Is The Inevitable About To Happen? (Possible SPOILERS)

stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hmm, the following appeared at the pretty reliable "Life, DW & Combom" blog today and let's face it we all know she was going to be crowbared in there somewhere:

"Just found out this morning that Tennant is coming up to London on Friday to shoot a scene with Billie Piper. And it is literally just the one scene. Episode 4.18, Scene 163 to be precise. They're going to be out on location in a reasonably public place so there's some chance of photos but I don't want to be too specific in case the descent of hordes of 'Doctor Who' fans prompts anyone to try and find out where the information originated.

No idea what the scene actually entails but the Call Sheet lists the characters as "The Other Doctor" and "Rose Smith" so draw your own conclusions!"

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/2009/05/rose-and-other-doctor-in-418.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking out loud here. But perhaps the series of one scene cameos are part of the regeneration sequence in a similar way to the flashbacks in Logopolis, and the companion/Master scenes in The Caves Of Androzani
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »

No idea what the scene actually entails but the Call Sheet lists the characters as "The Other Doctor" and "Rose Smith" so draw your own conclusions!"

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/2009/05/rose-and-other-doctor-in-418.html

LOL, for a second I was wondering how Rose and Mickey got married considering they were in different universes ...

then I remembered the Doctor's alias :o
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking out loud here. But perhaps the series of one scene cameos are part of the regeneration sequence in a similar way to the flashbacks in Logopolis, and the companion/Master scenes in The Caves Of Androzani

If true, and while it sounds credible that's no guarantee, I'm thinking we'll get a moment where the "other" Doctor senses the real Doctor's regeneration.

And given that it was 10 that Rose loved with a capital "L" it allows that particular thread to be well and truly closed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it could be interesting, but there's an awful lot of stuff to fit into this, isn't there!?
    Blimey!

Speaking of things that don't quite fit into the allocated space. This is getting stupid
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Jayenkai wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be interesting, but there's an awful lot of stuff to fit into this, isn't there!?
    Blimey!

Speaking of things that don't quite fit into the allocated space. This is getting stupid

You need Adblock with Firefox:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayenkai wrote: »

If true, it's only one scene though. Like Sarah-Jane, Verity Newman and (possibly) Jack.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, the following appeared at the pretty reliable "Life, DW & Combom" blog today and let's face it we all know she was going to be crowbared in there somewhere:

"Just found out this morning that Tennant is coming up to London on Friday to shoot a scene with Billie Piper. And it is literally just the one scene. Episode 4.18, Scene 163 to be precise. They're going to be out on location in a reasonably public place so there's some chance of photos but I don't want to be too specific in case the descent of hordes of 'Doctor Who' fans prompts anyone to try and find out where the information originated.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If true, it's only one scene though. Like Sarah-Jane, Verity Newman and (possibly) Jack.

I hope you are correct otherwise it is yet another example of she goes, returns, goes again, returns...

Was hoping JE closed that chapter once and for all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you are correct otherwise it is yet another example of she goes, returns, goes again, returns...

Was hoping JE closed that chapter once and for all.

Problem: Given that they want to give Moffat a blank slate he's going to have to regenerate alone but that doesn't offer a chance for any emotional element.

Solution: Have the Doctor's mind link up with the Other Doctor's as he regenerates.

Just a thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem: Given that they want to give Moffat a blank slate he's going to have to regenerate alone but that doesn't offer a chance for any emotional element.

Solution: Have the Doctor's mind link up with the Other Doctor's as he regenerates.

Just a thought.

as I said I hope you are correct in your theory but personally I hope he regenerates alone as for me anyway it would far more poignant and emphasise The Doctor is the lonely traveller.
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Why does he have to regenerate alone in order for the Moff to have a clean slate? There's nothing that says episode 1 of series 5 has to start right after the regeneration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is me :cry:

Why goddam it, why!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this is getting even more interesting.....I'm liking StCoop's idea.....that it could be a thought link scene to the other Doctor, so Rose knows he has regenerated.....

as I said I hope you are correct in your theory but personally I hope he regenerates alone as for me anyway it would far more poignant and emphasise The Doctor is the lonely traveller.

I have to say that I would also like DT's Doctor to die and regenerate alone.....because it fits with every ending he has had since he became the Doctor....everytime he ends up alone.....and therefore dying alone seems to be best fit.....very sad I now....but best fit to his Doctor.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is me :cry:

Why goddam it, why!

Well I think you should try and save those tears untill the official confirmation;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Well this is getting even more interesting.....I'm liking StCoop's idea.....that it could be a thought link scene to the other Doctor, so Rose knows he has regenerated.....

I have to say that I would also like DT's Doctor to die and regenerate alone.....because it fits with every ending he has had since he became the Doctor....everytime he ends up alone.....and therefore dying alone seems to be best fit.....very sad I now....but best fit to his Doctor.....

As RTD seems bent on a messianic theme to the dr you can guarantee he will die 'to save us' almost certainly with arms outs stretched. My big worry is that RTD can't finish a script, and that the passing of the torch will be a big let down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kninemark2 wrote: »
    As RTD seems bent on a messianic theme to the dr you can guarantee he will die 'to save us' almost certainly with arms outs stretched. My big worry is that RTD can't finish a script, and that the passing of the torch will be a big let down.

Not sure what you mean by the point I have highlighted in your post?:confused:

As for the guarantee that the Doc will die to "save us all"....well considering that Nine died only because he saved Rose.....I am not sure how much of a guarantee that is....while saving a life of a companion is more likely.....and again nothing new......:)
  • SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kninemark2 wrote: »

I'm not sure what you mean tbh. What scripts would you say are unfinished?
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the Rose/ doctor story line was fininished, is she going to make a reappearance again in the last 2 Doctor Who eps with ' the other Doctor':confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    personally dont care, if she comes back
    shes a good character, and to see the tenth doctor go out, i would rather have a bit of a connection with his past, rather than a new character and a meaningless regeneration that noone really cares about.
    Plus, one scene, will it really matter. There's one with sarah jane and her son, one with rose, hmm, *Goes calling* "Martha, Marthaaaaa? Jack, Jaaack?"
    How long till its announced.
    Once again though, it doesnt matter. Real fans will understand that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    either Moff or RTD said that the 5th series launches straight from the end of the specials so maybe the person with him during the regeneration will be the companion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing that says episode 1 of series 5 has to start right after the regeneration.

Steven Moffat: "There's a strong end and then there's a very strong beginning for him*. It's literally one second later!"

*Matt Smith
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hope that the shots filmed and seen are just Doc 10.1 feeling that 10 is changing, and that's all. I love Rose, always have done, always will do, but the main part of her story is done for now.

Lets see 10.1 reacting, Rose knowing something has happened, and then maybe come back to it in the future (2 seasons from now at very least) Lets not have 10.1 changing into Matt Smith and then the whole of next season being about Rose trying to get back across the completely sealed universes again....

That being said.... I have already squeed a little (well, more than a little) at the thought of Rose being back again, it was inevitable seeing as everyone else and his cat has filmed some sort of flashback/dream scene.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where abouts it's being filmed in London? I'd love to go along. To see Billie and David.
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Donna will be with Ten in his last scene -Wales online seemed to be hinting at that the other week anyway ..it was the Catherine Tate returns to who article as I recall .. last scenes was mentioned ..

As for Rose well we all knew she would be back -personally I can't believe Rose's appearance will be just a cameo i'd honestly be shocked if it is and very disappointed with Russell if he left Rose and Ten as he has in Journey's End.It was such a sad scene for Ten -beautiful scenes great performances from David and Billie ..but miserable and very ambiguous imo.I can't believe Russell will leave Ten never seeing Rose again ..don't think Journey's end was ever intended to be the end of series 4 -that bad wolf bay scene was never intended to be the end imo ..

My guess-this scene to be filmed will maybe be part of a dream sequence but the bbc are misleading ..
    that won't be the full picture there will be more scenes.

After all we know nothing of the baddie storyline -no scenes with the Master or whoever the baddie is have been leaked it's more than possible scenes between Ten and Rose and maybe Doctor2 and Martha also are being hidden to protect the story ..

All just guessing though we'll have to wait and see :).
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a side issue, we don't know if they're counting 4.17/18 as one here, but if 4.18 has 163+ scenes on it's own it's going to be well over an hour long. Voyage of the damned has 122 scenes, Journeys End has 140, POTD has 107.