Options

HE ALSO has returned (MEGA SPOILER!)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay.....please excuse me for a minute while I die with pure happiness..... and plenty of squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    :D:D

Okay back again....to normal less crazy self.....

Muttley76 wrote: »
    He is skinner than ever I see...

Strong gust of wind would blow him over, he needs a few good meals!

He does look very skinny doesn't he....but if Tennant can survive the gust, so can Simm;)
    Webslark wrote: »
    Anyone else punch the air and go YERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

No?

just me then

Nope you werent the only one....although I didn't expect myself to react like that, as there was a part of me that didn't want him to return.....the part that always like rumours that I hear not to be true, and the Sun proven wrong!!!!....But who cares if the Sun or any other tabloid got it right......Simm is back.....another chance, and hopefully a proper/longer face to face with his Master against the Tenth Doctor....Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!:D
    stcoop wrote: »
    The really important question though is... what song will his next dance number be to?

How about 'I Will Survive'?

"So now you're back, from Outer Space..."

"I'm just poor boy....nobody loves me....":(:D
    Billie the Piper? Jess Hynes? Sarah Jane? River Song? Sally Sparrow?

I've put these people in order of likeliness

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because JS was outside filming...can't really cover that up, can you...;)

Hmm, I am sure the doctor would have a gadget to sort that problem out :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Now if Ms. Tate comes back i am in heaven!!!

Hello Adam.....long time no hear?????:D
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Personally - I'd love to see Harriet Jones back (YES - we know who she is!). Was she REALLY killed-off? We never saw it happen!
  • Options
    dave1976dave1976 Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Sorry all but I am 90% certain the picture is fake, I would so like to be proved wrong, but if you look under Simm feet, there is no shadow under his foot prints, also the reason Simm is looking slim, is because he has been cropped, another tale tale sign. I've also looked at the pic in photoshop, by using different colour levels, you can see the crop cuts which are lighter than the rest of the body. Again, If I am right then I am sorry to be spoiling the fun, but it is simply unfair to build up doctor who fans hopes with trickery.

I hope that I am wrong, so we shall soon see!
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave1976 wrote: »
    Sorry all but I am 90% certain the picture is fake, I would so like to be proved wrong, but if you look under Simm feet, there is no shadow under his foot prints, also the reason Simm is looking slim, is because he has been cropped, another tale tale sign. I've also looked at the pic in photoshop, by using different colour levels, you can see the crop cuts which are lighter than the rest of the body. Again, If I am right then I am sorry to be spoiling the fun, but it is simply unfair to build up doctor who fans hopes with trickery.

I hope that I am wrong, so we shall soon see!

i'm sorry, but if you think it's a fake i suggest you go tell the highly reliable people that snapped that picture on the spoiler thread on OG. You know, the ones who took the picutre of Wilf the other day that was stolen by the sun newspaper...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billie the Piper? Jess Hynes? Sarah Jane? River Song? Sally Sparrow?

I've put these people in order of likeliness :D

Well Lawrence Fox is quoted as saying that Billie has gone back to work and he is looking after the baby at the moment so........????

Jessica Hynes we know is in the special, we've seen a photo of her already so why would they cover her face? Of course that's it's assuming it's true! ;)

It certainly looks like JS in the photo and I can't imagine they would bother to go to all those lengths of faking it! Seems way OTT. I'm keeping everything crossed as these specials are promising to be fantastic!

I too just want to say SQUEE!!!! :D Much as I don't want DT to go, I know it's going to happen and as it IS happening, I want them to be the best episodes EVER!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are not bothering to cover up John Simm, I'm not sure why they would bother covering up Lucy Saxon? Though I do love the idea of her coming back, I always felt that story was going to return one day...

The two women may be something or nothing - it may be two of the crew having a laugh to see if it causes a thread on the forums :D

They were covering up JS, he had his hood up all day apparently, the photo taken was just supposed to be of BC only, it wasn't till they looked at it that they saw it was Simm as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    They were covering up JS, he had his hood up all day apparently, the photo taken was just supposed to be of BC only, it wasn't till they looked at it that they saw it was Simm as well.

It goes to show you how easily this could have been over looked doesn't it?

the other interesting thing is that another person on OG posted a few days back of bumping in to JS in a supermarket and noted that he had bleached his hair. It all ties up rather nicely.:)
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel annoyed about feeling underwhelmed :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    I feel annoyed about feeling underwhelmed :(

ha ha...theres always one, isn't there?:D;)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should, as a homage to the 1980's, have no explanation of how the master survived at all. None. They should just have him yell 'I'm the Master, I ALWAYS survive' at the Doctor. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha...theres always one, isn't there?:D;)

Haha. But I feel bad about being the one, so ... :p

I just really didn't connect with series 3 :( I wanted to, and everyone else loved it, so great, but I felt it just lacked... something. And the Master's return just echoes series 3.

Hmm ... still, I think the Tennant/Simm combination is good, if played out well ... and anything with Wilf (and Donna? :D) has to be better than anything with Francine and Martha :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    I think they should, as a homage to the 1980's, have no explanation of how the master survived at all. None. They should just have him yell 'I'm the Master, I ALWAYS survive' at the Doctor. :D

well it wouldn't be the first time he came back after being incinerated...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    Haha. But I feel bad about being the one, so ... :p

I just really didn't connect with series 3 :( I wanted to, and everyone else loved it, so great, but I felt it just lacked... something. And the Master's return just echoes series 3.

Hmm ... still, I think the Tennant/Simm combination is good, if played out well ... and anything with Wilf (and Donna? :D) has to be better than anything with Francine and Martha :eek:

Pretty much anything would be better than Francine...:o

Anyways, I rather like series 3, the finale was exciting, if flawed. I thought Simm was excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much anything would be better than Francine...:o

Anyways, I rather like series 3, the finale was exciting, if flawed. I thought Simm was excellent.

Well, yes ... It was during Francine's scenes that I actually missed Jackie :D Which is totally out of character ... preferring a "chav" over ... well, over anything! :p

As for the bolded part ... I agree. Which is why I don't quite understand the underwhelmed feeling I have. Maybe because I expected it (was it the sun who talked of a Master/Donna return months ago?), or maybe because it's just been done before (something new, might be good. No, RTD?! :p) ... or maybe because it just reminds me of Martha (again silly, because I liked her in series 3, it was just 4 that ruined her for me!).

Anyway ... I'm slightly drunk so I'm not entirely sure I've put my thoughts across as ... eloquently, or coherently! ... as I should have, but nevermind :p
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Yay!!! :D

I'd be so peeved if it turned out to be one of the make up artists who just looked a bit like Simm from the side.

How are they going to explain his hair? "Ressurecting me after the events of 'the year that never was' was a bit of a challenge for poor Lucy. She made a mistake when copying the DNA from my ring and, uhh, yeah now I look like a cross between David Van Day and one of the boys from busted. Anyway, I digress" :D.

I wonder if they'll wheel out Martha one last time only for her to be kidnapped by somebody and spend the whole episode doing very little and away from the Doctor. The Master was after all a series 3 enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcs4khScdCU&fmt=18
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How are they going to explain his hair? "Ressurecting me after the events of 'the year that never was' was a bit of a challenge for poor Lucy. She made a mistake when copying the DNA from my ring and, uhh, yeah now I look like a cross between David Van Day and one of the boys from busted. Anyway, I digress" :D.

i don't think the hair is going to be an issue, doubtless The Master may well have been keeping a bit of a low profile so picked up a packet of Just For Men at his local Boots....:p
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I've looked. I can't believe I've crumbled, but I'm so excited for next week, that I couldn't resist any longer.....

....and it's so exciting. I thought the Master might be back. Marvellous news.

About the two women. How about the Doctor's Daughter making a return for his last episode?
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    Here's one more bit of food for thought; apparently when Tennant and Cribbins left for the day they departed in the company of two women who had coats over their heads so their faces couldn't be seen.

I think we can probably guess who one of them was but who could the other be...

Hopefully one of them is Catherine :) -as for the other I think maybe Jessica Hynes -maybe
    Verity's
    house?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Are we sure it's Simm?

Yeah it looks like him, a bit, but there's any number of crew who dress exactly like that, it's taken a long way from where he's standing and there's no proof that the photo was actually taken during filming...

Plus there are doubts on the thread where it's posted as to how long ago Simm was papped like that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    OMG I've looked. I can't believe I've crumbled, but I'm so excited for next week, that I couldn't resist any longer.....

....and it's so exciting. I thought the Master might be back. Marvellous news.

About the two women. How about the Doctor's Daughter making a return for his last episode?

The picture in the first post in this thread is from filming for the third and fourth specials, so being excited about the first special is no excuse Tigger :D.

Don't know but The Sun said the master would be joined by Donna in returning for the final special. So let's hope she's seen too.

Since you looked Tigger, here are the set reports for Planet Of The dead (the easter special) and the as yet untitled second special (which will be trailed after Saturday's episode). You may aswell look now:

http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/2009/01/episode-15.html
    http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/2009/02/doctor-who-filming.html

Lookout for everyone's favourite humanoid alien at the bottom of the second link ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aatlae wrote: »
    Are we sure it's Simm?

Yeah it looks like him, a bit, but there's any number of crew who dress exactly like that, it's taken a long way from where he's standing and there's no proof that the photo was actually taken during filming...

Plus there are doubts on the thread where it's posted as to how long ago Simm was papped like that...

Zoom in on the photo (ctrl + scrollwheel up) and the face looks very much like his. Plus the person who took the photo does set reports all the time so is unlikely to have taken it another time or doctored it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally - I'd love to see Harriet Jones back (YES - we know who she is!). Was she REALLY killed-off? We never saw it happen!

Davros confirmed it.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    am i only one who thinks this doesnt look like john simm?