Options

Anyone else not buy MW3?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
Or am I on my own here? I knew (and as right from reading posts) it would have a really short crappy single campaign and then just basically be a bunch of new maps. What a waste of money. I don't like playing online as it is and am sick of FPS games in general.

Just wondered if I'm on my own here for not being a FPS fanatic.

Comments

• Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all, I'm with you all the way.

The last FPS I played was MW2, I played 80% of the campaign on launch-day after getting it from Macro for £20, had a go online a couple of times but didn't enjoy myself at all so it's sat unplayed for the last 23 months.

Took it to Gamestation to use as trade-in for Skyrim on Friday and somehow they gave me £12 for it!!!!!??!?? That must be the least depreciating game in history!
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I didn't. I might get it if the price comes down a LOT on Steam, but I've just got COD fatigue now. There have been so many releases over the last few years that it's just getting a bit boring for me personally. The last good one was WAW because of the Zombie Co-op.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope i didn't buy it either but may buy it when it drops in price a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Not only have I not bought MW3, I have never even played a Modern Warfare/Call of Duty game on PS3 and I have no intention of doing so.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last time i bought a CoD game was either CoD 1, 2 or 3, was just after BF2 came out on the PC. Hated it, vowed to never buy another CoD game ever again.
    Counter Strike, Quake, Wolfenstein ET, BF, now ive always liked all/most of those MP FPS games.

The last time i enjoyed a single player game was 15-20 years ago on my SNES console. If it wasnt for online-multiplayer games i wouldve never been a gamer in my adult years. The internet has just really put a spark into gaming.

Right now the only MP FPS game thats got 'some' fun to it is BF3, even that isnt as good as BF2 in its day.

Hopefully the next BF game, and Counter Strike will be worthy.

My favourite game type is MMO but you need to be jobless to thoroughly enjoy the game, i played mainly just Everquest 2 religously for 3 years and 1 year casually and for the most part its quite easily the best game ive ever played.
    Proof is here, over 9000 hours clocked:
    http://www.xfire.com/profile/sparkatb/
    and id say that only counts for 70-80% of the total time in EQ2/BF2.

Not really feeling the vibe from todays games to justify playing a heavy amount of time on one.
  • Options
    Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    First time since W@W that I've not bought a CoD game on day of release.

The more I watch streams on Twitch the more it convinces me that MW3 is just a £40 map pack. I may be doing the game an injustice but that's just what I've seen.

I'm enjoying BF3 MP I think that's where I'll stay, for the moment at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't bother buying it. Instead I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops, Crysis 2 and Dead to Rights for Xbox 360 for £26. As part of the 3 for 2 pre-owned offer at Game.

At least with Crysis 2, the single player can last a good 10 hours.
  • Options
    funnyhairfunnyhair Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also haven't bothered to buy MW3, though I might next year when the price is lower.
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I dont really do multi-player, and the single players for these games are so short. I used to love them years ago, but got tired of them and abandoned them when I discovered the delights of action RPG games like Oblivion. :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also not bothered. I hated MW2 so i'm sticking with COD4 for as long as I can
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get it. What with Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and AC Revelations coming out in a short space of time I'm sorted for games to play. FIFA 12 is satisfying my multiplayer needs right now too.

I found with Black Ops that I kinda got FPS fatigue. I've played and enjoyed COD since the first iteration on the PC and that's the first time that's happened. I might pick it up in a few months when the price has dropped. The opinions I'm reading aren't really enticing me to get it either. Although I like the sound of there being a lot of small maps as Nuketown, Shipment etc have been among my fave COD maps.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funnyhair wrote: »
    I also haven't bothered to buy MW3, though I might next year when the price is lower.

Good luck with that. You'll be waiting a while lol.
  • Options
    JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I didn't bother with MW3 either. Like others have said, I didn't really see the point in what is essentially just another map pack - I'll just fire up MW2 if I fancy a quick match.

I did get BF3 though, but that's now on the shelf collecting dust in favor of DC Universe.
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't buy it either, I'm not that interested in Call of Duty (and other similar games like Home Front etc), I tend to stick to the single player campaign most of the time and try out the multi player if I feel like it, I also won't pay £40 for a game which will take me like 2 to 3 days to complete so I wait for them to be around £10 - £20 before I buy them
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Roge8014 wrote: »
    First time since W@W that I've not bought a CoD game on day of release.

The more I watch streams on Twitch the more it convinces me that MW3 is just a £40 map pack. I may be doing the game an injustice but that's just what I've seen.

I'm enjoying BF3 MP I think that's where I'll stay, for the moment at least.

same here.

Doesnt bring anything new plus its ruined by 10year olds and players called SnipeZZZZZ and BlackOpzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Too busy with Uncharted 3 and if I want FPS Killzone 3 is still live and brilliant fun
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt buy it. I liked the earlier WW2 ones but modern warfare never did it for me and im not into the multiplayer. too many other games that offer a lot more than a 4 hour campaign.

They cater to much to multiplayer now instead of expanding the single player experience, which i think was a shame personally. they should have made a seperate game for multiplayer.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too busy with Uncharted 3 and if I want FPS Killzone 3 is still live and brilliant fun

Tried to player multiplayer on KZ3 for the first time yesterday and found it pretty hard. First map (oil rig one) was spawn trapped in our base and 2nd one, I did a bit better on. Wasnt expecting to be a genius on my first outing but didnt overly enjoy it either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Tried to player multiplayer on KZ3 for the first time yesterday and found it pretty hard. First map (oil rig one) was spawn trapped in our base and 2nd one, I did a bit better on. Wasnt expecting to be a genius on my first outing but didnt overly enjoy it either.

On a good game I can go mid 20s to mid single figures.

Last week 26-5

Tonight 20-11 with longest kill streak and best KDR

I play as Marksman with two primary weapons (STA52 and VC32) and with Move.

Sitting there on The Dam at one office shooting the other team in the other office.

1 person 3 times, a medic, an infiltrator with VC9 and 1 or 2 others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

Does MW3 have a Marksman class with invisibilty cloak?

Does MW3 support Move?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does MW3 have a Marksman class with invisibilty cloak?

Does MW3 support Move?

I'd say no, should it ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically the last cod I bought was mw2, blops was bought for me , don't plan on gettin mw3 may just borrow it for the single player but no way I'm playing it online again
  • Options
    CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not into this COD crap (sorry if I offended anyone :rolleyes:), i was playing black ops with my brother this morning, and i was hating it, but I started getting the hang of it and now thinking about getting MW2 or MW3, although, instead of buying it for my Ps3, i might buy it for my fiancee for her Xbox 360 as she loved COD, that way if i don't like it, then it wasn't totally a waste :D
  • Options
    Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Or am I on my own here? I knew (and as right from reading posts) it would have a really short crappy single campaign and then just basically be a bunch of new maps. What a waste of money. I don't like playing online as it is and am sick of FPS games in general.

Just wondered if I'm on my own here for not being a FPS fanatic.

Really short single campaign? I've been going back to it for sessions for the past six days and still not finished it.

Maybe I'm just shit, but this game was totally worth the 28.99 I got it for at Sainsburys on launch night.