Who Remembers Night and Day

Comments

• lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Watching a few eps online. Personally I think it's great. Can't imagine it in a teatime slot though. Reminds me a bit of As If ,in the trendy young people focus.

Personally, I'd quite like a new late night soap that's a bit less conventional.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh Seb Castang in his red leather jacket. Was happy to see him in the DFS advert a few months back and to see he's been in sone recent Britflicks.

Stephanie Leonidas does very well too, really talented actress.

It was so delightfully crazy, robot dads, vampirism, geisha's.....
    Forum Member
    Ahhhh Seb Castang in his red leather jacket. Was happy to see him in the DFS advert a few months back and to see he's been in sone recent Britflicks.

I thought he looked familiar!
    Stephanie Leonidas does very well too, really talented actress.

I'm liking her as well; good contrast to Jane as she actually looks her age!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    I'm liking her as well; good contrast to Jane as she actually looks her age!

Georgina Walker (Jane) was only 17 at the time!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it, I used to watch it late on a Thursday if I remember rightly
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I loved it, I used to watch it late on a Thursday if I remember rightly

Nice to see Jake Dean and Russ Owen as well ;)
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Night and Day like Hollyoaks with a late night episode now and again? Or not? Can someone explain please? :)
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Was Night and Day like Hollyoaks with a late night episode now and again? Or not? Can someone explain please? :)

there was a late Thursday omnibus edition
    Forum Member

I believe there were two or three teatime episodes and a weekly late-night omnibus.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I miss it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Georgina Walker (Jane) was only 17 at the time!

She was in Hollyoaks in The City late night as well
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    They filmed it on my street in Greenwich.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was a late Thursday omnibus edition
    I believe there were two or three teatime episodes and a weekly late-night omnibus.

Oh okay. So did the late night omnibus have some extended scenes to fit the time slot? Or just a repeat like EE gets on Friday nights?
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most memorable part of it for me was Lesley Joseph's character (forgot her name) imagining marrying Woody (Bradley Walsh's character) and him appearing from under her wedding dress with the garter between his teeth. God knows why that's stuck with me!

Ah I do love Bradley :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was in Hollyoaks in The City late night as well

Yep, and that's the last we've seen of her!
    Oh okay. So did the late night omnibus have some extended scenes to fit the time slot? Or just a repeat like EE gets on Friday nights?

Initially the late night omnibus included scenes too racy for teatime, or maybe an extra scene or two of story that wasn't in the teatime episodes. However the teatime episodes were dropped a couple of months after the series began so those 'extras' became irrelevant.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a brave attempt at a bonkers UK version of DOOl, but after a hugely promising start it lost it's way and ultimately failed to deliver.
    Unfortunately, the writers were not clever enough to flesh it out and keep it going.

Btw.
    Why is there no UK channel showing DOOL? It's pure, escapist entertainment that takes you away into another world for an hour a day.
    Forum Member
    It was a brave attempt at a bonkers UK version of DOOl, but after a hugely promising start it lost it's way and ultimately failed to deliver.
    Unfortunately, the writers were not clever enough to flesh it out and keep it going

To be fair though, they had a tough task as their central mystery had to last for a long time and they were blending genres. The soap genre dictates a certain amount of predictability.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair though, they had a tough task as their central mystery had to last for a long time and they were blending genres. The soap genre dictates a certain amount of predictability.

But that's what i meant by 'fleshing it out' beyond the 'central mystery'. They couldn't do it and that's why it ultimately failed.
    It was a great way to kickstart the show but should have been wrapped up a few months in! That would have enabled the show to develop more than it did.
    Such a shame because it was a show wth so much potential.
    Forum Member
    But that's what i meant by 'fleshing it out' beyond the 'central mystery'. They couldn't do it and that's why it ultimately failed.
    It was a great way to kickstart the show but should have been wrapped up a few months in! That would have enabled the show to develop more than it did.
    Such a shame because it was a show wth so much potential.

I don't think it necessarily needed to be wrapped up; it was more the interest of how people perceived Jane and how they were connected with her (though bear in mind I'm only halfway through). Her being missing allows the characters to talk candidly about her.

I totally think they could relaunch the idea with a few tweaks, rejig it as a series and use less music or things that they can get the rights for so that you could get DVD sales. I thought the ambient music worked better anyway; made it more surreal.

I'm not sure of the title; it sounds a bit lightweight and generic, like Family Affairs. If you were flicking through the channels, would your eye immediately jump on 'Night and Day'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night And Day was doomed because the entire thing revolved around Jane. Once they'd found Jane, it was toast. It was a flawed premise and I hate the way it ended, I felt cheated.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched the first episode and never watched after that it was a joke lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »

No it wasn't.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

i just didnt like it lool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just didnt like it lool.

Fair enough.
    Forum Member

It had a tongue in cheek quality and some humour but that's refreshing in soaps.