the level of immigration we're enduring from Eastern European shitholes.

Wakefield is also now overrun with Eritrean asylum seekers who are causing problems here.

Time to start looking after our own.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That makes no sense and is iniquitious in the case of working tax credits were the benefits are part of your wage IE your working
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tax credits are designed with a purpose to fulfill because many employers dont pay sufficient for workers to live on.Its a wages top up-Why should immigrants be paid less forthe samework?Its the low wage economy that requires tax credits that you should be criticising not immigrants.

Precisely. I doubt the multi-millionaires like Cameron, Osbourne, Duncan-Smith etc. really have to worry though about how to feed their families, pay the rent/mortgage or fill up a car >:(

It should be compulsory that ALL cabinet ministers spend time in the 'real world' and see what impacts their decisions have on real working people away from Eton's elite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    This country has gone to the dogs and immigrants in my city think they run the place.

Call me racist if you like, I don't care, but I'm sick of the level of immigration we're enduring from Eastern European shitholes.

Wakefield is also now overrun with Eritrean asylum seekers who are causing problems here.

What do you mean by think they run the place?
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can't. They must meet a 'habitual residence test' before they can even claim and that requires they live here for so long before they're entitled to anything.

But then if you believe the pap the DM puts out you might believe people can get benefits the second they set foot on our soil.

Really well how come I read families from poorer countries coming over here and getting so much in benefits and they dont even work? and they say its easier over here as they can just take benefits and live the life of luxury its criminal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Precisely. I doubt the multi-millionaires like Cameron, Osbourne, Duncan-Smith etc. really have to worry though about how to feed their families, pay the rent/mortgage or fill up a car >:(

It should be compulsory that ALL cabinet ministers spend time in the 'real world' and see what impacts their decisions have on real working people away from Eton's elite

Imagine our masters lasting even a month on the minium wage.

They talk about immigrants so much to wind people up and press their buttons .Their encouraging us to react not think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really well how come I read families from poorer countries coming over here and getting so much in benefits and they dont even work? and they say its easier over here as they can just take benefits and live the life of luxury its criminal

You shouldnt believe everything you read or conflate asylum with immigration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »

Another £3 million found down the back of the UK sofa for Gaza today.

It's amazing this country cuts, cuts and cuts pay, services and conditions for its own, yet there's a blank cheque for every foreign war, disaster, space project etc.

UKIP all the way!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How many immigrants do you personally know and personally are aware they are doing this?

Or are you really believing what you are being spoonfed in a newspaper?

Objective of newspaper - make money by selling copies. How to sell copies - make stories as sensationalist as possible. How to make a story sensationalist - make it something people will find shocking, support with whatever selective facts fit. It's a fool who believes everything they read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another £3 million found down the back of the UK sofa for Gaza today.

It's amazing this country cuts, cuts and cuts pay, services and conditions for its own, yet there's a blank cheque for every foreign war, disaster, space project etc.

UKIP all the way!!

But how has this spending affected you, personally, in your life? Can you give me a specific instead of we're getting nothing and others are getting everything? I am genuinely interested how you personally have been affected by immigration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imagine you could leave the UK for a country with a better standard of living - say Switzerland, Austria or Norway - and be given a house, free medical care, free legal aid, everything translated into English or access to free translation and have the equivalent of 10 times your wage in benefits.

That is what the UK is like for the Poles, Slovaks, Romanians etc., never mind the Somalians
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me. Any Daily Mail claim needs to be taken with a [citation needed] tag alongside it.

This needs fact checking, it smells of manure, xenophobia and more click bait/anger inducing tripe from the right wing press. No source other than "HMRC" and "Migration Watch" (confirmation bias) nor any link to any research or facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine you could leave the UK for a country with a better standard of living - say Switzerland, Austria or Norway - and be given a house, free medical care, free legal aid, everything translated into English or access to free translation and have the equivalent of 10 times your wage in benefits.

That is what the UK is like for the Poles, Slovaks, Romanians etc., never mind the Somalians

Who exactly have you spoken to who has told you any of this first hand though? Or are you someone who is also believing what the papers say and what others say instead of going on your own experiences?

Years ago it came up about mobile phones setting off fires in petrol stations. The guy I was speaking to played devil's advocate and said 'prove it'. I said I don't have to, there's all those signs in the petrol stations so it's obvious. He said 'yes but prove it, link me to a story'. I found several but in each story it was only an initial suspicion and actually another cause was blamed. So I emailed the retailers who said it's a precaution. I was so convinced I ended up contacting a refinery who told me they had no idea where the story came from.

And that's the moral of the story really - people can be really convinced about something even when there's not always anything in it. They've been so convinced by others it must be true that they start believing it with their heart and soul and cannot be convinced otherwise, even when there is no first-hand evidence to support their belief.
  • Options
    Forum Member

10 times your wages in benefits is a total myth
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those bloody Eritreans dropping litter everywhere

Oh sod off! :p