Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching this show, after binging on it for the past week, and it's without doubt the greatest US TV show I've ever seen. The episode "Ozymandias" in Season 5 is without doubt, the best 45 minutes of any show I've seen, including any episode of the Sopranos.

I've been watching from the start again, and the contrast from Season 1 Walt to Season 5 Walt is like night and day. Skyler is an extremely annoying character, but Anna Gunn played the part beautifully,

Fully deserved all of it's many awards. Was just a pity I'd never seen this given the extensive PR it should have done in the UK whilst it was still being produced.

I'd happily watch this another 3-4 times and never get bored of it. Can't wait for Better Call Saul, and there's supposedly talks about a spin-off about the rise of Gus Fring as well. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little cameo from walter here.

Seth Rogen = Worst Person in the World: http://youtu.be/fBFr7aGdPoo
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got two episodes left to watch, and if they're anything like THAT third last one .....
    :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    got two episodes left to watch, and if they're anything like THAT third last one .....
    :o

dont worry you wont be disappointed , they saved the best till last ... "FELINA" !!!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the stage show 'One Man Breaking Bad'? Got rave reviews in Edinburgh and is now touring near me.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the stage show 'One Man Breaking Bad'? Got rave reviews in Edinburgh and is now touring near me.

Just read a review here http://www.whatsonstage.com/edinburgh-theatre/reviews/08-2014/one-man-breaking-bad-miles-allen_35437.html

The first statement resonated with me :p

"Every now and then I have moments where I'm hit with a pang of deep despair, when I realise that I'll never be able to watch Breaking Bad for the first time again"
  • Options
    Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    All these lovely BB fans :)

It just blew me away the first time I watched it. Sometimes I would put an episode on around 11am, and just had to watch then next one, then the next one ... then it was 5am.

Still really good second time around. Mike was always my "hero". I loved his bollocking of WW. Mike was the only one I think who truly knew what WW was all about. I can't wait for Gotta Call Saul, especially as Mike is going to be back.

I am currently going through Malcolm in the Middle. It's so hard to make any connection between Hal Wilkerson and Walter White, yet it's the same, amazing, actor. I think it was in Family Guy where they cut away to Bryan Cranston, who then sneezed, and someone handed him an award :)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just finished watching it - wow!!! Best TV show ever.
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Really?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30643493
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It's certainly up there with my faves of all time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kempshott wrote: »

Haha! I started watching it in the summer after hearing so many things about it.

I loved Walt's manipulations and his storyline, but for me it was Jesse's character that I loved. He went through so much - I went back to watching the first episode to remind myself of what he was like!

I also love that the flash back scenes in 5x13 (I think) were the last the ever filmed.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    kempshott wrote: »

Why do you think they are lying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you think they are lying?

I didn't actually think Sez-babe was lying - it was just an excuse to post the link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Love Breaking Bad, watched it through twice. Seen a lot of great tv shows but none have come close to this amazing show. The only three tv shows that I haven't seen which I've heard great things about, that I think may have a chance of knocking it off the top spot are, The Wire, OZ and True Detective. But it's very unlikely;-)

In Breaking Bad, our sympathies are divided. Sometimes we're rooting for Walter, we're always rooting for Jesse, sometimes Hank and MIke and even Gus. It's interesting the way it manipulates us as viewers.

Personally, I'd put BB on a par with the Sopranos. Both absolutely brilliant.

Your way off the mark with "were always rooting for Jesse". Myself and I know a lot of other were rooting against him at times. But I was always rooting for Walt. Greatest character ever:D
    fiagomez wrote: »
    think i must be in the minority coz i certainly didnt root for jesse- i found him infuriating...

but i loved walt.

hank was actually my favourite character up until he turned on walt :(

i got the box set for christmas so am looking forward to re-watching it all over again!!

b

I liked Jesse, but yeh I found him infuriating at times as well.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this almost a year ago now I think. Best show I've ever watched, it really was amazing. I've bought the box set for my parents. I might watch it a second time myself acually. It's just incredible and I hate the though that we'll never get another episode. I wonder what Better Call Saul will be like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr__T wrote: »
    Love Breaking Bad, watched it through twice. Seen a lot of great tv shows but none have come close to this amazing show. The only three tv shows that I haven't seen which I've heard great things about, that I think may have a chance of knocking it off the top spot are, The Wire, OZ and True Detective. But it's very unlikely;-)

Your way off the mark with "were always rooting for Jesse". Myself and I know a lot of other were rooting against him at times. But I was always rooting for Walt. Greatest character ever:D

I liked Jesse, but yeh I found him infuriating at times as well.

I always loved Jesse :) He was a character to sympathise with after all the stuff that he went through. Yes he did a lot of things wrong, but at the end of the day, he wasn't a bad person at heart.

Oz is now my second favourite TV programme, behind BB.
  • Options
    LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I could watch one tv show again for the first time, it would be Breaking Bad all day long. God I love this show.

Agree totally it's the best show ever and I just can't imagine any show to top it, forever and ever. I love it to bits. I can't seem to get my life back since watching it !!!!!
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Some cool hidden things throughout the series noted in this article, some which were already pointed out on here before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    walt wasn't a bad person at heart either.........

Not at first, but I think that once he got to the point where he was cooking meth to give him a status, that was where it changed. Jesse wanted out yet Walt wanted to carry on because of his own selfish reasons and didn't care about the consequences.
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as he says in the final episode, "I liked it"
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    The best thing since sliced bread.

I've just started to watch it because a couple I was talking too gave me the impression of you wrote above. Its alright and I find it more funny than good on the whole.

If I was Jesse, I would have given that Walt a right what for by now. I think Walt is well out of line with that Jesse.

I loved Jesse's answer machine recording though I didn't get it apart from the "BI'ATCH" bit! :D The episode where Jesse's "mate" picked him up and spun him round doing the helicopter manourvre was hilarious too! And Skyler and her helping hand in bed scene in the opening episode was very funny too, especially with the look Walt had on his face as if that was the first time she had done that to him which i very seriously doubt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I've just started to watch it because a couple I was talking too gave me the impression of you wrote above. Its alright and I find it more funny than good on the whole.

If I was Jesse, I would have given that Walt a right what for by now. I think Walt is well out of line with that Jesse.

I loved Jesse's answer machine recording though I didn't get it apart from the "BI'ATCH" bit! :D The episode where Jesse's "mate" picked him up and spun him round doing the helicopter manourvre was hilarious too! And Skyler and her helping hand in bed scene in the opening episode was very funny too, especially with the look Walt had on his face as if that was the first time she had done that to him which i very seriously doubt.

It took me until half way season 2 to really love it, but after that, I was hooked and without a doubt, it is the best TV show :D
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    Having just watched most of all the series (started to fast forward some of the last few episodes in series 5 as they were dragging things out far too much imo) these are my feelings on the programme.....

Walt is a complete and uttter scumbag. I felt that early on in series 1 as I was watching it too. That Mike guy was on the right lines when he said Walt wanted things all his own way and just had to be "The Man" all the time. Walt the d head should have taken the 5 Million and quit while they were all ahead instead of risking it with more loose cannons like that Todd and his uncle and then getting involved with that Lydia and exporting the stuff too!

Btw, how did Todd's uncle know where Walt was in the desert and knew where they money was?

I think the series should have ended at the end of series 4 and I suspect they only continued it for a 5th series for commercial/financial reasons but imo they messed it up by going for a 5th series and I think on the whole that the last series was a bit of a farce.

I was saddened to see Hank getting killed, I suppose one or more of the family were always going to get killed though.

I think the real stars of this programme were Jesse early on, in his non messed up state and Saul. Saul was hilarious in a lot of his scenes. I absoloutely loved the DB Cooper line, BRILLIANT, anyone else get that reference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    ... fast forwarded some of the last few episodes in series 5 ......
    ... how did Todd's uncle know where Walt was in the desert and knew where they money was?...

Has it occurred to you that you skipped the scene where this was explained?