American Horror Story : Freak Show - UK Pace (No Spoilers)

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Starts tomorrow 21st October at 10pm on Fox. I thought Coven ran out of ideas towards the end of the season. Let's hope this season continues strongly. Great cast list this time round.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that can be said for everything Ryan Murphy does. He runs out of ideas.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I think that can be said for everything Ryan Murphy does. He runs out of ideas.

Is he still writing for AHS or has he handed the reins over to other people?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still writing for the show
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting tonight on Fox UK at 10pm. Will definetely be watching.

It's a 90min feature length opener. Being repeated again at 1.30am.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up on Coven but enjoyed the first two. Hoping this one is better.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up after three quarters of an hour. Disturbing, seriously disturbing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was great. The killer clown is so scary. Jessica Lange is such a brilliant actress. Her version of Life On Mars as the Marlene Dietrich character was hilarious and strangely moving at the same time. She has such a vulnerability about her which is wonderful to watch. That scene with her and Kathy Bates at the end was so moving also.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Well that was my 1st viewing of any of the series and I have to say I thought it was pretty good. Decent thrills and horror. Wasn't sure what to expect (that clown is damn scary) but ill keep watching
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Taissa Farmiga this time? She was my favourite in the first series but was largely wasted in Coven, particularly as I thought from the first episode that she'd be the main character.

Presumably it will cover similar ground to Carnivale.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I really don't like clowns, that alone might put me off watching this!

Out of AHS so far I only really enjoyed Asylum so going to give this series ago, I thought the first episode had a better start than Coven did at least.
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant. It did not disappoint. The song was deeply moving...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual it takes me a while to get used to AMH. It never grips me from the 1st episode.

I loved Murder House instantly and loved Asylum after got used to it after a few episodes, Coven i didn't bother with and Ep1 for this season is so-so for me so far. It sure was a stabby happy episode. I don't think i've seen no many stabbings in one single episode of a television show! Gruesome, yes, but necessary??

The killer clown and the siamese twins were brilliant. Sarah Paulson doing excellent work as usual. Great to see Pepper from Asylum in this. I'm guessing this is where she was before she was put into the Asylum? Jessica Lange was good but not too keen on the song at the end. Why was she singing Life on Mars a song from the 70's by David Bowie when the show is set in 1951? It would be really stupid for that to be an oversight surely they did their research? Or it was done deliberately? Has no one else noticed this? Either way if there's more songs in every episode it's seriously going to put me off. This isn't Glee! Were there songs in Coven??

As for Kathy Bates, what accent is that meant to be?!?! :o:D

I did like seeing some of the other 'freaks' - the tallest model, the shortest woman, etc - i'll keep on watching for sure as i'm sure it's only going to get better. Looking forward to Vic Mackey appearing next week.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    but not too keen on the song at the end. Why was she singing Life on Mars a song from the 70's by David Bowie when the show is set in 1951? It would be really stupid for that to be an oversight surely they did their research? Or it was done deliberately? Has no one else noticed this? Either way if there's more songs in every episode it's seriously going to put me off. This isn't Glee! Were there songs in Coven??

There is more songs to come and yes they deliberately chose anachronistic songs.

Coven had Stevie Nicks turn up and sing Seven Wonders.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was intriguing if somewhat odd and off-kilter (like the seriously bizarre "Life on Mars" bit).

The clown is genuinely scary, though, and it was great to see Pepper again. The effects for Paulson's Siamese twins was very good as well (hmm, I think we're supposed to call them conjoined twins these days).

So at the moment an amalgamation of AHS, Glee and Carnivale but a good start.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent first episode with the mysterious clown being the standout performance.

Liked - Pepper from Asylum, the nod to Mad Men when Jessica Lange said she was smoking Lucky Strike ciggies, double Sarah Poulson and Life on Mars.

Disliked - Kathy Bates' accent and the wee woman/girl? who freaked me out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decent first episode with the mysterious clown being the standout performance.

Liked - Pepper from Asylum, the nod to Mad Men when Jessica Lange said she was smoking Lucky Strike ciggies, double Sarah Poulson and Life on Mars.

Disliked - Kathy Bates' accent and the wee woman/girl? who freaked me out.

It achieved it's objective then. :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how my thread was ignored and this one is full of replies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how my thread was ignored and this one is full of replies

Why would anyone want to post in a thread which says SPOILERS INCLUDED?!

I don't know what you're like but i don't like reading spoilers. Who wants to watch a show and be told what's going to happen? What's the point in even watching? Use some common sense! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to post in a thread which says SPOILERS INCLUDED?!

I don't know what you're like but i don't like reading spoilers. Who wants to watch a show and be told what's going to happen? What's the point in even watching? Use some common sense! :D

I have common sense thank you very much and my thread said Spoilers included because we would be discussing the episode and it would mean people could discuss the episode without putting everything in tags

Horrible judgemental person. Give people a chance to explain before going off on one. Your nothing but a bully

You all treat me like an outsider on here and go to great lengths to start arguments with me. Sick of it.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have common sense thank you very much and my thread said Spoilers included because we would be discussing the episode and it would mean people could discuss the episode without putting everything in tags

Horrible judgemental person. Give people a chance to explain before going off on one. Your nothing but a bully

You all treat me like an outsider on here and go to great lengths to start arguments with me. Sick of it.

When we say no spoilers, it means no spoilers ahead of broadcast, so once an episode has begun broadcasting, that episode can be discussed without spoiler tags.

You are the one who went whingey when your thread didn't take off but another one did.

I can see nobody starting arguments, but you, you wanted to have a moan that your thread didn't take off, ridiculous.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the opening episode of Freakshow was the best season opener they have done. I can certainly understand why some people would be put off though., as that clown is seriously creepy.
    The one criticism I always have of AHS is that it usually starts great and then goes all over the place. Hope this season flows better.
    Best bits were seeing Pepper again, Elsa's big reveal, The Life On Mars song, Bette and Dot. Loved it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    When we say no spoilers, it means no spoilers ahead of broadcast, so once an episode has begun broadcasting, that episode can be discussed without spoiler tags.

You are the one who went whingey when your thread didn't take off but another one did.

I can see nobody starting arguments, but you, you wanted to have a moan that your thread didn't take off, ridiculous.

Never went all wingey, i made a point and an observation

But last time i checked, this conversation didn't start with you. Again, another bully. It isn't being ridiculous when someone stands up for themselves and continually finds themselves ostracised on here but members like you become aggressive and nasty when someone is open about how they feel. Judging by your reaction, i can easily see what your role was like the playground at school. A nasty bully. I know the whole your feeling sorry for yourself comments will follow. I am just open about how i feel. People go out there to make my time on here difficult and you are indeed one.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Pepper the same character? I didn't think the seasons shared continuity.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Was Pepper the same character? I didn't think the seasons shared continuity.

I think so, it's set ten years before Asylum.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never went all wingey, i made a point and an observation

But last time i checked, this conversation didn't start with you. Again, another bully. It isn't being ridiculous when someone stands up for themselves and continually finds themselves ostracised on here but members like you become aggressive and nasty when someone is open about how they feel. Judging by your reaction, i can easily see what your role was like the playground at school. A nasty bully. I know the whole your feeling sorry for yourself comments will follow. I am just open about how i feel. People go out there to make my time on here difficult and you are indeed one.

I am not bullying you thats just down right stupid. If your thread doesnt take off you dont go onto another one and act like you are hard done by. Then to accuse everyone of bullying you is just annoying.

I was far from the bully of the playground but thanks for judging my character based on a passing comment, ill remember to judge you and assume that you don't like it when people don't agree with you and whiney.