Options

Casey Abrams Undergoes Blood Transfusions

SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry if this has been posted before I could not find anything ...
The singer, who was absent from Thursday's elimination show, has ulcerative colitis, a source tells PEOPLE.

The condition, which causes abdominal pain and cramping, was treated at a hospital in Los Angeles, where Abrams, 20, received two blood transfusions Thursday night.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20472886,00.html

Link was from the Offical American Idol Forum

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the most genius singer of history of Idol, and he has to deal with that throughout the series? Respect.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    It's not going to be easy for him to deal with on top of the stress of Idol - hopefully it won't cause him to have to drop out, not a favourite as yet, but he's very much one of the more interesting ones this year.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I really like Casey but a blood transfusion is pretty tough going for anyone, let alone one who is taking part in a competition such as this.

I can see him getting a bye into next week and then waiting to see how he is by then.
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »
    Probably the most genius singer of history of Idol

Yeah, OK :D:D:D:D:D If you like a cross between Taylor Hicks and Rory McGrath.

I do feel sorry for Casey going through this and I can't see that he was ever really in with a chance of winning anyway but I'd put money on TPTB working their "magic" to get him out sooner rather than later now. They don't need the hassle and the prospect of lost earnings that a winner with a medical issue serious enough for him to potentially require regular hospitalisation could mean. Elliott Yamin was the best in his year by miles but they were never not going to try to scupper his chances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »
    Probably the most genius singer of history of Idol, and he has to deal with that throughout the series? Respect.

Oh please do give me strength.

He can play a few instruments but so pigging what? That doesn't make up for him growling and gurning his way through the competition and repeating the same ridiculous "performance" week after week to a different song.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    errrrm I only wanted to inform everyone that Casey was ill & why he was admitted into hospital.

I had no idea this would start a "Casey Abrams Bashing Thread" :rolleyes:

I for one wish Casey well and a speedy recovery :)
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    errrrm I only wanted to inform everyone that Casey was ill & why he was admitted into hospital.

I had no idea this would start a "Casey Abrams Bashing Thread" :rolleyes:

I for one wish Casey well and a speedy recovery :)

I think we all do, Skyrah, and the reasons for Casey's hospitalisation and his subsequent blood transfusions were reported on the day after the results show. However, I think some of the comments on here could be taken out of context now if you didn't the see the couple of posts that were offensive to another poster on this thread before they were deleted by admin.

For what it's worth, I agree with BLB that I can't see the show not doing everything and anything in its power to try to prevent a Casey win now.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before I could not find anything ...

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20472886,00.html

Link was from the Offical American Idol Forum

Thanks for saying as I heard Ryan say he was in hospital, last week, but didn't know why. Poor Casey, and hope he takes it easy for a bit.

xxx