The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I like Tulisa's song :)

Elephant was no1 on Smash Hits today ;)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think Elephant is way better personally. I know people hated the auto-tune and the title is slightly odd, but the middle-8 (and it's crushing me) part saves the whole song for me....Tulisa's song doesn't show off her voice at all, and it kind of boring tbh. It will do well however due to her popularity through X Factor.

I hope Alexandra's 2nd single brings the goods personally....she needs to have a nice big hit...:D

I know what you mean. It's nice and summery but it's UK orientated. I think the single will bring the goods, it must be addictive as David is hooked on it. Elephant was good, but 'some' can't have autotune and others can...it actually worked for the song same way that it did on Love Lockdown (that is my jam....Kanye is a genius).
  • mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't show of Tulisa's voice? What voice? She doesn't have one.

I quite like the song, but its quite convenient!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Tulisa's song is rubbish, very boring!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol. Someone has said to David that Alex shouldn't be on holiday.. Some people really get on my nerves. Is she not allowed a nice break? Patience is a virtue.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    lol @ you lot keeping track of JLS....messy :p

Alex acapella
    http://youtu.be/fsEO_C8BsfY

What do you guys think about Tulisa's new single?.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I have no respect for this women, deciding to premiere her single just after her sex-tape was 'leaked'...:rolleyes:

It's shame because I like the song...:)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol. Someone has said to David that Alex shouldn't be on holiday.. Some people really get on my nerves. Is she not allowed a nice break? Patience is a virtue.

Twitter is full of utter twits tbh. Those kinds of tweets may put David off from giving us any information at all....they need to be shut down...I'm glad Alex is taking a break. Hopefully she'll be fresh and ready to take on her second single campaign...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter is full of utter twits tbh. Those kinds of tweets may put David off from giving us any information at all....they need to be shut down...I'm glad Alex is taking a break. Hopefully she'll be fresh and ready to take on her second single campaign...:)

I know. And whoever it was, was also moaning about her management and the other day was saying Alex has lost a fan just because he/she didn't get a reply in Ask Alex.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Alex deserves a holiday. And IMO the idea that she has one now (of all times) might mean she won't get one for a LONG time, not a year, but a LONG time. Also, I forgot to say, but I think Elephant is a RTW girls situation. Good lead single, some like it, a lot don't, although it's a view into the album in terms of sound, but not style (ie afrobeats but not electro; in this case, fierceness). And remember, 4 is epic and is incredible live....'just sayin' :D
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tulisa's new song is catchy...but that's all it is. It's just cheap, throwaway music. Elephant was the same...cheap and generic. Hopefully it was a one off though and single number two will be incredible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the person saying she shouldn't take a break. I also agree with what they said about management.

They make a lot of sense. But why is their name an Adele page if she is talking about Alex? Or does she support both or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! Even the presenter of In:Demand on the hits joined in on the debate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mememee wrote: »
    I agree with the person saying she shouldn't take a break. I also agree with what they said about management.

They make a lot of sense. But why is their name an Adele page if she is talking about Alex? Or does she support both or something?

LOL. Don't know if I made this up but, I'm sure I have seen somewhere that the 'Adele page' you're agreeing with, was actually you.. ? Please correct me if i'm wrong but.. I am sure i've seen that somewhere. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I agree with them it must be me? Ok then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?!?

If that is to me then.. I'm sure I saw somewhere, whether it was on here or on twitter, that you are the adele page that keeps moaning to David. Maybe I made it up but for some reason, whenever I see your post's, I've just thought that you were the same person. Sorry if i'm wrong. And i'm not having a dig at you or anything. Just asking.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I really love Tulisa new song its very summery and i think it suits her i dont think it would suit Alex though
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are talking rubbish. Alex just overcame a lot of issues unfairly pushed to her by radio stations etc, and did do quite a lot of work to get the song to #3....she worked really hard and when it looked like the song was about to flop she made it work and got it into the top 3.

I don't know why you think she doesn't deserve a break off the back of that. It's very unfair and slightly selfish to expect her to throw herself into another promo campaign after all that effort.

I hope the holiday leaves her refreshed so that she comes back on point.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I have no respect for this women, deciding to premiere her single just after her sex-tape was 'leaked'...:rolleyes:

It's shame because I like the song...:)
    how do you know it was not planned to be relased before this the tape came out you just dont know its easy to assume so and tbh its not really a sex tape there not even having sex on the tape ..
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    how do you know it was not planned to be relased before this the tape came out you just dont know its easy to assume so and tbh its not really a sex tape there not even having sex on the tape ..

But she was performing a sex act in the video, It's way too coincidental that her single premiered after the supposed leaking of the video. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Alex is increasing on live pop bars!
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    They are talking rubbish. Alex just overcame a lot of issues unfairly pushed to her by radio stations etc, and did do quite a lot of work to get the song to #3....she worked really hard and when it looked like the song was about to flop she made it work and got it into the top 3.

I don't know why you think she doesn't deserve a break off the back of that. It's very unfair and slightly selfish to expect her to throw herself into another promo campaign after all that effort.

I hope the holiday leaves her refreshed so that she comes back on point.

I didn't agree with the holiday scenario, she does deserve a break and is entitled to one for sure... but I do agree with some of the things that user said for E.G about her management being not marketing her properly etc... The video budget is a major issue and I honestly hope they get it right for the second single because with a reasonably budgeted video the second single SHOULD be a hit.

The worse case scenario for me is a studio video like SWY or another warehouse one... Not here for THAT!! LMK
    Forum Member
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm finding some of the comments on the Elephant video hilarious 'no matter how much people try and deny it .. we all know she's talking about a fat bird in the middle of the dance floor.' :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. This adele fan saying i'm giving Alex fans a bad name yet she's the one tweeting bitchy tweets about Alex, saying she doesn't appreciate all her fans and that she is 'done' with Alex. I'm laughing so hard right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    LOL. This adele fan saying i'm giving Alex fans a bad name yet she's the one tweeting bitchy tweets about Alex, saying she doesn't appreciate all her fans and that she is 'done' with Alex. I'm laughing so hard right now.

LOL she's being pathetic tbh!
This discussion has been closed.